PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual Virginia Retriever Benefit Trial & Picnic

Vicky Trainor
06-30-2007, 01:51 AM
FOURTH ANNUAL VIRGINIA RETRIEVER BENEFIT
TRIAL AND PICNIC

June 29, 2007

To Retriever Club Secretaries:

We are making progress to gain Grounds for Retriever Events in the State of Virginia. The Powhatan Training Area has been included in the Phase I Master Plan submitted to the Virginia General Assembly. We have also obtained the use of Epps Island for Tests/Trials. In addition Sites in Nelson County and Charlotte County are being negotiated. Please share this information with your Club and any and all Retriever Enthusiasts we are making a Difference. Please come out, for our Fourth Annual Virginia Retriever Benefit and Bring a Friend!

On Sunday, August 5th, 2007, we will be holding a “Benefit Trial/Test” in Remington, Virginia at Shady Grove Kennels Hunting Preserve and Sporting Clays (11986 Lucky Hill Road). The trial will accommodate all levels of retrievers. Ribbons will be awarded and the entry fee will be $25.00 per entry. Stakes will be from puppies–to Amateur/Owner Handler, from singles to quads. Judges will be professional trainers, and the Open Gun Dog Stake will be Judges from the HRC Program. The test/trial will begin at 8:00 a.m. at Shady Grove and a picnic will follow at 1:30 p.m. A delicious Lunch will be provided and a side dish would be welcomed. After lunch we will have a raffle. Please bring any item(s) you would like to donate for auction or raffle.

As Secretary of your club, we would like for you to inform your membership of this event. To prepare for the picnic, we need an idea of how many people will attend. Please RSVP via email to barrowsluvlabs@msn.com or call (804) 512-9254, David Barrow.

Thank You,

David Barrow

One of our goals is to exceed last year’s attendance.
Please come out to show support for this worthy and needed cause

WE NEED A LARGE TURN OUT OF SUPPORTERS TO SHOW THE STATE THE ENTHUSIASM WE SHARE FOR THESE PROJECTS!

Jeffrey Bandel
07-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi Vicki,

Will there be flyers?

David Barrow
07-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Jeff,

Vicky posted the event for me (Thank You Vicky), and do to Time constraints, we do not shoot Flyers. Last year there were 90+ dogs from little Puppies to GMHRCH/FC-AFC's and it was a great time had by all. Hope to see you there.
David Barrow

Virginia Retriever Benefit Stakes
These are general Rules for the stakes, however the number of dogs in each stake may dictate the setups by judges. Please ONLY enter ONE STAKE PER DOG.

Puppy Stakes

Preemie- 0 to 4 months old
Junior - 4 months 1 day to 8 months old
Senior- 8 months 1 day to 12 months old

Novice Stake

Eligible Dogs- Have Not Placed or Jammed in or above a Licensed or Sanctioned AKC Derby, Qualified in Hunt Test Levels: UKC Senior, NAHRA Intermediate, or AKC Senior. This Stake is designed for dogs capable of doing Single Retrieves Only.

Gundog Stake

Eligible Dogs- Have Not Placed, Jammed or Qualified in a Licensed or Sanctioned AKC-Qualifying, UKC-Finished, NAHRA-Senior, or AKC-Master, or above these levels. This Stake is designed for dogs capable of doing Double Retrieves and simple Blind Retrieves.

OPEN GUNDOG STAKE

Eligible Dogs- Have Not Qualified ALL-AGE. This Stake is designed for dogs capable of doing Triples and Somewhat Complicated Blinds.

AMATEUR/OWNER HANDLER STAKE

Handlers must Own the Dog and be an Amateur. This Stake is designed for dogs capable of doing Triples, Quads. and Complex Blinds.

Jeffrey Bandel
07-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks Dave,

I plan on supporting this. Reason I asked about flyers is my supplier shut down and I need flyers. Know anyone coming that could hook me up?

David Barrow
07-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Jeff,

Sent you a PM.
David Barrow

David Barrow
07-16-2007, 06:41 PM
We are getting many Raffle items, some of the Raffle/Auction Items include a Pheasant Hunt for Two People, Canvass Back hunt for Two People and a Trophy Buck/Turkey Hunt. As ussual it's all coming together and Taking on the Form of a Great Day for Dogs and People alike. Don't forget to give us a dog and head count as soon as you can.

Thank you to all supporting a chance for our Sport to Gain Permanant Grounds in Virginia!

David Barrow

msdaisey
07-18-2007, 05:13 PM
David -

I am planning on being there again. I will gladly bring some raffle items.

I have a Warren Kimble Lab print, and can always throw in a few bags of Eukanuba!

Looking forward to it,

Sondra

David Barrow
07-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Sondra,

Thank you so much, looks like we are on the way to having another Fun Day.

See you on the 5th,

David

Sabireley
08-02-2007, 09:04 PM
TTT

See you on Sunday!

Steve

Sabireley
08-06-2007, 06:33 AM
The VRB picinic was a fun time and raised money for a great cause. Thanks to all of the volunteers who helped pull it off, and a special thanks to David Barrow for putting the organization together and keeping it alive!

Steve Bireley

David Barrow
08-06-2007, 04:48 PM
:D I would like to Thank Each and Everyone that supported this years benefit. About 85 people and 80 dogs participated in this paws for the cause event. We held our event at Shady Grove Kennels Sporting Clays and Shooting Preserve in Remington Virginia. The weather was in our favor, it stayed overcast and the Judges took advantage of the Shaded/higher elevated areas for wind and incorporated water into most of the tests. The judges also set up challanging tests and all Stakes were finished by 12:30 in time for Hot Dogs, Hamburgers were among other delicious and refreshing items and Beverages, brought by participants.

Our sponsors were:

Breeze Hill Retrievers
Bill and Nancy Thomas
Born to Run Retrievers
Green Springs Kennels
Barrow Construction Inc.
Heron Hawk Kennels
Delta Waterfowl Association
River Road Kennels
Elam Animal Hospital
Shady Grove Kennels
George and Pat Fiebelkorn
Jeff Bandel
Clubs:
Blue ridge Retriever Club
Potomac Valley Golden Retriever Club
Old Dominion Retriever Club
Tidewater Retriever Club
Rappahannock River Retriever Club
Maryland retriever Club
James River Hunting Retriever Club

Finishers and Placements:Puppy Stakes:
Judges by: Mike and Ann Griffith

Premie – 1st Laddie Lindsay Ridgeway

Junior – 1st Breeze Marc Illman
2nd Keo Sally Flavins

Senior – 1st Shy Dan
2nd Seger Matt Hinchee

Novice Stake:
Judged by: Jackie Gwalthney and Kristen Hoffman

1st Jack Mike Barrow
2nd Misty Ralph Gochenove
3rd Slammer Nancy Thomas
4th Pickins Marc Illman
Reserve Jam Cutter Ann Strathern
Jam Blue Mike Wingfield
Jam Whiskey Ann Strathern
Jam Lewis Paige Jones
Jam Lumi Lindsay Ridgeway
Jam Pomme Paige Jones
Jam Fearless Doug Wood
Jam Rebel Kieth Migette
Jam Sidney Carol Niesen

Gun Dog Stake:
Judged by: Jackie Gwalthney and Kristen Hoffman

1st Monk Henry Miller
2nd VooDoo Brett Dillard
3rd Chester Jim Bryson
4th Ella Steve Bireley
Reserve Jam Gypsy John Cowelbeck
Jam Reva Stuart Jones
Jam Moose Bruce Cambell
Jam Truffle Janet Mason
Jam Bertie Kathryn Cowelbeck

Open Gun Dog Stake:
Judged by: Lori Lewis and Ray Casella

1st Abby Doug Wood
2nd Maddie Kathryn Cowlbeck
3rd Jessie John Lewis
4th Cricket Chris Johnson
Jam Trigger Denny Seabright
Jam Chessie Bill Lamar
Jam Coqui Ann Strathern
Jam Jazz Kevin Hanson

Owner Handler Amature Stake:
Judged by: David Jensen and Matt Hinchee

1st Talla David Opseth
2nd Kate Nancy Thomas
3rd Maveric Ann Strathern
4th Amanda George Fiebelkcorn
Reserve Jam Emmy Linda Downey
Jam Chester David Barrow
Jam Honey Mike Griffith
Jam Val Jack Gwaltmey
Jam Hannah Jim Coulder
Jam Jackson Jerry Wilks
Jam Ajax Jack Gwaltney
Jam Rudder Dan Bordes

This wonderful day was highlighted by the Raffles, Hunts, and news of our first proposed lease of training grounds in Virginia.
Thank you to All who helped make this year the Success It Was!

David Barrow
[/b]