PDA

View Full Version : More notebook ?

Thomas D
01-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Talked to Dell last nite......bad experience. Will probably look elsewhere.

Question:

For very basic operation...no games, just e-mail and net surf, do I need:

2 GB memory?
Wireless "N"?
Upgraded processor to Intel Core 2 Duo 5250 1.5 GHZ?

xqwerty13x
01-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Dell ... not much to say about them. (if ya cant say anything good ....)
check http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=17&name=Laptops-Notebooks
they have good deals
bigger IS better

DL
01-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I have a toshiba that hasn't had any problems. It has vista too which a lot of people says has problems. I like the geek squad at Best Buy.

Mike Peters-labguy23
01-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I also have a Toshiba and it seems good. I have had this one for over a year now.

Brian Wilker
01-09-2008, 12:36 PM
I have a ThinkPad. No problems I would look at their web site for specials. I looked for about 2 months and the one that was right for me was put on special. I was told it would take about 3-4 weeks and I had it in 7 days. .Also very nice to work with. IMO good luck

Kristie Wilder
01-09-2008, 01:44 PM
hi tom,

i would say get as much as you can within your budget because in a few years, it will all be obsolete anyway. :) Even just for web searching, sites are getting busier and more geared towards higher connection speeds and computer performance.

While you may not need 2gigs of memory ( i assume ram), it would be nice.

I'm not sure what the "n" thing is...

But in the past, what I've done is look for the maximum computer, the best quality within my budget. I always get toshibas and I look for maybe the last model back that has some big rebate and/or is on sale...

I would think most things on the market (that are already manufactured, not customized) would suit you just fine.

The only thing I'll usually do for sure is get the upper end processor...

Keep in mind, I'm NOT a real expert computer geek. This is just what's worked for me.

-K