PDA

View Full Version : Klamath Falls Trial

bennetts
08-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Any progress/ results/call backs?

How big a trial is it?

See it only got to 86 degreees today so it was not as hot as some times.

Tammy Z
08-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Limited 77 dogs entered - scratches not available-

1st & 2nd Series Combined:

Triple - Center flyer, right retired check down bird, left long retired gun. Triple was thrown. Dog picked up the flyer. Then ran a blind off the right retired gun on the outside of the bird. Then picked up the remaining two marks. This series did not complete today. There are 16 dogs to run in the morning and takes around 10 minutes per dog.

Amateur 55 dogs entered - scratches not available

1st Series Triple Short right retired bird (118 yds) thrown first, long left retired gun (320 yrd) thrown 2nd, center flyer (220 yrds) thrown last. Lots of cover and a dense tule background on the long retired gun.

30 were called back for the 2nd series - Starts at 8:30am Saturday morning.

Qual - 22 dogs entered - scratches not available

7 dogs called back to the 4th Series (Will run on Saturday morning)

Heres' the 7 dogs by call name and handler

Pete/Mark Madore
Ruby/Don Graves
Banner/Alice Woodyard
Milo/Alice Woodyard
Bell/John Henninger
Treka/Randi Johannis
Blitz/Jerry Patopea

Derby has 30 dogs entered and will start at the conclusion of the Qualifying.

That's all for now! Until tomorrow! :D :D :D :D

Tammy

Klamath Hunting Gold
08-25-2007, 01:07 PM
The Qual got a late start as all the pro's were tied up at the Open.

The water series is a double. Long bird across a long pond thrown left to right. Long bird retires. The short bird is a flier not far off line thrown left to right and into the pond.

My girl ran it as the test dog and completed it. A pocket in the vegetation invites the dog to suck in towards the retired guns. Amber got sucked and put on a little hunt before finding the bird.

I have no further info. I now have dates to go hiking with my daughters that cannot be broken.

See ya.

PS
Tammy.... saw ya drive by as I was loading up my girl. Didnt realize it was you until I was down the road. I would have liked to chat.
Randy

Tammy Z
08-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Randy-

We realized it was you too as we just drove right past you. We will be around today at the Open as we are almost the last dog to run the water blind. I'm sitting at the Derby now. Hopefully, we'll catch up.!! But if not, have fun on your hiking adventure and we'll see you soon.!!!

Qualifying Results

1st Field Marshal's Attach O-John Dodge (H) J Patopea :D :D :D :D :D
2nd Moonstone's Smilin' Milo O/H Alice Woodyard :D :D :D
3rd Henninger's Tru Line O-TJ Lindbloom (H) John Henninger :D :D
4th Treka O/H Randi Johannis :D
RJ Ruby/Don Graves
Jams Pete/Mark Madore, Banner/Alice Woodyard

LIMITED Finished the 1/2 Series 38 Called back to water blind.

Amateur - Land blind is almost finished. I'lk try and update you shortly.

It's pretty warm here today but we have a little better breeze!!

More later . . . .

Tammy

Tammy Z
08-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Open Results

1st Quasi/Patti Kiernan
2nd Abby/John Henninger
3rd Magic/Bill Sargenti
4th Cutter/Rob Reuter
RJ Zeus/Peter Goodale

Jams
Rain/Mark Madore,Fargo/Jerry Patopea,Mia/John Henninger,Chip/Mark Madore,Telli/Mary Ahlgren,Butch/Bill Sargenti,Mojo/Mark Madore,Moda/Charles Tyson,Pirate/Gary Zellner

Derby (Partial Results)

1st Gator/Patti Kiernan
2nd Lotto/Gary Ahlgren
3rd ??John Henninger (not sure which dog)
4th Kimber/Jerry Patopea
RJ Ricky/Becky Sisco

I know there were jams given but not sure of all of them!

I can't find anyone with the Amateur Results so hopefully they will come up soon!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Tammy

Klamath Hunting Gold
08-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks for posting Tammy!

The trial is only ten minutes away and I only saw bits of it all weekend. In fact all I really saw was the Qual and that was from the gunners station on Friday and as test dog on Saturday. Wow some nice dogs were running.

See ya and thanks again from all of us that like to see the results posted.

Randy

Sue Kiefer
08-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Kathy,
Was it a little yellow dog named "Copper"?that John H. was running in the Derby??
I need to know. I raised him, he's got a 1st, and 2nd in 3 trials.
Sue

Gun_Dog2002
08-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey Randy you gonna run Willamette?

/Paul

taggbro
08-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Way to go Patti!!!!!!

Derby and Open 1st's!!!!!

Klamath Hunting Gold
08-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Paul,
No I will not be running the Willamette trial. THis poor boy is running low on cash and I have other obligations to throw money at.
Amber will get one more trial before the season is out and that one will be the National Golden Specialty in Seattle. I wont even get to run her (again other obligations). Lee Herskowitz has kindly accepted the task of keeping that little girl in line for her first Qual.
Hope all is well with you.
Randy

Gun_Dog2002
08-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Paul,
No I will not be running the Willamette trial. THis poor boy is running low on cash and I have other obligations to throw money at.
Amber will get one more trial before the season is out and that one will be the National Golden Specialty in Seattle. I wont even get to run her (again other obligations). Lee Herskowitz has kindly accepted the task of keeping that little girl in line for her first Qual.
Hope all is well with you.
Randy

Oh too bad man. I was looking forward to her kicking Pete's ass again...I understand though. Things are good, running this as the last for the year. My HT dogs did well and I won 2 10 singles this year so I can't complain...

/Paul