PDA

View Full Version : Master National

Sabireley
10-09-2007, 01:37 PM
It is 95 degrees today in Remington! It is a tough day to be testing dogs. Has anybody heard anything from any of the handlers?

Steve

Gun_Dog2002
10-09-2007, 01:39 PM
It is 95 degrees today in Remington! It is a tough day to be testing dogs. Has anybody heard anything from any of the handlers?

Steve

Steve, they don't start running dogs until the 14th.

/Paul

Sabireley
10-09-2007, 01:54 PM
OK
I guess they are just setting up today, then. Good thing, it is hot.

Thanks!

Steve

Sabireley
10-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Duh, that's right. I guess they are just setting up today, then. Good thing because it is hot.

Thanks!

Steve

lablover
10-09-2007, 06:36 PM
A cold front is said to be heading this way.

lablover
10-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Temps are expected to be in the low 70's Sunday.

Gun_Dog2002
10-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Well the good news is, everyone's still in....

/Paul

Dan Wegner
10-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Is there some kind of rule of thumb regarding handling on marks at the Master National? I've heard that a handle in the 1st series is almost sure to get you dropped. Do they relax that in later series as the numbers begin to thin out?

SueLab
10-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Geeesh...I thought that there might be some type of rule/ethics on not revealing what the tests are before they are unveiled...?

ErinsEdge
10-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Geeesh...I thought that there might be some type of rule/ethics on not revealing what the tests are before they are unveiled...?I would agree.

Gun_Dog2002
10-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Are you kidding. That is awesome. I'm gonna run right out and start training on it now....

/Paul

K G
10-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Is there some kind of rule of thumb regarding handling on marks at the Master National? I've heard that a handle in the 1st series is almost sure to get you dropped. Do they relax that in later series as the numbers begin to thin out?

Depends. I've seen dogs that handled in all five series get a ribbon and plate at the end.

Geeesh...I thought that there might be some type of rule/ethics on not revealing what the tests are before they are unveiled...?

If you dog is not ready for the Master National, knowing what the test(s) is/are won't help. That said, they'll set up about 20 different tests this week. Odds are they won't even use the tests that were described. Besides, reading about the setup and attempting to replicate it is a WHOLE lot different than seeing it, then leaving the grounds to go set it up and train on it.

kg

SueLab
10-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Yes, KG, you are probably right.

I wonder if it would have helped some of the National Open folks to be training on short tests like those that were at the last event? If they had only known...

Chris Atkinson
10-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Richard didn't mean any harm. He and I just spoke on the phone.

He was describing a page out of a catalog of possible test setups that the dogs may or may not see.

He was trying to help whet the appetite of some of those of us who will not be able to attend, with the thought that the MN may not receive the "coverage" series-to-serires that a National Open or National Amateur gets.

Here's a lesson to us: Let's discuss the specifics of an event AFTER the judges have unveiled it.

We all make mistakes. No harm, no foul. There's no telling whether the setups Richard described will be used in the event anyhow....that's why they call it "setup week"....

Here's to a great Master National with good sportsmanship, lots of fun, and nobody (human, canine or otherwise) getting hurt! ;-)

lablover
10-11-2007, 10:59 AM
I have deleted my post on the MN setups I saw.

It was never my intention to provide inside information to handlers at the MN, but to provide to those that are not there, some description of 3 tests that I saw being setup.
The is no guarentee that the tests will even be used, as there are always alternates for all tests, as most of us know.

My sincere apologies to the Master National board, the judges, and anyone else upset by my post. That was not my intention.