PDA

View Full Version : Bluebonnet open

ozman
04-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Does anyone have results or information on the bluebonnet trial?

fowl hunter
04-13-2007, 10:01 PM
overcast rain and more rain this evening..I would also like to see how much they got done and how it went.

Miriam Wade
04-14-2007, 06:44 AM
As they get them-could anyone post callbacks for Derby & Open? I don't have a dog in the fight, but am curious.

Thanks!

M

Goose
04-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Awful weather from Ft. Worth through Dallas and east last night. Several confirmed tornados and lots of damage. I didn't see what the weather was like up at the trial but I think most of the real bad stuff was a bit south.

Real windy this Saturday morning. Wind gusts to 26. I don't think it's supposed to rain the rest of the weekend.

MikeBoley
04-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Severe weather was south of the trial grounds. This morning is overcast gusty north wind and Chilly! Open got through about half the first yesterday. Double, Flyer go bird then pick up a blind and get the retired memory bird.

Qual fisnished yesterday but I dont have the results so this could get zaped by the UIM.

Mike

Shayne Mehringer
04-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Schrader won the Qual. Dan Hurst got second. Thats all i know. The weather never got really nasty there. Most of it was further south.

SM

fowl hunter
04-14-2007, 09:18 AM
the high today is low 50's with 20-30 mph winds.

Patrick Johndrow
04-14-2007, 10:53 AM
the high today is low 50's with 20-30 mph winds.

Sweet....wonderful Texas spring day

Ted Shih
04-14-2007, 07:30 PM
First and Second Series. Short retired bird shot first. Then flyer. Pick up one bird. Run blind. Pick up second bird.

Finished early afternoon. 37 out of 105 brought back to water blind.

Do not have numbers for call backs.

Ted

Ken Guthrie
04-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Ok, I'm so tired but I'll give you what I got..............

37 back to open water blind.

34 back to amatuer land blind.

Derby.........done

1. Verdell Matter
2. Kenny Trott
3. Gierman
4. ???

Qual..........done

1. Schrader
2. Dan Hurst
3. Slattery client ???
4. Schrader

Boy had surgery at 6:00 am Friday for tubes in his ears. Worked the rest of the day.

Got up at 4:15 am today...............just got home.......9:30.

Tomorrow.........up at 5:00 am.........get this damn thing done.

Love you, good night, bye................

Gut

P.S. Drank 132 crown and cokes at the Russell's barn tonight.

fowl hunter
04-14-2007, 10:18 PM
3rd in qual?who really trained the dog I wonder.

Aaron Homburg
04-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Congratz to the White Knight and Tex!!! Also congratz to Gut on drinking that much Crown and being able to type :wink:

Aaron

Patrick Johndrow
04-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Love you, good night, bye................

Gut

P.S. Drank 132 crown and cokes at the Russell's barn tonight.

I knew he had been drinking when he was telling the RTF crew he loved us. :lol:

Judy Chute
04-15-2007, 11:38 AM
...Did a child have tubes put in ears ..for infections? If so, hope all is well....

Judy

Angie B
04-15-2007, 04:45 PM
3rd in qual?who really trained the dog I wonder.

Not a client,,,, just someone new to "pal" around with.

Angie

fowl hunter
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
I thought Shannon was his "pal"?

Mike Noel
04-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Derby.........done

1. Verdell Matter
2. Kenny Trott
3. Gierman
4. ???

Verdell had nothing to do with that win...Jerry Lou handled the dog. All Verdell did was stand back, watch and explain to those that would listen how the USA would be a better place if he were dictator :lol: Yes, I came a way with a pocket full of "Verdell-ism's" as did a few others. 8)

fowl hunter
04-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Verdell is a hoot.I could have sworn he told me he ALWAYS trains his own dogs and they arent with pro's,hmmm maybe he didnt say that.

Aaron Homburg
04-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Derby.........done

1. Verdell Matter
2. Kenny Trott
3. Gierman
4. ???

Verdell had nothing to do with that win...Jerry Lou handled the dog. All Verdell did was stand back, watch and explain to those that would listen how the USA would be a better place if he were dictator :lol: Yes, I came a way with a pocket full of "Verdell-ism's" as did a few others. 8)

So is he a great dog????? or a greatly trained dog??????

Sorry could not resist....another White Knightism :D

Aaron

fowl hunter
04-15-2007, 05:59 PM
that right there is funny.

Ken Guthrie
04-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Open-

1. Dewitt Boice Jr.- Pacer
2. Rorem
3. Rorem
4. Rorem

Amatuer

1. Mike Molthan- ????
2. Maury Smith- Pink
3. John Russell- Kweezy
4. Dewitt Boice Jr.- ?????
RJ- Bruce Wafflehouse :wink:

fowl hunter
04-15-2007, 08:21 PM
good to see amateurs win the open.
mike molthan probably won with a mad river dog,congrats

Howard N
04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
1. Mike Molthan- ????

I'd bet that was Mike with Maggie. Congratulations to a good guy and a good dog.

Ken Guthrie
04-16-2007, 05:57 AM
1. Mike Molthan- ????

I'd bet that was Mike with Maggie. Congratulations to a good guy and a good dog.

Nope, other dog.

Ted Shih
04-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Open (continued)

1. Pacer - Dewitt Boice Jr
2. Mootsie - H:Rorem, O: Shih
3. Willie - H:Rorem, O: Oman
4. Reggie - H:Rorem, O: Heise

Willie has run 4 Opens this year, finished four, and placed in three, including a Win. His third gave him his FC and qualified him for the National Open.

Congratulations to Dave, Willie's handler, and Brady Oman, Willie's owner.

huntingrdr
04-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Guys I had a great time out there this weekend! Nice job on the winners and others who placed. Pretty impressive watching some of those dogs run! Thanks for everything!

Thanks Robert Rogers (bird boy)

Paul Rainbolt
04-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Mootsie is looking good Ted, congratulations, Dave had a very good weekend, when considering the competition and and #'s.
Congratulations to DB Jr. that's a big one, way to go!

Boondux
04-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Congrats to FC Regi on the Open 4th! Also, congrats to the rest of the dogs on their placements!

Boondux
04-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Repeat Post...

Pete Marcellus
04-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Howard N wrote:
Quote:
1. Mike Molthan- ????

Nope, other dog.

Mike won with Howlin Ducks Spur of the Moment. Congrats to Mke, one heckuva nice guy. Oh yeah, congrats to Spur's trainers, Mike Cicero and Frank Baird.

Pete

Ken Guthrie
04-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Oh yeah, congrats to Spur's trainers, Mike Cicero and Frank Baird.

Pete

:wink:

Arturo
04-16-2007, 12:37 PM
good to see amateurs win the open. ......

I agree. The only thing better than a amateur winning the open is ... an amateur with a full time job winning the open. Some amateurs only work at training their dogs. They train their own dogs 5, 6, 7 days a week. They are better than some pros and have been doing it since before some of the pros were born.... but ... they are still amateurs ... They are amateurs on the same scale that Guthrie was a professional baseball player! :lol: :lol: :lol: It's a fine line!

I am not knocking the winner! This sh!t ain't easy. If it was easy then women and kids would be doing it!

Hey, maybe it is easy.

Signed
Ken Guthrie

Helpy Helperson Helpin' out

Ken Guthrie
04-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Guys I had a great time out there this weekend! Nice job on the winners and others who placed. Pretty impressive watching some of those dogs run! Thanks for everything!

We enjoyed having you out as well. You and your buddies did a great job.

Patrick Johndrow
04-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Open-

1. Dewitt Boice Jr.- Pacer

Congratulations D !

huntingrdr
04-16-2007, 09:56 PM

We enjoyed having you out as well. You and your buddies did a great job.

Thanks alot! Might see yall up at North Texas this weekend too.

Pete Marcellus
04-16-2007, 10:43 PM
If it was easy then women and kids would be doing it

That's why the women stay home to take care of the kids.

Pete

EdA
04-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Open-

1. Dewitt Boice Jr.- PacerCongratulations D !and congratulations to Cherylon Loveland, Pacer and Mootsie's trainer

Patrick Johndrow
04-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Congratulations and God bless everyone :!:

Anthony Heath
04-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Congrats to:

1. The farmers who grew the corn, rice, sorghum, beets in the PP/Euk/Arkat/ that fueled the winning dogs.

2. The farmers/fishermen who raised/caught the chicken/fish in the aforementioned foods.

3. The Abi Dobbi who supplied the oil from which the plastics that form the whistles that have played a role in the training of the dog and stopped it on the blinds run in this trial.

4. The engineer who developed the process from which plastics are created from the various polymers.

5. The miner who excavated the raw material from which the metals in the dog collar/dog box/choke chain/dog bowl that have been instrumental in the sustenance and training of .................................................. .......... :wink:

Ken Guthrie
04-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Congrats to:

1. The farmers who grew the corn, rice, sorghum, beets in the PP/Euk/Arkat/ that fueled the winning dogs.

2. The farmers/fishermen who raised/caught the chicken/fish in the aforementioned foods.

3. The Abi Dobbi who supplied the oil from which the plastics that form the whistles that have played a role in the training of the dog and stopped it on the blinds run in this trial.

4. The engineer who developed the process from which plastics are created from the various polymers.

5. The miner who excavated the raw material from which the metals in the dog collar/dog box/choke chain/dog bowl that have been instrumental in the sustenance and training of .................................................. .......... :wink:

:lol:

fowl hunter
04-17-2007, 04:46 PM
lol

Boondux
04-18-2007, 01:33 PM
If it was easy then women and kids would be doing it

That's why the women stay home to take care of the kids.

Pete

That's why the women bring the kids along and make it work! :D

Carrie

W Knight
04-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Verdell had nothing to do with that win...Jerry Lou handled the dog. All Verdell did was stand back, watch and explain to those that would listen how the USA would be a better place if he were dictator Yes, I came a way with a pocket full of "Verdell-ism's" as did a few others. [/quote]

So is he a great dog????? or a greatly trained dog??????

Sorry could not resist....another White Knightism

SO HERE IT IS !!!!

ARE THEY GREAT WIVES OR GREATLY TRAINED WIVES.

THE White Knight

Howard N
04-23-2007, 12:32 AM
White Knight, I'm sure in your case it's a GREAT WIFE.

She's probably given up on you as being untrainable. :P