PDA

View Full Version : Midway HRC

Toxey
09-19-2007, 08:34 AM
just a reminder that we will be holding our fall hunt test on Sept. 29 and 30, just in time for a stop on the way home from the Grand for all yall southerners passing through mid Missouri. It will be held at Moser's Pheasant Farm, which is about 8 to 10 miles north of I-70 at the Booneville exit. We will be having a whole hog dinner and another huge raffle. Premiums can be found at http://www.huntingretrieverclub.org/PREMIUMS/Midway%202007%209-29%20&%209-30.pdf

Toxey
09-21-2007, 10:36 AM
forgot to add that there will be two flights of finished, our raffle will include a bumper boy two shooter and a remington 870 shotgun! gonna be a great time for all that attend

TG Lewis
09-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Beer dog to the line

Toxey
10-01-2007, 10:22 AM
wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who showed up at the hunt!!! seems like a great time was had by all. we had wonderful judges, handlers and helpers the whole weekend, with some great test also. other than the high winds, the weather holded off just long enough on sunday for us to get the tests and pick up completed. congratulations to everyone who passed and won something at the raffle! im still dragging butt this morning, must have something to do with my old age :) btw, anyone know that loud mouth that was running the bumper throw saturday night? he seemed like a nice handsome fella :D

mjh345
10-01-2007, 11:46 AM
wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who showed up at the hunt!!! seems like a great time was had by all. we had wonderful judges, handlers and helpers the whole weekend, with some great test also. other than the high winds, the weather holded off just long enough on sunday for us to get the tests and pick up completed. congratulations to everyone who passed and won something at the raffle! im still dragging butt this morning, must have something to do with my old age :) btw, anyone know that loud mouth that was running the bumper throw saturday night? he seemed like a nice handsome fella :D

Toxey; you all have a real nice club and membership @ Midway. Nice test and a good time.
I'll agree with you about the fella running the bumper throw being a loud mouth; but to call him a nice handsome fella is a real stretch.

Chris Atkinson
10-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Toxey,

Are you the "pinch thrower" who wound up winning the tie-breaker for someone who was absent? I will say that your bumper throw was darn nice.

Whoever came up with that tie-breaker idea was a dummy! :cool:

(actually, I think that's the most exciting way to do it....draw for running number and rotate sudden death until the first score)

I had a great time seeing old friends, meeting some new ones, and always learn something from my co-judges. Jason Z is one of the finest guys on the planet. Rod Rombauer is an HRC judging icon from whom a judge can learn a thing or two....

Chris

TG Lewis
10-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Toxey,
Once again Midway put on a great HT. Grounds were fantastic, great judges, food and a overall good weekend.

Chris, Nice to meet you and appreciated all your observations and time.

Toxey,
See you all in the Spring if you have one and definately next fall

Toxey
10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
yup, chris that be me :D i meant to take the time and introduce myself, but never got around to it. are you thinking of the same Jason Z who is a member of our club? you have got to be mistaken. anyway, thank you a bunch for coming out and judging for us, we appreciate it big time!

btw, sorry for being such a clutch bumper thrower ;)

Geoff, it was nice seeing ya again, great job this weekend and thanks for the compliments, we couldn't have done it without all of the "extra" non-club members that still helped out with everything, it was very appreciated. we wont be holding a test this spring, but im sure i'll run in to ya at some hunt this spring