PDA

View Full Version : DU Retriever Challenge

Keith Farmer
11-26-2007, 01:21 PM
The Okefenokee Chapter of Ducks Unlimited will be hosting a retriever challenge March 1st 2008.

The web site and event details will be available soon. This will be a hunt test type event involving prizes (and a shotgun for the winner) in the master type stake, and a junior/senior stake with ribbons for less experienced teams.

DU will host a banquet after the event with a fish fry and each entry will include a DU membership.

Real birds will be used!

Bear Strickland will be one of the judges with the other judge to be announced.

Event will be near Waycross, Ga.

badbullgator
11-26-2007, 01:36 PM
The Okefenokee Chapter of Ducks Unlimited will be hosting a retriever challenge March 1st 2008.

The web site and event details will be available soon. This will be a hunt test type event involving prizes (and a shotgun for the winner) in the master type stake, and a junior/senior stake with ribbons for less experienced teams.

DU will host a banquet after the event with a fish fry and each entry will include a DU membership.

Real birds will be used!

Bear Strickland will be one of the judges with the other judge to be announced.

Event will be near Waycross, Ga.

Come on Keith, we all know your going to take 1,2, and 3. Can I just send you my check instead?
;-):D

Keith Farmer
11-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Man, what a vote of confidence...

However, I am actually "puttin on" the event. I will be trying to organize everything, I will not be running any dogs. Just trying to "give back" to the sport and this is such a great way to help DU who is really trying to make an effort by getting involved with the retriever sports.

From the State Chairman on down everyone is excited about the future of DU and retrievers...

I hope you can make it up. This is going to be a great event!

badbullgator
11-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Man, what a vote of confidence...

However, I am actually "puttin on" the event. I will be trying to organize everything, I will not be running any dogs. Just trying to "give back" to the sport and this is such a great way to help DU who is really trying to make an effort by getting involved with the retriever sports.

From the State Chairman on down everyone is excited about the future of DU and retrievers...

I hope you can make it up. This is going to be a great event!

well in that case I might come play. I could use a good tune up for the Grand

Good Dogs
11-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Keith,

We played in the intial DU challenge in ATL many years ago and it was a blast. The initial event - and some of the following - had both competitive (gun dog challenge) and non-competitive (hunt test) venues. At Borderline there was also a "Greenwing" event where kids drew lots and got to "run" one of the competing dogs in a junior level stake.

At any rate, have a ball. If we don't run at Cooper Balck that weekend I'll see you in GA.

Bob Swift

J Hoggatt
11-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Keith - would you keep me posted on this event - and the results....

I am active in DU in Nebraska - our State Convention is held in Grand Island every year in March/April. I would mind trying this in the near future - a pre to post analysis would be very informative.

Keith Farmer
11-27-2007, 06:26 AM
John,

I will keep you informed.

With the Greenwing activities, the Junior/Senior activities, the banquet, etc. we hope to make this a memorable family outing that will spark the interest of less involved parties to get involved with DU and sporting retrievers!

KF

badbullgator
11-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Keith
Any idea when more information will be avaliable

Keith Farmer
11-27-2007, 07:42 AM
I just sent the main page info to Jeff, my web designer, this morining. He should have the site up with the entry form available this week. I'll post the link when he gets it up and running.

For now, just reserve March 1st (Saturday) and get ready to rumble!

KF

Keith Farmer
11-29-2007, 01:56 PM
The web site is up and running. Entry form is available as well as rules, a map, etc.

I will have hotels and sponsors listed at a later date.

http://duchallenge.com/index.php

I hope to see some of you there.

KF