08-26-2007, 09:34 PM
1. Bronco
2. Lilly
3. Gabby :)
Rob 1,2,3
Team Gunzer

dr_dog_guy
08-26-2007, 09:40 PM
I watched those dogs train all week. I can't believe it - Congratulations Rob and Nancy and everyone else!

Ted Shih
08-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Fourth Place went to Lanse Brown and Rosa

No JAMS

Twelve Dogs to the last series, only four picked up the birds without handling.

john fallon
08-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Fourth Place went to Lanse Brown and Rosa

No JAMS

Twelve Dogs to the last series, only four picked up the birds without handling.

Can someone discribe the test and hazzard a guess as to why .666 % of the best dogs there that day failed it.
john

stevelow
08-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Congratulations, Rob on the first three places in the Derby, also to Nancy and Mike.

mpage
08-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Good to hear from you Steve see you soon. mike

K92line
09-02-2007, 07:21 AM
I was there and can hazard a guess. Long bird thrown at the end of the pond. Between bird and line, several islands, one to go over, the rest not directlyon line Aprroximate distance-maybe 250yds.--Go bird thrown from land to another Island qutie a bit off line.

Various failures, but at least four dogs started for the go bird, as they got near the Island where the go bird was thrown they saw the long gun, swam by the Island and headed for the long bird (appeared they were unwilling to land), when they were then sent for go bird, they thought they had already been there and it appeared they were uncomfortable about landing so headed for long bird again.

Several dogs retrieved go bird nicely and then avoided the long swim by what a friend calls "dog magic", maybe it really is not that far --they went to a closer island and got hung up.

A couple of dogs went straight to go bird and then straight to memory bird.

It was interesting to note that I have often heard judges say "I hate watching dogs swim". The inference is that long swims tell you relatively little. I disagree and this test was evidence that long swims do show something. This in my humble view was a courage swim, plain and simple. The guns were out on both birds, but it was a big swim with lots of decisions to make along the way.

I thought this a very fair yet challenging series. NOT because my dog did it, but because I personally thought it was fair, yet challenging.

Nancy

Bente
09-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Congratulations to Lily and Nancy! :D

mpage
09-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Congratulations to Lilly and Nancy! I lost count on points. Lilly is on her way!!!!!!!
Man- i'll be glad when that dog ages out:)

Vicki Worthington
09-05-2007, 12:49 PM
"Genie" (Candlewoods Labracadabra) would like to congratulate her son, ARTIC, on his QUALIFYING WIN! We are very proud of you--keep up the good work!

Vicki