PDA

View Full Version : Snake River Idaho

Tammy Z
09-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Any news yet????

Tammy Z
09-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Open- called back 25 dogs to the 2nd series. Ran land and water blind today. 4th series tomorrow - 11 dogs back.

Amateur - finished land blind today. 19 back to water blind.

Weather report - snowing and cold!!!!:eek:

That's all we could find out, no call back numbers to report.:sad:

Tammy

Kyle Garris
09-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Updates????? Thanks!

John Schmidt
09-30-2007, 05:55 PM
I heard some very sad news from a friend who was there. Alan Catey had a fatal heart attack after running the Amateur water blind this morning. Unfortunately, by the time help had arrived, he had passed away. It is a very, very sad day. My heart goes out to family and friends who knew Al. The judges made the decision to cancel the Amateur.

John Schmidt

dogcommand
09-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Oh my, how very tragic. My thoughts go to his family and friends.

gmhr1
09-30-2007, 06:05 PM
What horrible news our prayers go out to his family

Kristie Wilder
09-30-2007, 06:18 PM
How horrible. Prayers and condolences to his family, friends and the folks who were there with him... :(

-Kristie

Glenda Brown
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
The sport has lost a wonderful friend with the death of Al. I do not know of anyone who ever spoke of him in less than complimentary terms.

The word spread quickly in the field trial world, and everyone was sadden by his loss.

Al was a dear friend to many of us. I spent some great times spring training with him in the desert, and will remember him for his many kindnesses and for his gentle nature.

Glenda

Becky Mills
10-01-2007, 08:03 AM
How absolutely awful. My prayers go to his family and friends.
Take Care,
Becky

Annette
10-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Al will be greatly missed. I just visited with him at last weeks tirial - Western Montana Club. He was always so friendly and helpful. Condolences to his family. God speed.

Bryankmt
10-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Wow. I am shocked and sad. Al and I walked our dogs together at the grounds just last week. I trained with Al off and on for the past six years. Al was an exceptional person to talk to and spend time with. As business owners, we found ourselves at the WMRC grounds around the same time in the late evening. We shared common interests in dogs, Volvo wagons and complaining about the government. Iíll miss his personality, our conversations and the training. The only positive I can come to is that Al went doing what he loved to do. God's speed, Al. Bryan

Hidden Valley
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
anyone know the open/am results? not on ee yet.

Howard N
10-03-2007, 09:49 PM
No amateur, they'll get it up when they get it up. I don't think I'd be pushing them at the moment.

North Mountain
10-03-2007, 09:55 PM
The Amatuer was canceled. It was too emotional for everyone to go on after losing Al. I know Billy Sargenti placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the Open. Take'm was the winner and I believe qualified for the National and finished her FC. Congrats to Billy, Judy and Cindy.

Laura

Russ
10-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Congratulations to Judy & Billy. Does anyone know the other dogs Billy placed?

Hidden Valley
10-03-2007, 10:38 PM
No amateur, they'll get it up when they get it up. I don't think I'd be pushing them at the moment.
Asked a simple question. Didn't realize that was pushing anyone.

suprdogs
10-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Alan Catey was a much loved and respected member of our FT community as well as a friend for many years.
I am sure this was a very difficult weekend. I think posting the results of a trial on a public website is the last thing anyone involved is thinking about.
If you had a dog there I am sure there is someone you could ask for the results. If you did not have a dog there, please have some sympathy for the club members and respect for Alan Catey.

K92line
10-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Open Results

1st-Take'em Sargenti (Judy Pond owner)
2nd Magic-Sargenti (Joe Augustyn)
3rd-Tar-Sargenti
4th Prime-KEnny Trott
RJ Chad-Bill Totten

Derby

1st-Knollwood Sweet Lily O/H Nancy White
2nd Jenny-handler Mark Henry
3rd-Rip-O/H Mark Henry
4th Not sure

RJ-Kizzy-handler Kenny Trott

Hope this helps

John Norris
10-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Asked a simple question. Didn't realize that was pushing anyone.

You should of read this whole thread, that would explain it for you.