PDA

View Full Version : North Texas

fowl hunter
04-20-2007, 02:09 PM
post results when yall get them and wanted to see how Guthrie and KG are getting along?lol

Angie B
04-20-2007, 03:15 PM
post results when yall get them and wanted to see how Guthrie and KG are getting along?lol

Boring,,,,,, I was their marshall until 1:00. They had more than enough help there and I had a ton of stuff to do at the kennel and around the house.

Ken and Keith were as sweet as alter boys. We did have a pop spelling quiz and a math problem to solve..... :P

13 back to the water marks in the Q.

Angie

Paul Rainbolt
04-20-2007, 03:22 PM
wanted to see how Guthrie and KG are getting
along?lol

They were seen holding hands and picking wild flowers while looking at grounds for the AM test.

K G
04-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Paul, are you running the Am tomorrow?

KG

Howard N
04-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Paul, are you running the Am tomorrow?

KG

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Shayne Mehringer
04-20-2007, 09:09 PM
I heard G & G were all snuggly and buddy buddy.

Dealer and Marv Baumer won the Qual! WOOT! Got my repeat of this breeding reserved, should be born any day now!

Dan Hurst got third

Aaron Kelly and Lincoln got a Jam and the BOOGIE puppy JAM'd his first Q as well. From what i heard it was a very nice Qual.

That's all i know.

SM

Tom Watson
04-21-2007, 07:11 PM
UNCONFIRMED OPEN RESULTS (don't be irritated if they are not exactly accurate)

1st Farmer/Pudge/Kammerer
2nd Farmer/Ethel/Kammerer
3rd Farmer/Max/Nicholson
4th
RJ Farmer/Hummer/Youngblood

fowl hunter
04-21-2007, 07:33 PM
if they are right then congrats to danny and the owners.

Angie B
04-21-2007, 09:07 PM

1st Farmer/Pudge
2nd Farmer/Ethel
3rd Farmer/Max
4th
RJ Farmer/Hummer

Obviously the last series was a water series..... :wink: Congrats to the Farmer crew!

Angie

goosecaller
04-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Way to go Farmer Boyz! :)

Nice job team Vinwood! :lol:

Goose :wink:

EdA
04-21-2007, 10:39 PM

1st Farmer/Pudge/Kammerer
2nd Farmer/
3rd Farmer/Max/Nicholson
4thScandal/Trott
RJ Farmer/Hummer/Youngblood
2nd Gabby/Bowen

4th FC Catalina's Miss Monica/Trott

Amateur 30 dogs back

we're a tired bunch tonight, just got home at 10 PM :(

Pudgie virtually lined a 350 yard water blind with a strong crosswind and stepped on the the 4th series water quad

I told Danny after the blind

"for me this confirms 2 things"

1. for some dogs you can't throw anything too hard

2. people like me we have no chance in the open :(

Tom Watson
04-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the correct information, Ed.

Bob Rehmet
04-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Am land blind was scrapped after several dogs had run. Just now to water blind with 23 dogs, I am told.

huntingrdr
04-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Any results from today?

MKaty Gutermuth
04-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Congrats To The Farmer Crew!

Marv Baumer
04-22-2007, 05:49 PM
23 back from the cross wind land blind,
19 back from the 3rd series water blind
At 6:00 pm there are 15 left to run on the water/land quad.
Thats a long day!!

hibanks
04-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Congrats Marv, Pat, & Dealer we are so happy for you.
Jimmy

Bob Rehmet
04-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Land/water Quad finished late this afternoon in AM. My reporter says every dog handled in final series, BUT he is on road and sounds like he is ground into a fine pulp, so there is a "grain of salt" in this report. Everybody who finished this one is stronger than owl dookie.

Marv Baumer
04-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Unofficial Amateur results
1st Mark Roseblum with Pow
2nd Linda Noga with Annie (Qualifies her I think)
3rd Ron Geels with Toby ( Way to go Ron!!!!!)
4th Dale Sweeney with Kappa

Every dog ( all 19 of them) handled in the last series

CCR
04-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Way to go.....Annie and Linda!!! :D :D :D

Louann

MardiGras
04-22-2007, 09:10 PM
I hope these results are "official"... if so....

CONGRATS to Linda and Annie!! :D :!:

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fowl hunter
04-22-2007, 09:15 PM
congrats to all.good for pow ,he is a nice dog.All the dogs seemed like they all deserved there ribbons after tough test.

solo.lab
04-22-2007, 09:30 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO LINDA AND ANNIE!

WAY TO GO!

Angie B
04-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Unofficial Amateur results
1st Mark Roseblum with Pow
2nd Linda Noga with Annie (Qualifies her I think)
3rd Ron Geels with Toby ( Way to go Ron!!!!!)
4th Dale Sweeney with Kappa

Every dog ( all 19 of them) handled in the last series

Mark Rosenblum with "Pow"???? Martha and John Russells "Pow"????? What's up with that???? :? :?

I'm sure he handled like a dream..... 8)

Congrats to him and Linda along with Ron!!!!!

Angie

Tom Watson
04-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Rosenblum's dog is Pal, Sweet Bay's Pal-O-Mine. That qualifies him for the National. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

EdA
04-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Every dog ( all 19 of them) handled in the last serieswell kinda, several picked up, I believe that 8 dogs got all 4 birds

We finished at 7:23, could have run 3 or 4 more, what a great bunch who worked to the end, Jim & Ginger Cope, Robby Bickley and his son Trey (what a great young man 8), John Haverstock, Doug Grimes, Bob Gibson, and D. Farmer's guys Fred and Chester. Thanks to Keith and Ken who put up one tough last series, I sure would have liked to give it a try.

The line was on a hill, a pond at the bottom of the hill with a peninsula at the far end, the left bird was a retired duck with Trey in a layout blind about 300 yards, Fred and Chester were on the dam of the pond near the right end, the right bird was a flying duck shot right to left which converged with a dead hen pheasant thrown left to right by Chester, the bird landed near the base of the dam, Fred threw a dead duck right to left into open water. Dogs either went back to the last bird down (the duck in open water) or to the flyer, only a couple seemed to have memory of the pheasant, Pal being the one with the best idea, he went near the area but when it was evident to Mark that he wouldn't stay there he was handled crisply to the bird. The killer mark (the one nobody got) was the dead hen pheasant which converged with the flying duck. The 2 right hand birds were retrieved by land, the 2 left hand birds by water, a very interesting test to watch with many variations of near succes to failure.

2 dogs Qualified for the National Amateur, Pal Rosenblum (now Mark has 2 qualified) and Annie Noga.

Angie B
04-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Rosenblum's dog is Pal, Sweet Bay's Pal-O-Mine. That qualifies him for the National. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhh Palllll! Got it. :wink: Congratulations to Mark!

Angie

huntingrdr
04-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Congrats to the winners!

Ken Guthrie
04-23-2007, 11:13 AM
WOW.........

What a humbling experience is all I can say.

First of all, thanks to the North Texas Retriever Club and all involved. Everyone worked so hard to make this thing work. That's two weekends in a row with basically the same people doing Bluebonnett and North Texas back to back.

Secondly, thanks to Keith Griffith for putting up with me all weekend. I actually had a good time until I thought for sure we weren't gonna finish. All I kept thinking about was...What will they be saying on RTF about a trial that had 30 dogs on Sunday morning and couldn't get it done? But regardless we did get it done and it wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for Keith telling me to relax all day.

Lastly, thanks Ed for the kind words about our test. I appreciate the opportunity but hopefully don't get the call again for quite sometime. :lol:

All in all it was a good weekend and more so a learning experience.

The most important thing I learned this weekend will be.........

When you have the chance to drop a dog, drop it. Generosity will get you in trouble. :wink:

Congrats to all the finishers. Hopefully your weekend was enjoyable.

Gut

huntingrdr
04-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Sounds like it was a great trial!

EdA
04-23-2007, 11:55 AM
. That's two weekends in a row with basically the same people doing Bluebonnett and North Texas back to back. it was a killer for me and I did not work that hard @ BB

Thanks to the judges and all who helped @ NTRC, almost perfect weather and excellent help made for a good weekend, but don't plan your calendars for back to back next year :shock:

Judy Chute
04-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Congratulations to Golden Retriever...

NDC NMFR RockErin Red River Ruckus *** "Red", and Judi.....Q JAM :D

"Derby List (2 firsts) also 51 pts Derby NFRA" and a great looking "boy".. :D

www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=125212

Judy

FOM
04-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Congratulations to Golden Retriever...

NDC NMFR RockErin Red River Ruckus *** and Judi.....Q JAM :D

"Derby List (2 firsts) also 51 pts Derby NFRA" and a great looking "boy".. :D

www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=125212

Judy

Judy,

I have to agree - for a non-golden person I like Red.....just something about him, he also has a little attitude that I like to see.

FOM

Polock
04-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Congrats to Judi Carter and Red..................great looking Golden....... :wink:

Shayne Mehringer
04-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Also need to make a shout-out to Ron Geels on the AM 3rd. There is not a finer, harder working guy on this circuit. He works at EVERY trial he attends and also puts on two of his own. He's the type of person you'll never hear anyone say a negative word about and we need a lot more people like him in this game!

Way to go Ron!!!!!!

SM

EdA
04-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Way to go Ron!!!!!!SMtriple ditto to that, he's one good dude, this was his first all-age placement 8)

fowl hunter
04-24-2007, 10:13 AM
did toby not ever place with haffley running him.I thought he did last year but maybe it was a jam I saw.

Ken Guthrie
04-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Way to go Ron!!!!!!SM this was his first all-age placement 8)

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, Toby has an amatuer win somewhere.

EdA
04-24-2007, 12:21 PM

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, Toby has an amatuer win somewhere. not according to Ron, his response to my congratulatory e-mail

"Thanks Ed. That is our first all-age point!!!! Can you remember back far
enough when you got your first all-age point????"

Aaron Homburg
04-24-2007, 01:27 PM

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, Toby has an amatuer win somewhere. not according to Ron, his response to my congratulatory e-mail

Inquiring minds want to know? Can you remember your first AA point Dr. Ed? 8)

Gun_Dog2002
04-24-2007, 02:08 PM

Inquiring minds want to know? Can you remember your first AA point Dr. Ed? 8)

And how long was the ride home in the buggy?

/Paul

EdA
04-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Inquiring minds want to know? Can you remember your first AA point Dr. Ed? 8)easy......Sooner Retriever Club Spring trial April 1978 (the print of a resting pair of mallards in black and white by Dawn Phillips hangs on the wall in my office)

Amateur 1st Place - I'd Rather Be Lucky LF 9/5/74 O/H Edward S. Aycock.......wanna know who got second :?:

EdA
04-24-2007, 02:14 PM
And how long was the ride home in the buggy?
/Paulnot very long....Tishomingo Oklahoma, less than 2 hours 8)

Gerard Rozas
04-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Ed wrote:

not very long....Tishomingo Oklahoma, less than 2 hours

And back then you were not on the phone the whole way back from the trial when you did well! :wink:

Open 3rd - Acadiana Oct 1998 - Watermark's Zipper (1/5/94)

EdA
04-24-2007, 02:55 PM
And back then you were not on the phone the whole way back from the trial when you did well! :wink: nope, no cellphones, but it was the heyday of the CB radio :wink: my handle was The Pill Pusher (which was sometimes misinterpreted)

Patrick Johndrow
04-25-2007, 10:43 AM
nope, no cellphones, but it was the heyday of the CB radio :wink: my handle was The Pill Pusher (which was sometimes misinterpreted)

Must have been back in the day befor wine coolers ;)

EdA
04-25-2007, 11:22 AM
nope, no cellphones, but it was the heyday of the CB radio :wink: my handle was The Pill Pusher (which was sometimes misinterpreted)

Must have been back in the day befor wine coolers ;)dunno, never drank a wine cooler myself, ask Guthrie about them, in those days I was a beer drinker :wink:

Patrick Johndrow
04-25-2007, 11:37 AM

Must have been back in the day befor wine coolers ;)dunno, never drank a wine cooler myself, ask Guthrie about them, in those days I was a beer drinker :wink:

Cupcakes and wine coolers? damned aint that something. :D

Dan Blevins
04-25-2007, 12:23 PM
I would like to know????

Thanks

Dan

EdA
04-25-2007, 02:07 PM
I would like to know????
2nd NFC-AFC San Joaquin Honcho O/H Judith S. Weikel

obviously before we were married but while she was teaching me to train dogs 8)

goosecaller
04-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Who were the judges?

Was Honcho on his A game? :wink:

Obviously your dog was! :o

Great story to share Dr Ed... I sense a sequal!

Goose

Shayne Mehringer
04-26-2007, 09:45 AM

Too easy.

SM