PDA

View Full Version : Launchers

Todd Upright
10-23-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm Thinking About Buying A Launcher Or 2 Or 3 For Marking Drills Since I Don't Have Anyone That I Can Count On Everyday I May Need Them. So Since This Is A New Area For Me I Was Wondering What Some Of You Thought Would Be A Wise Choice. I Have Looked On The Internet At Bird Boys, Wingers And Rt Tosser, And Will Need Them To Be Remote Controlled. I Will Also From Time To Time Use Real Birds For The Marking Drills. I Could Also Mix And Match The Above Launchers If That Would Be A Wise Choice, Also Is There Any Info Books Or Dvd's On The Correct Use Of The Launchers As Far As Setting Them Up To Use In Drills. Thanks Todd

Pepper Dawg
10-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Todd, I have been using the Zinger Winger II's and the Zinger Winger Mini-Z. I prefer the Mini-Z as it is smaller, weighs 12lbs, and is easier for me to carry. It will launch birds, bumpers, and live birds if you get the live bird pouch. I have the remote units and use TriTronics to launch. I have had mine for a couple of years and have not had any problems with them. I got mine from gundog supply. www.gundogsupply.com. LOL!

Howard N
10-24-2007, 01:41 AM
I've had my Gunnner's Ups for a couple years now. I don't like their small one but the regular Gunner's up is a good reliable launcher. I use the Tri tronics pro control on them. You can get the 3 Gunner's Ups for the price of two Zinger Wingers. But except for price, there's nothing wrong with the Zinger Wingers. The electronics are the same for each.

Without remote launchers I couldn't train like I do. I love being able to have a triple whenever I want without having to co-ordinate schedules with another (several other) trainer(s).

I do most of the blind drills with launchers. You still have to do them with real people but the dogs get the majority of repetitions with the Gunner's ups and before them the Strongarms.