2) Firemarks Million Dollar Baby--Castelli
3) Not sure which dog--Simpson
4) Chatanika's High Water Haylee--Wilkerson

Qual:

1) Pintail's V Star Mistress--Woodward
2) Kodiak's Miss Haley--Anderson
3) Princess Darla of Nottingham SH--Oyster
4) Firemarks Million Dollar Baby--Castelli

And I believe Lynn Cole won the Open and Howard got 2nd.

Congratulations everyone!

I cannot help but mention that this is Mike Castelli & Haley's final Derby and they end their Derby career with 29 points, making Haley #2 Derby Golden in the country this year (to date) and #6 female Derby Golden in breed history. She is in good company with some fine animals of the past! Her Q placement is just icing on the cake. Nice job, Mike. :D

John Gassner
08-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Congratulations to Lynn, Howard and Mike! I heard Lynn went from a DNF to a blue!

Howard thanks for taking care of Mike and Haley. Very stand up thing to do.

Mike I know after you get QAA you will never run another trial. I hope you had fun with your little dog doing something you told Melanie she would never do (run any FTs)!

From what I hear the trials in Alaska are great to run. Super people and beautiful grounds!

John

Howard N
08-06-2007, 12:32 AM
The open results were:

1st Lynn Cole-Kimball with Cinder
2nd Mark Mosher with Pike
3rd Eloy Garcia with Molly
4th Howard Niemi with Bam
RJ Roy McFall with Jag

The amateur results were:

1st Nancy Sydnam with Vita
2nd Jack Vollstedt with Angel
3rd Ryan Davila with Big Ol' Rex
4th Boyd Skille with Casey

stevelow
08-06-2007, 05:44 AM
Congratulations to all, and especially to my good friend Nancy Sydnam for her Amateur win with Vita, and Mike Castelli with Haley's placements in both Qual and Derby!

Patrick Johndrow
08-06-2007, 07:45 AM
I heard Lynn went from a DNF to a blue!

John

How do you do that?

Frenchy
08-06-2007, 12:33 PM
I heard Lynn went from a DNF to a blue!

John

How do you do that?

Second hand info, but.......I think it was a mistake with the callbacks. She wasn't originally called back, and once the mistake was discovered she quickly grabbed her dog and went to the line.....and SMACKED it!

John Gassner
08-06-2007, 04:47 PM
That's pretty much what I heard too. The dog did everything she asked it to do. Good thing she stuck around. What a great story.

John

Patrick Johndrow
08-06-2007, 08:12 PM
That's pretty much what I heard too. The dog did everything she asked it to do. Good thing she stuck around. What a great story.

John

So where the judges like "where is the dog that is winning this trial?" or who caught the error?...this has to be a first.

Aaron Homburg
08-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Congratz Howard and Mary on another great weekend!

Aaron

Tim West
08-11-2007, 11:19 PM
It's not a first.

I had a dog dropped after the water blind and since it was a very large trial and her first series was ordinary, I thought I got dropped due to the big numbers (a 90 dog Am), even though she had smoked the water blind.

Turns out one of my good friends was judging and he called me the next day, profusely appologetic. Yes, I should have been back he told me, and that I was dropped due to their hurry to get the last series in. I was also very clean I was told.

Unfortunately, my wife was with me and it was Gracies first Am in which she did very well. When she got dropped my wife was in tears all the way home. Then she hears the next day that she should have been back, and was in tears again!

She's now an AFC so all turned out well, but now I check if I get dropped after a good performance and make sure!

Another time the judges papers stuck together and I didn't get called back after pinning all three birds of the first series. I for sure asked that time!

So yes, it happens, more often than you might think....