PDA

View Full Version : It's Official CRFTC

Franco
06-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Received the letter today from the AKC. The proposed name change from Ouachita Retriever Club to

Cajun Riviera Field Trial Club

has been APPROVED!

We have a trial listed on ee.net for Nov2-4 and I will communicate with Stacey at ee.net about getting the new name on the event.

The CRFTC will host an Open and an Amateur in the Fall and Spring. We are currently looking for a date to host a D/Q in the Winter.

Cajun Riviera will be hosting trials at both the spectacular new private trial grounds in Whiteville, La. known as the Lebeau Trial Grounds and the Bonne Carre Spillway in Norco, La.

Yours truely,

Frank DaRoza
Field Trial Secretary/Treasurer

Ken Guthrie
06-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Do memberships include new hat?

If so, where do I send my membership dues?

Franco
06-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Yes they do! However, I'm still waiting on the new logo from Ricky E. Black Lab framed by two palm trees with the club name. Ed and his co-judge get one each for coming up with the idea as well as judging our first Amateur. As soon as I get the logo I'll get the hats and visors done. Then, I'll send you a bill for dues along with the free hat. :wink: I'm ordering all cotton caps in New Shadow Grass directly from Mossy Oak. 8)

Ken Guthrie
06-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Yes they do! However, I'm still waiting on the new logo from Ricky E. Black Lab framed by two palm trees with the club name. Ed and his co-judge get one each for coming up with the idea as well as judging our first Amateur. As soon as I get the logo I'll get the hats and visors done. Then, I'll send you a bill for dues along with the free hat. :wink: I'm ordering all cotton caps in New Shadow Grass directly from Mossy Oak. 8)

Good deal..........

Is Ed really judging? Who is his co-judge?

Franco
06-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Good deal..........

Check out the judges on ee.net

Ya need to come on down and run!

EdA
06-22-2007, 05:01 PM
I hope that the judges for the inaugural event will receive long billed soft crown caps with a palm tree and Cajun Riviera Retriever Club on them

Ken Guthrie
06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Good deal..........

Check out the judges on ee.net

Ya need to come on down and run!

Oh, I see.........

I'll pass........maybe there is an SRS event that weekend.

:lol: :lol:

Franco
06-22-2007, 05:21 PM
I hope that the judges for the inaugural event will receive long billed soft crown caps with a palm tree and Cajun Riviera Retriever Club on them

I'll work on that!

Guthrie wrote

Oh, I see.........

I didn't picture you as a glutten for punishment. I think they'd be waiting for you with a noose :lol:

Ken Guthrie
06-22-2007, 05:29 PM

I'll work on that!

Guthrie wrote

Oh, I see.........

I didn't picture you as a glutten for punishment. I think they'd be waiting for you with a noose :lol:

:lol:

Jay Dufour
06-24-2007, 09:51 PM
post the joining info......

Franco
06-24-2007, 11:10 PM
post the joining info......

Just send me your email address to; fdr21@atvci.net (make sure the fdr are all lower case)

I send out an email blast when there is news to share with those interested. We haven't decided on dues yet but we do have at least 11 willing bodies that want to be involved with the club.

Jay, we would like to have you onboard!

K G
06-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Why does it show up on EE as Ouachita?

kg

Franco
06-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Why does it show up on EE as Ouachita?

kg

I haven't contacted Stacey at ee.net yet. I sent Connie with AKC's Performance Division an email informing her of the name change approval from the head of AKC Club Relations. I need to get the name changed over with her first for the November trial, then the email goes to Stacey.

A little background so I won't have to answer so many individual emails. The old Ouachita Club was licensed to Monroe, La. It was a two member club with no suitable grounds. They did in my opinion what was best for the game; they turned the club over to a willing and experienced group that wants to hold three trials(two Open/Ams, one D/Q) per year on wonderful grounds. In order to accomodate the name change, the AKC moved our city of license from Monroe, La. to Baton Rouge, La. since our greatest cluster of members reside near there.

K G
06-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Roger that. Good job, and good luck!

kg

Franco
06-25-2007, 09:05 AM
I'll add a special "Thank You" to Bill Speck for helping guide us through this process. Bill was approached by a Cajun Riviera member at the Chattanooga Spring Trial about us wanting to change the name. That was one month ago, so things can happen quickly through the AKC!

Franco
06-25-2007, 09:42 AM
I just received the below minutes ago. However, we will have the new name and logo merchandize for this trial.

Good morning,

The November field trial was approved under the club name Ouachita Retriever Club, and our computer system will not allow the event to be listed under the new club name Cajun Riviera Field Trial Club.

All future events will be listed under the new club name.

If you have any questions, please give me a call.

Connie L. Thomas

Senior Performance Event Operation Representative

K G
06-25-2007, 10:08 AM
That's what I thought would happen since the trial can already be entered on EE.

It'll be good to start fresh with a new yearfor the "new" club, anyway....

kg