PDA

View Full Version : Wag AG bird release

stick5
08-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I have a Wag Ag bird release and need to know where to get the ruber bands. I tried the ones designed for the braces for you teeth but they dont seem to work? Any sugestions would be great.

jeff t.
08-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I have a Wag Ag bird release and need to know where to get the ruber bands. I tried the ones designed for the braces for you teeth but they dont seem to work? Any sugestions would be great.

I recall that I used bands from an orthodontist. They come in several sizes, so you may need to experiment. Do you have any of the old bands that to compare?

Jeff

stick5
08-22-2007, 07:35 AM
I do not have any of the original bands. The orthodontist bands may be fine and I may have another problem. The light for the reciever comes on and the light for the transmiter blinks when I push the button. The light on the reciever dims when I push the reciever but it does not release.

jeff t.
08-22-2007, 07:57 AM
I do not have any of the original bands. The orthodontist bands may be fine and I may have another problem. The light for the reciever comes on and the light for the transmiter blinks when I push the button. The light on the reciever dims when I push the reciever but it does not release.

I assume you have fresh batteries on the receiver.

Have you checked to see if the heating element that burns the rubber bands is getting hot when you push the button?

stick5
08-22-2007, 10:40 AM
You just said something that helped me figure it out. The new bands are thinner and I bet they are not high enough or between the burning elements???? I will make sure they are getting hot and then shim the band up if needed.

stick5
08-22-2007, 10:41 AM
You just said something that helped me figure it out. The new bands are thinner and I bet they are not high enough or between the burning elements???? I will make sure they are getting hot and then shim the band up if needed.

FOM
08-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Okay dumb question. What is a Wag AG bird release???

FOM

jeff t.
08-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Okay dumb question. What is a Wag AG bird release???

FOM

It is one of the early generation box-type bird launchers.

I didn't realize anyone still used them I tossed mine when cleaning the basement last spring.

stick5
08-23-2007, 08:13 PM
It does not get hot when I push the button. The light dims slightly but that is it. I even put new batteries in to double check. Time to start tearing it appart. I assume getting parts is going to be tough.

gmhr1
08-26-2007, 12:22 PM
we have a wag ag and get the rubber bands from dogs unlimited 800-338-3647

jeff t.
08-26-2007, 12:49 PM
we have a wag ag and get the rubber bands from dogs unlimited 800-338-3647

That would be a good place to start looking for replacement parts IMO.

I'm not sure, but I believe I purchased wag ag launchers from Dogs Unlimited...probably around 1995.

gmhr1
08-26-2007, 02:25 PM
we bought ours in 1988 still works great we only use it to work on quarter to flush if we run a nahra test.