PDA

View Full Version : Dog food

duckhunter1
07-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Opinion: Exceed vrs. Pro Plan food for summertime feedings.

Reddfin
08-17-2007, 02:39 AM
I have heard over and over they are the same. The ingredient list is almost identical if I recall. I have been feeding Exceed Chicken and Rice (30/20) for over 5 years. My dogs coats are shiny. They are healthy and seem to have plenty of energy. One of my labs is slightly underweight but he has been no matter what he is fed :? My sis feeds the Lamb and Rice (26/20) to her ankle biters and they do well on it too.
My two cents. Your mileage may vary.

Tony

Hidden Valley
08-17-2007, 11:15 PM
love it.
Tried several "just as good as proplan" foods and i didn't like. Have 1 dog that doesn't really care for it, but will eat it.

duckhunter1
08-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for your opinion and comments.

Kelly
08-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Have had great luck with Exceed Performance. 12 dogs will let you know very quickly what works, and what doesn't. Been on it 2 years, and don't plan on swiching any time soon. Thumbs up here.

tomhunter
08-24-2007, 08:49 AM
BLACK GOLD> dogs love it & seems to have made a difference in stamina

hhlabradors
08-25-2007, 09:04 AM
BLACK GOLD> dogs love it & seems to have made a difference in stamina

I do not normally participate in dog food threads, BUT...

I have a dog with a pro that has always looked like a whippet, including the quality of her coat. I fed her as much as I could without causing loose stools and was never able to put any weight on her. No problems with her stamina... LOL

The pro feeds Black Gold (in the blue bag) I hadn't seen the dog in about a month, giving her time to settle in with the pro. She has mischievious eyes, and it was only through eye contact that I was able to be sure this was my dog. SHE LOOKS FABULOUS!!! She's put on probably 5 pounds of solid muscle, her coat looks fantastic. I just can't say enough about how pleased I am with the total change in her appearance in such a short time. Unbelievable.

I made the switch....