PDA

View Full Version : Dallas-Ft Worth Labrador Retriever clubs *Sanctioned* HT

Angie B
04-25-2007, 06:35 AM
It's up on Entryexpress.net. June 3rd in Aubrey, Texas. A single junior and senior.

Hope to see you there...... :D

Angie

huntingrdr
04-25-2007, 03:37 PM
I might have to come out and run my dog on his first senior test. He might be ready by then.

Robert

Angie B
04-25-2007, 05:57 PM
I might have to come out and run my dog on his first senior test. He might be ready by then.

Robert

We'd love to have you! It would be good practice for you both.

Angie

fowl hunter
04-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Ill be there to donate.

Angie B
04-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Ill be there to donate.

Great!!! It should be a good time......

Angie

Paula H
04-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Angie, MAN I wish I could be there! Are you having a raffle or anything? I would love to send something down to help the cause.......

I am banking on being there NEXT year. And I hope I can finally meet up with you.

Paula

Angie B
04-26-2007, 06:46 AM
Angie, MAN I wish I could be there! Are you having a raffle or anything? I would love to send something down to help the cause.......

I am banking on being there NEXT year. And I hope I can finally meet up with you.

Paula

No, no raffle but thanks for the offer!!!! Probably next year when we're running the real thing.

We'll hook up before you know it.

Angie

Goose
04-29-2007, 11:45 AM
New club?? Looks like you're putting Janet to work. She needs to drag John out with her!

Let me know if you need any help. Goose and I will probably swing by to watch. Can he run??

Hope it's not too hot.

Paul

Angie B
04-29-2007, 08:33 PM
New club?? Looks like you're putting Janet to work. She needs to drag John out with her!

Let me know if you need any help. Goose and I will probably swing by to watch. Can he run??

Hope it's not too hot.

Paul

No,,,, not a new club. Just an established one jump starting their hunt test again...Sure Goose can run and we'd love to see you....

Angie

Ken Guthrie
04-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Hey Angie.........

You and Tim have shown a hunt test person can help at a trial.

Have you asked those trial folks to help out with your hunt test?

I'm sure we will talk and I will help if any way possible.

Is it all about the dogs or the people? :shock:

We shall see regards,

Gut

Angie B
04-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Hey Angie.........

You and Tim have shown a hunt test person can help at a trial.

Have you asked those trial folks to help out with your hunt test?

I'm sure we will talk and I will help if any way possible.

Is it all about the dogs or the people? :shock:

We shall see regards,

Gut

I think we have the sanctioned covered, but thanks. :wink: Once we pick a date for next years "real" hunt test I'll be giving those like yourself who have offered a jing. I'm shooting for a weekend where there's no local FT's.....

Thanks for offering. I/we really appreciate it.....
:D :D
Angie

2blackdogs
04-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Angie
I'm glad to see you're reviving and old club. I'm glad to have another test only 3 hour away. I don't have anything running Jr or Sr so we have to head to Jayhawks that weekend for the Masters but next year when you're full blown we'll be there.

Al

huntingrdr
04-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Well, I have been working with him on training every day after school. Tomorrow hopefully will be my last day on the swim by, then moving into some diversions and some other water and land blinds. Any thing else you guys suggest to prepare for this test?

I can't wait to run my dog there and see how he does! It will be my first senior test. It will be good practice for myself and the dog, and it will be a good thing to learn what I need to work on after I run him.

Anyone else heading out there?

Robert Rogers

Angie B
04-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Robert,,,

Do you have a rule book???

Angie

huntingrdr
04-30-2007, 08:59 PM
No...not with me. I have just been reading the AKC website and the rulebook on there under hunt test.

Angie B
04-30-2007, 09:19 PM
No...not with me. I have just been reading the AKC website and the rulebook on there under hunt test.

Perfect!!! Print it, and memorize it....

Come out on Saturday's and I'll talk you through it.... Give the kennel a jing to find out where and when....

We'll getcha ready..... 8)

Angie

huntingrdr
04-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Will do!

Thanks

MikeBoley
05-01-2007, 10:37 AM
rulebook we dont need no stinking rulebook

Lady Duck Hunter
05-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Angie, correct me if I'm wrong, but a pass at a sanctioning test does count towards title, right?

Dave said he would like to run if it does....do you have pretty title ribbons? :wink:

FOM
05-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Angie, correct me if I'm wrong, but a pass at a sanctioning test does count towards title, right?

Dave said he would like to run if it does....do you have pretty title ribbons? :wink:

I do not believe they do - I ran one here in CO one year and they didn't even give out ribbons, just a coin thingie - it was good practice, entry fee was less than normal and the judges allowed minor things to slide and carried handlers (note: they corrected those minors things with the handlers and told them they should be DQed however they wanted the handler's to learn, etc, etc and did not drop them for silly things) It was a great learning experience for all! I think in my case I gave 2 comands on the walk up and realized I had done that before I could shut my trap, judges corrected me, I learned a lesson and got to play all day....truly appreciated the opportunity.

Lainee

Angie B
05-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Lainee is right.... It's the clubs "practice run" for AKC. Next year we will have an honest to goodness one... Hope to see you then. :wink:

Angie

Lady Duck Hunter
05-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Ok, thanks, I guess I got that confused with the HRC, they changed that rule a few years agoa nd I couldn't remember which organization had made that change. Best luck with your event and I'm sure Dave will look forward to running it in the future.

ramblinmaxx
05-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Sounds like fun, We plan to be there.

Marty and Lesa

fowl hunter
05-01-2007, 03:40 PM
can you enter when you get there or do you have to do it early on EE?I just dont know my exact schedule yet.

ramblinmaxx
05-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Entries close May 25.

huntingrdr
05-01-2007, 05:21 PM
I will be signing up on EE later this month. Marty, how many dogs are you bringing?

Brad B
05-01-2007, 06:29 PM
[quote="Lady Duck Hunter"]Angie, correct me if I'm wrong, but a pass at a sanctioning test does count towards title, right?quote]

So does it count as a pass towards title or not ??

Andy Carlson
05-01-2007, 06:39 PM
So does it count as a pass towards title or not ??

No it does not.

Andy

Brad B
05-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Didn't think so..but thought I'd check to be sure.

Thanks Andy.

Lady Duck Hunter
05-01-2007, 07:31 PM
That's right it does not. I couldn't remember. There was a rule change for HRC a few years back and I couldn't remember if it was HRC or AKC at first....remember, I am old and blonde, and too lazy to look it up myself - so I have an excuse.

A Sanctioning test is perfect to see where you are in your training if you've never run a test before of if you want to see how the atmosphere will affect your dog.

ramblinmaxx
05-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Marty, how many dogs are you bringing?

Robert,
We will bring BG and Zee. Not sure might even bring another one or two. Can't bring any of our Master Hunters, since it is JH and SH only.

Marty

huntingrdr
05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Yah, cool!

I am pretty excited, this will be Lukes first senior test. Will be great practice for us both to see what I need to work on. I am anxious (spelling) to see if he can pass it. Going to be a lot of fun either way!

Robert

ramblinmaxx
05-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Sounds like fun, We plan to be there.

Marty and Lesa

Just found out today Brayden's baptism is that weekend. Going to OKC instead. Hope everybody has fun and we will see you all next year at the Real Thing !

Marty and Lesa
(Brayden is our 6 month old Grandson)
http://www.ramblinmaxx.com/grandkids.html

huntingrdr
05-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Have fun Marty!

Angie B
05-24-2007, 09:38 PM
It closes tomarrow night..... Don't forget to enter. :wink:

Angie