PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga FT grounds info for this weekend

K G
10-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Met with our new Refuge grounds manager today. He's a good guy and wants to help us out but he's never seen a retriever trial before and can't imagine all the traffic that could be on the grounds this weekend...

So...I would implore everyone to keep off of any cut dirt, planted crops (winter wheat mostly), and stay out of what corn managed to grow through the drought this summer. Stay on the roads (gravel or dirt) and you might have to drive a few extra yards to be able to turn around in order to avoid turning around in a field or at the edge of a field. All of this information is in our trial catalog, but it is particularly important this time.

While I don't expect this to come up, I want to remind everyone that any actions that would prevent a club from retaining its grounds could be prosecutable as conduct prejudicial to the sport/misconduct. This goes for any grounds of any event, performance or otherwise.

We have been holding trials on the Hiwassee Refuge for almost 30 years. Let's make sure we can continue to hold them there for another 30!;-)

Keith Griffith
Event Secretary
Chattanooga Retriever Club

Dave Kress
10-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Wishing all the best of luck at Chattanoga this weekend! Wish we could have been there!

Please all - pay attention to having very good manners this weekend as Keith implores.
dave Kress

jeff t.
10-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Those grounds are spectacular IMO and I would be there this weekend if my club didn't have a trial this weekend.

Here's hoping no one screws things up. Too often it seems that people are oblivious of the need to stay on the road, stay out of the crops, and minimize their footprint.

I suggest making sure the marshals lay down the law as vehicles arrive and perhaps post signs at the entrance regarding where vehicles should/should not drive. Those with trucks pulling trailers need to be especially aware. I recall in the Spring that people were pretty casual about where they drove in the fields to "air" their dogs, so you may want to address that up front as well.

Here's hoping you have a great trial.

Jeff

Stylesl
10-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Keith,

We can't lose these grounds. Tape off areas if needed!

Lisa

K G
10-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Keith,

We can't lose these grounds. Tape off areas if needed!

Lisa

If people just use common sense and don't drive where there isn't a road or a path, we'll be in good shape.

I'm going to have a sign or two made up tomorrow to put up at both entrances to the grounds to make sure folks pay attention. Please feel free to use your "radar" to keep an eye on where folks park and drive.

Thanks, Lisa....and thanks Chris A. for putting this up as a sticky this weekend!;-)

kg

K G
10-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks to everyone who helped make this weekend's event a success. We had no major grounds faux pas or damage.

See you again in the spring!

kg