PDA

View Full Version : Metro Trial

dogcommand
03-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Any word yet?

Mike Noel
03-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Award for best new date on the schedule: Metro....this March date beats the hell out of May.

I left after getting dropped after the 2nd series of the derby, Shayne was a little hungover this a.m. but high functioning nonetheless.

Thanks to Shayne for his work on this trial as well to the Carruths for hosting and doing so much to make this a great event.

Keith Holsted
03-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Any one know anything?

Tim West
03-31-2007, 10:09 PM
For a club with Shayne as a member we are getting suprisingly few results.

Come on EE man, get with the info!

Andy Carlson
03-31-2007, 10:39 PM
For a club with Shayne as a member we are getting suprisingly few results.

Come on EE man, get with the info!

That's an understatement!! The only "result" we have had reported so far is that Shayne was a little hung over on Friday AM. :oops: Certainly something more than that has happened since the trial started!! :wink:

Andy

K G
03-31-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm guessing he's a tad busy.........and heavily into the 'rita machine.... :D

They throw a party regards, :wink:

kg

Patrick Johndrow
03-31-2007, 11:09 PM
The only "result" we have had reported so far is that Shayne was a little hung over on Friday AM.

Andy

And that is not news worthy...by the way, the sun is coming up tomorrow :roll:

Tom Watson
03-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Don't know the other derby placements, but Frank Price won his third in as many weeks with Piper.

23 back to the Am water blind in the morning.

I think 20 are back to the water marks in the Open tomorrow.

Only 13 of 46 back to the water blind after a combined 1st and 2nd series in the Qual.

Beautiful weather and trial grounds and supposed to be more of the same Sunday.

Kyle Garris
04-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Any updates?

Ken Guthrie
04-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Open- (as I heard it)

1. Mosher
2. Carruth -Lucky
3. Mosher
4. Gunzer????

Amatuer

1. Rhone - Martha Russell
2. Theif - Dave Seifert (Qualifies for National Am)
3. Prime - Barb Howard
4. Dozer - Some a-hole

2dogs
04-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Congratulations to Dave, Glenda and Thief for their second place in the Amateur and qualifying for the Nationals!!!!! You are on a roll and there is no stopping you now! What an incredible "winter trip" for all of you. I am sure I can speak for the entire Northwest Iowa Retriever Club in saying "WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Scott Dewey for all of Thief's great training too. :D :D :D :D

EdA
04-01-2007, 08:21 PM
4. Dozer - Some a-holenot just any A-hole, our A-hole, way to go DA 8)

fowl hunter
04-01-2007, 08:49 PM
congrats Ken,is this better than kissing your sister like you stated the RJ was.This must be like kissing your step sister..just kidding,congrats.How many points does dozer need for his title?

Tim West
04-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Good job, Concrete Man. Inching closer to dat title!

Also, good on ya Frank Price! Is Frank becoming the next Bill Hillman! Ready to hit the road and chase the Natl title?

K G
04-01-2007, 10:06 PM
You can't place if you ain't there at the end! :D

Congrats, Kenny! :wink:

kg

Aaron Homburg
04-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Way to go Gut!! Congratz to Barb and Prime as well!

Aaron

Pete Marcellus
04-01-2007, 10:53 PM
congrats Ken,is this better than kissing your sister like you stated the RJ was.This must be like kissing your step sister..just kidding,congrats.How many points does dozer need for his title?

Congrats to the trainers that shaped Dozer into the dog he is today, Gay Houser, Greg Bartlett and Danny Farmer.

Pete

fowl hunter
04-01-2007, 11:02 PM
you forgot the Bridges who bred him.But a big congrats to Ken whom trains him daily and gives him his home and companionship.

Pete Marcellus
04-01-2007, 11:39 PM
you forgot the Bridges who bred him

You forgot Dozer's sire, FC/AFC Wagtail's Rare Indigo and his dam, Cajun Storm, his grandsires, granddams.................

Pete

Paul Rainbolt
04-02-2007, 10:37 AM

kg

:shock: Kenny?
Whats going on here?

El General
04-02-2007, 11:08 AM

kg

:shock: Kenny?
Whats going on here?

armageddon? detente? other big words that I don't know the meaning of? :wink:

Will

Bayou Magic
04-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Good job, Concrete Man. Inching closer to dat title!

Also, good on ya Frank Price! Is Frank becoming the next Bill Hillman! Ready to hit the road and chase the Natl title?

Thanks Tim, but lay off the sauce! I just want to make an AA dog out of her. NutCase probably won’t see a derby during her last 2 months of eligibility (May and June). We will live with what we have at the end of this month.

Congrats Ken……..isn’t Dozer getting close to the AFC?

Frank

Aaron Homburg
04-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Congratz Frank on the three weekends in a row...what is that the Triple Crown??? Hat-Trick?????? Tri-Fecta??? I watched her win the trial at the Cimmaron and she is a long way from a Nut-Case :D Best of Luck the next few weeks!

Aaron

Shayne Mehringer
04-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Did yall know Frank is bald? Neither did the gallery at the amateur until he took his hat off to handle NutCase on a blind as test dog.

Another Metro trial is in the books. Weather worked out great and the judge's did a helluva job. A lot of compliments from the handlers about all the tests.

We nixed the rita machine for this trial and opted for handmade Patron ritas on the rocks. Mr Sehon was certainly pleased with that. The tailgate party rocked as usual and the firepit was going until about 2am.

The fire building contest was the ultimate measurement of manhood as Aaron Kelly's fan and blow technique was knocked outta the park by Carruth's diesel in a cup technique.

Sunday morning sucked to say the least, but we managed.

Thanks to the greatness of EE Stacey for setting the new standard for marshaling and my other buds that pitched in and helped out. No meltdowns, no drama, lotsa partying, and a few dogs ran as well - THATS Metro Trial!

SM

Ken Guthrie
04-02-2007, 02:11 PM

Congrats to the trainers that shaped Dozer into the dog he is today, Gay Houser, Greg Bartlett and Danny Farmer.

Pete

:roll:

I could really trump this but I will let you have your fun on this one.

Shayne Mehringer
04-02-2007, 02:31 PM

Pete

I'm sure the congrats to Ken goes without saying.... right Pete?

Gage Guthrie made a special appearance at Metro trial this weekend as well.

SM

Ken Guthrie
04-02-2007, 02:33 PM

Pete

SM

Shayne, don't pay much attention to Pete............

He is still sucking his thumb because Daisy wouldn't get in the water on the water blind.

Maybe she needs a few pro's like Dozer had to fix that problem.

fowl hunter
04-02-2007, 03:12 PM
lololololol

Ken Guthrie
04-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Congrats Ken……..isn’t Dozer getting close to the AFC?

Frank

If my caculations are right, I think Dozer has 12.5 amatuer points.

At this rate, we will probably have to get 5 more fourths to make it happen. :roll: :lol:

Paula Richard
04-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Congratulations to Mark Mosher, Dick Ronalter, and Misty for her OPEN win!!!! Also Congrats to breeder, Pete Plourde. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!!! One more win and she will be an FC!!!! :wink: :wink:

Paula

Goldenboy
04-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Congratulations to Mark Mosher, Dick Ronalter, and Misty for her OPEN win!!!! Also Congrats to breeder, Pete Plourde. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!!! One more win and she will be an FC!!!! :wink: :wink:

Paula

Misty won the Open? That's fantastic! I'll echo Paula about there not being a nicer person than Dick Ronalter. Pete's a good guy, too.

Mark Sehon
04-02-2007, 06:33 PM
I have to say Metro is a first class operation!!! Shayne talks a good game, I have to admit it he backs it up. :lol: We had all the help we needed. EE Stacey is a great marshall. We never had to wait on a dog all weekend. If you are ever asked to judge for Metro jump at the chance.

Guthrie is not as fat in person, just to let evryone know. And his son is a he man! And he has a nice dog. :lol:

Now about the Patron, what a way to win a judge over :lol: .

Thanks to all that ran under David and I for being so pleasent. What a gift to the judge.

I did know Frank was bald I judged him at the 3DQ. Frank congrats on 3 derby wins in a row.

Gun_Dog2002
04-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Go figure. Shayne at a FT named Metro....

/Paul

Shayne Mehringer
04-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I have to say Metro is a first class operation!!! Shayne talks a good game, I have to admit it he backs it up. :lol: We had all the help we needed. EE Stacey is a great marshall. We never had to wait on a dog all weekend. If you are ever asked to judge for Metro jump at the chance.

Guthrie is not as fat in person, just to let evryone know. And his son is a he man! And he has a nice dog. :lol:

Thanks to all that ran under David and I for being so pleasent. What a gift to the judge.

I did know Frank was bald I judged him at the 3DQ. Frank congrats on 3 derby wins in a row.

Thanks Mark. You and David did an outstanding job and to quote Guthrie, "those guys are good MFers"... which i think is a compliment. Would love to have you guys judge for me again down the road.

Hope yall had good flights home.

SM

Shayne Mehringer
04-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Go figure. Shayne at a FT named Metro....

/Paul

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shayne Mehringer
04-02-2007, 09:04 PM

Pete

SM

Shayne, don't pay much attention to Pete............

He is still sucking his thumb because Daisy wouldn't get in the water on the water blind.

Maybe she needs a few pro's like Dozer had to fix that problem.

I still think Pete was only kidding. :D

Besides, i heard Daisy had a good open water blind.

SM

Bayou Magic
04-03-2007, 11:05 AM

Hey Mark,

Being bald is a handling ploy. Sun reflects off head into judges eyes. By the time the judge finds the dog, he (dog, not judge) is on the way back with bird. Judge never notices the 8 cast refusals on the scented point.

Didn’t work, did it? Enjoyed running under you and David.

Shayne and company, great trial. Big thanks to Scott and Alice Carruth for the use of their grounds. None better around, folks or grounds.

How ‘bout that small black girl dog? :)

Frank

Pete Marcellus
04-03-2007, 12:00 PM

If you could, you would. Remember, what goes around comes around.

Maybe she needs a few pro's like Dozer had to fix that problem

I'm not worried about it, besides, I don't need her to start popping all the time. Daisy has placed in more AA stakes than Dozer has finished, or likely gotten out of the first series for that matter. I'll take a jam in the open over a 4th in the am anyday! When you gonna come run with the big boys, big boy?

I still think Pete was only kidding.

I wasn't kidding about the congrats to the trainers, they deserve credit too, as Ken well knows (and has written, by the way). Ken deserves credit too, he hasn't screwed Dozer up since he got him back. Ha Ha Ha.

Pete

Bryan
04-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Mark, sent a PM.

Ken Guthrie
04-03-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm not worried about it, besides, I don't need her to start popping all the time. Daisy has placed in more AA stakes than Dozer has finished, or likely gotten out of the first series for that matter. I'll take a jam in the open over a 4th in the am anyday! When you gonna come run with the big boys, big boy?

Looks like I struck a nerve. :wink:

But you better check your facts big boy. :wink: Maybe AKC performance might help ya. 8)

Jam in the open over a 4th in the am? Wow, I want some of that stuff your smoking. 8)

Either way...don't worry too much about these dogs................

Cause if you do, you will start walking too when someone says "Back". :wink:

Oh, and one more thing.....saw this today and it reminded me off Daisy last weekend. Just click and enjoy :wink: Daisy on a water blind (www.machodawg.com/rtf/DogInPool.wmv)

Never seen a pop at a trial regards :wink: ,

Gut

Patrick Johndrow
04-03-2007, 04:57 PM

Looks like I struck a nerve. :wink:

But you better check your facts big boy. :wink: Maybe AKC performance might help ya. 8)

Jam in the open over a 4th in the am? Wow, I want some of that stuff your smoking. 8)

Cause if you do, you will start walking too when someone says "Back". :wink:

Oh, and one more thing.....saw this today and it reminded me off Daisy last weekend. Just click and enjoy :wink: Daisy on a water blind (www.machodawg.com/rtf/DogInPool.wmv)

Never seen a pop at a trial regards :wink: ,

Gut

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Guthrie
04-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks Mark. You and David did an outstanding job and to quote Guthrie, "those guys are good MFers"... which i think is a compliment. .

SM

Damn straight........

David and Mark are what this sport should have more of..........

Good people having good times with no B.S.

Sorry I couldn't party with you Sat. night but I had to get mama and the little guy to bed.

Thanks again to the Carruth's, Mark, David, Shayne, Stacey, Dozer, and all who helped out for making my weekend enjoyable.

Shayne Mehringer
04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Rule #17 on internet bus driving. Make sure the person you throw under the bus isn't judging you in the next 30 days.

K G is gonna have to keep him honest at N TX regards,

SM

Pete Marcellus
04-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Looks like I struck a nerve

Interesting observation from the one who for some reason found the need to start throwing jabs on a personal level.

But you better check your facts big boy. Maybe AKC performance might help ya.

Why don't you enlighten me?

Jam in the open over a 4th in the am? Wow, I want some of that stuff your smoking

That stuff I'm smoking is called common sense, you ought to try it sometime. When you have 1 dog and competing against multiple pro's running 10-20 dogs each, an open jam is much harder to come by than an amateur 4th where you're competing mostly against owners who only stand next to their dog on Saturday and Sunday. Besides, I'm not chasing a title so I can quit the game like you are, so I don't need the points. Furthermore, amateur placements haven't been as hard to come by for me as they have been for you, so I understand your inability to process the thought.

Cause if you do, you will start walking too when someone says "Back

Performance doesn't lie.

Never seen a pop at a trial regards

Speaking of lying, you are way too young for your memory to be that bad. I was there Ken, you can't hide it, or is it something you were smoking?

Oh, and one more thing.....saw this today and it reminded me off Daisy last weekend. Just click and enjoy Daisy on a water blind

That is hilarious! It does indeed remind me of Daisy as well. Pretty smart dog!

Lastly, I don't know why you take congratulating Dozer's trainers this so personally Ken. Did something strike a nerve? It is as though you think I had some malicious intent in congratulating Dozer's trainers. Did you have malicious intent when you made the statement below? If so, I get it, if not, I'm puzzled.

Gut wrote:

And Congrats to Skeeters trainer- Clint Avant.

Pete

Pete Marcellus
04-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Swishy wrote:

Rule #17 on internet bus driving. Make sure the person you throw under the bus isn't judging you in the next 30 days

So are you saying that Ken is dishonest?

I don't believe it but perhaps you know him better than I do.

Pete

Ken Guthrie
04-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Interesting observation from the one who for some reason found the need to start throwing jabs on a personal level.

It's Ok Pete, "big boys" can handle it.

Why don't you enlighten me?

I'll let you do the research since you brought it up. :wink:

That stuff I'm smoking is called common sense, you ought to try it sometime. When you have 1 dog and competing against multiple pro's running 10-20 dogs each, an open jam is much harder to come by than an amateur 4th where you're competing mostly against owners who only stand next to their dog on Saturday and Sunday.

Yep, I heard that stuff is some good stuff. Maybe I need to try it sometime. :roll:

Besides, I'm not chasing a title so I can quit the game like you are, so I don't need the points. Furthermore, amateur placements haven't been as hard to come by for me as they have been for you, so I understand your inability to process the thought.

Fortunately for you, I don't let the success of my dog determine my paths in life. I have set goals all my life and getting a title on the dog I own is a goal for me. Allowing him to get it is the goal I have for him.

Quitting after it's accomplished is only to get away from the clowns like you.
:lol:

Performance doesn't lie.

:roll: Whatever man..........

Speaking of lying, you are way too young for your memory to be that bad. I was there Ken, you can't hide it, or is it something you were smoking?

Yep, I know your smoking something for sure now.

Lastly, I don't know why you take congratulating Dozer's trainers this so personally Ken. Did something strike a nerve? It is as though you think I had some malicious intent in congratulating Dozer's trainers. Did you have malicious intent when you made the statement below? If so, I get it, if not, I'm puzzled.

Gut wrote:

And Congrats to Skeeters trainer- Clint Avant.

You see that part you quote at the beginning that shows the word "and"?

Right before that word "and" was a named spelled Robbie.

I never saw my name in your original post so I only took it as a malicious attack. :wink:

Either way, I'm not the one in the fetal position sucking my thumb worrying too much about it.

Just like stirring it up with someone who is easily stirred. :wink:

Run don't walk regards,

Gut

Mission accomplished...........

Mr. Marcellus has been officially stirred up.

Thankyaverymuch..............

How ya like that..............Big Boy.......... :wink:

Paul Rainbolt
04-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Come on, take off the gloves.

K G
04-04-2007, 10:08 AM

My conversations with Ken have convinced me that honesty is not going to be an issue with us.

Judge what you see regards,

kg

Shayne Mehringer
04-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Swishy wrote:

Rule #17 on internet bus driving. Make sure the person you throw under the bus isn't judging you in the next 30 days

So are you saying that Ken is dishonest?

I don't believe it but perhaps you know him better than I do.

Pete

Hell he's your training buddy, you should know him better than me!! HAHA

SM

Shayne Mehringer
04-04-2007, 10:54 AM

My conversations with Ken have convinced me that honesty is not going to be an issue with us.

Judge what you see regards,

kg

I would LOVE to be yall's marshal that weekend!

SM

K G
04-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Oh, I'm sure there will be plenty of "buzz" to go around both during and after...... :D

kg

achiro
04-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Oh, I'm sure there will be plenty of "buzz" to go around both during and after...... :D

kg
No matter what Guthrie says, you wait until the end of the day to get your buzz.

DKR
04-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey Ken,

How often do you get to watch Elen?

Arturo
04-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Hey Ken,

I like watchin' those people from Lesbanon! Whasamatterwitat?

Watchin' em close regards,
Arturo

DKR
04-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Nuthinthematterwitdat

whyyaaskin rujuswunderunrwhut

iwuswunderinhowmuch kenlikeselen isal

Shayne Mehringer
04-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I like watchin' those people from Lesbanon!

It's those Lesbanian terrorists that ya gotta watch out for.

SM

K G
04-04-2007, 02:41 PM
No matter what Guthrie says, you wait until the end of the day to get your buzz.

Done! :lol:

kg

Ken Guthrie
04-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey Ken,

That Elen is one crazy gal.

Besides the fact that she is a lesbian and I think that's sexy, she always dances at the beginning of her shows. Boy does she have the moves.

Mama DVR's Elen regards,

Gut

Arturo
04-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey Ken,

How often do you get to watch Elen? ... Besides the fact that she is a lesbian and I think that's sexy, ...
Gut
So is Rosie O'Donnel! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You and her have at least one thing in common!!!!!!!

I like it too regards,
Arturo

DKR
04-04-2007, 06:15 PM
So who's bigger.

Maybe we could get Rosie pissed at Ken for something. :twisted:

Arturo
04-04-2007, 06:45 PM
I know Ken has to record "The View" in wide screen format. And play it back on his 16:9 flat panel in panaromic view!
Ken would think it is sexy to see Elen and Rosie all locked up!
Maybe Brittany and Bouncy!

Anybody offended yet regards,
Arturo

fowl hunter
04-04-2007, 07:11 PM