PDA

View Full Version : The Minnesota Master Retriever Hunt Test 2007

hhlabradors
05-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Greater Minnesota Hunt Test Association
announces
The Minnesota Master Retriever Hunt Test 2007

Who are we: The Greater Minnesota Hunt Test Association is a new coalition of many of the retriever hunt test clubs within Minnesota, as well as those found near our Minnesota borders in Wisconsin, Iowa, and North Dakota. The group has met for the past three years to discuss how we can work together to improve the hunt test program, our enjoyment of our dogs, and to come together as a larger entity to secure and improve our sport. In the past three years we have established a rotation of hunt test judging seminars across the state so that all interested parties have access to at least two judging seminars a year and to assist the hosting clubs in the seminar’s success. We have also had numerous and lengthy discussions about those things we hold dear, mostly our dogs, and how we can work to improve our time spent with them and each other. To this end, the GMHTA has launched a new venture this coming summer…The Minnesota Master Retriever Hunt Test!

When: 8:00 AM, Saturday, July 28 and Sunday, July 29, 2007.

Where: Marten’s Meadows of Central Minnesota Retriever Club, St. Cloud, Minnesota

Eligibility: Any dog that is eligible to compete in AKC, NAHRA, and/or UKC retriever events and whose owner(s) reside within in the state of Minnesota, or is a current member in good standing of a member club of the Greater Minnesota Hunt Test Association.

Format: This will be an event that may include aspects of AKC, NAHRA, and UKC Hunt tests as well as elements of AKC Field Trials.

There will only be one stake/flight.

Some series of the test may be in the traditional hunt test style with numerous hidden guns, and handlers will be asked to dress in customary hunting clothing to include camouflage or dark clothing. Other series may be more field trial oriented with gunners and throwers in conspicuous white attire, retired guns, and longer marks and blinds than traditionally found in the hunt test format. Handlers may be asked to carry a firearm on any series and may be asked to fire the weapon from the line or in the field in the event of an upland test. No live ammo will be used on the line nor by any handler while handling a dog.

Dogs will be tested on land and water. There shall be at least one marking series to include at least a triple marked retrieve, and also at least one series to include a double blind. All tests are subject to the discretion of the judges. The test/trial will consist of 4 series:
1. A Land series which may include multiple marks, blinds, an upland test that may require quartering and retrieval of any found (planted dead) game, and may require steadiness to wing and shot as well as retrieving any shot game, and/or a trailing test.
2. A Water series to include multiple marks, blinds, multiple water entries and exits, and numerous decoys. Handlers and dogs may be required to work out of blinds and/or boats.
3. A Land/Water series to include multiple marks and blinds. Elements from the land and/or water series detailed above may be included as well.
4. The fourth series will be at the discretion of the judges and may include elements of any of the above series. The fourth series will be the final test to determine the placement of all remaining dogs.

Awards: All dogs that are invited to the fourth series will have earned the title of “Minnesota Master Finalist” and will be awarded a ribbon. After the fourth series is completed the judges will place the top four dogs based upon the work they demonstrated throughout the entire test. The top four places will be awarded an placement ribbon and the1st place dog will be awarded a trophy.

Rules: All participants will be expected to abide by the rules that govern our sanctioned and licensed events in AKC, UKC, or NAHRA. Unsportsmanlike conduct, mistreatment of your dog, cheating, or if your dog attacks another will result in the immediate disqualification from the event you will be excused from the test grounds.

Judges: Respected, reputable, and experienced AKC, UKC, and/or NAHRA judges who reside in Minnesota will judge the event. The judges that have been selected are friends, colleagues, and mentors to many of the retriever community.

The judging panel will include:

John Blackbird – Master National Judge 2006, multiple Master trainer/handler/judge, Finalist in the ESPN Great Outdoor Games.
Dan Hove – NAHRA Richard A. Wolters National Invitational Judge 2007, Multiple AKC and NAHRA master trainer/handler/judge.
Chad Engels – AKC Field Trial and Hunt Test Judge with numerous points, Trainer and Handler of Master and QAA dogs

Scoring: Dogs will be evaluated in 4 categories: Marking, Style, Perseverance, and Trainability. An adaptation of the current AKC score sheet and scoring rules will be used.

Entries: Entry forms will be available from Gordie Schlichting at hohumsretrievers@aol.com.

Entries Close July 15, 2007

Birds: Ducks and/or pheasants will be used for all tests. The judges will have access to at least two live flyers for every dog entered.

Entry fees: $45

Calcutta: The will be a Calcutta with the top four dogs dividing 50% of the purse. Bidding for the Calcutta will begin at 7:45 AM.

Food: There will be lunch available on the grounds at the clubhouse.

Accomodations: There are a number of hotels and motels available in the Sauk Rapids/St. Cloud area. There will not be camping available on the grounds. If you need assistance call Gordie Schlichting.

All test participants should be ready and willing to assist in the field during the test. We will ask for shooters, throwers, marshals, blind planters, etc. Please come ready to go to the field for a portion of the day.

Test Chair: Gordie Schlichting II
320-685-8997
hohumsretrievers@aol.com

hhlabradors
05-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Minnesota Master Hunt Test
Saturday, July 28 and Sunday, July 29, 2007
Martins Meadows of Central Minnesota Retriever Club
St. Cloud, MN

A championship style event to crown the top retriever in Minnesota!

This will be a non-licensed/sanctioned event that will combine elements of AKC, NAHRA and UKC hunt tests as well as field trials in a fun event to be judged by some of our most respected and well-known judges in the state.

Entries Close July 15!

There is no qualification requirement.

For more information contact Event Chair
Gordon J. Schlichting II
hohumsretrievers@aol.com
320-685-8997

hhlabradors
05-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Official Entry Form

Greater Minnesota Hunt Test Association Minnesota Master Hunt Test
July 28 and 29, 2007

Martens Meadows of the Central Minnesota Retriever Club
Sauk Rapids, MN

Entries close July 15, 2007
Mail entry to:
Gordon J. Schlichting II
Test Chair and Event Secretary
24306 County Road #2
Cold Spring MN 56320
320-685-8997
hohumsretrievers@aol.com

Entry Fee - $45

Make checks payable to Greater Minnesota Hunt Test Association

Full Name of Dog
Breed Birthdate
M/F Call Name
Owner’s Name
Address

Handler

AGREEMENT
I certify that I am the actual owner of the dog, or that I am the duly authorized agent of the actual owner whose name I have entered above. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry, I (we) agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Great Minnesota Hunt Test Association Minnesota Master Hunt Test in effect at the time of this event and decision made in accord with them. I (we) agree that the club holding this event has the right to refuse this entry for cause, which the club shall deem sufficient. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry and of the holding of this event and of the opportunity to have the dog judged and to win prizes, ribbons, or trophies, I (we) agree to hold the event-giving club, their members, officers, agents, or event secretary and the owner and/or lessor of the premises and any provider of services that are necessary to hold this event and any employees or volunteers of the aforementioned parties, and any approved judge, judging at this event, harmless from any claim for loss or injury which may be alleged to have been caused directly or indirectly to any person or thing by the act of this dog while in or about the event premises or grounds or near any entrance thereto, and I (we) personally assume all responsibility and liability for any such claim; and I (we) further agree to hold the aforementioned parties harmless from any claim for loss, injury or damage to this dog. Additionally, I (we) hereby assume the sole responsibility for and agree to indemnify, defend and save the aforementioned parties harmless from any and all loss and expense (including legal fees) by reason of the liability imposed by law upon any of the aforementioned parties for damage because of bodily injuries, including death at any time resulting therefrom, sustained by any person or persons, including myself (ourselves), or on account of damage to property, arising out of or in consequence of my (our) participation in this event, however such, injuries, death or property damage may be caused, and whether or not the same may have been caused or may be alleged to have been caused by the negligence of the aforementioned parties or any of their employees, agents, or any other persons.

Signature of owner or his agent:

Phone Email

hhlabradors
07-01-2007, 06:44 AM
Please contact Gordie Schlichting at hohumsretrievers@aol.com if you have questions on this event.

To:
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:13 PM

Dear fellow Dear fellow retriever enthusiasts,

I want to get one more reminder out to everyone that entries for the 1st Minnesota Master Hunt Test are due July 15. Would you please forward along to everyone on your email list this announcement and urge them to participate in the event. Thanks.

If anyone has any questions about the event please have them drop me an email or phone call.

Gordie Schlichting
hohumsretrievers@aol.com
320-685-8997

Minnesota Master Hunt Test
Saturday, July 28 and Sunday, July 29, 2007
Martins Meadows of Central Minnesota Retriever Club
St. Cloud, MN

A championship style event to crown the top retriever in Minnesota!

This will be a non-licensed/sanctioned event that will combine elements of AKC, NAHRA and UKC hunt tests as well as field trials in a fun event to be judged by some of our most respected and well-known judges in the state.

Entries Close July 15!

There is no qualification requirement.

For more information contact Event Chair
Gordon J. Schlichting II
hohumsretrievers@aol.com
320-685-8997

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Golddogs
07-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Remember folks, this event is a first of it's kind so be in on the ground floor. You can only be at a of it's kind event once.

Entries via snall mail so don't wait till the last minute. Deadline is the 15th of July.