PDA

View Full Version : WI & MN Winter Informals

HiRollerlabs
01-15-2008, 05:42 PM
REMEMBER TO BRING WATER/BOWL FOR YOUR DOGS!

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE PERSON WHO IS LISTED FOR EACH EVENT-HOSTING CLUB.

IF YOU ENTER, EXPECT TO THROW BIRDS.

Informals run Jan, Feb, March, & April.

Listed below are clubs offering Winter Informals in WI and MN. Please offer to help throw birds at ALL informals. Club members are NOT scheduled to work at informals and if you want to continue to have these events then your help will be necessary and much appreciated! If you have questions or are concerned about weather, please contact the listed person for each Club. ALWAYS take your training equipment and collars. In the event there are not enough dogs to hold the informal, there may be a training day. If the weather is extremely BAD, the event may be cancelled without notice.

Road conditions: MN www.511MN.org WI www.511WI.org

WISCONSIN--Blackhawk Retriever Club, Inc
www.blackhawkrc.org for directions to grounds (north of LaCrosse)
BRC will be hosting four winter informals. Please come and support the Club. Registration will begin at the Black Oak Inn (near Holmen, WI) at 8 a.m. The dates are JANUARY 26, FEBRUARY 23, MARCH 29 and APRIL 12. We will be offering Open, Qual, Derby, Puppy, Hunter and Junior Hunter stakes. Some stakes will be combined and cross over entry between combined stakes is not allowed. $10 entry fee per stake for Jan, Feb and Mar. Entry fee for April will depend on whether or not we have flyers. Contact Lance Hughey 608-386-9762 or fourleaflabs@earthlink.net

MINNESOTA--(north of Winona) Watopa Retriever Club will host four informals near Kellogg, MN on FEB 2, MAR 1, APR 5 and APR 19. Yes they have changed to Saturday. Sign up at the Kellogg Cafe in Kellogg, MN from 7 a.m. - 8:45. Contact Jim Rickoff jrickoff@ridge-runner.com 507-452-1896.

WISCONSIN--Chippewa Valley Retriever Club will host an informal on APR 19 near Menomonie, WI (near Eau Claire). Contact Pete Hayes at 715-235-0618 or peteh@redcedarsteel.com Directions to grounds will be provided some time before April. Please don't call Pete now. Thanks.

MINNESOTA--Kettle River Retriever Group will host informals north of Hinckley, MN (north of the Twin Cities). These Informals will be run under the AKC HuntING Test format and will occur on the LAST Sunday in January, February, and March in 2008 . They will be held at our *new* training grounds just north of Hinckley, MN in Barry Township. Directions: north on I-35 to MN 48 (Hinckley Exit #183), turn Right (east). Drive approx. 5 miles to County Road 20, turn left (north). Drive approx. 3 miles to Roberts Road, turn left (west). Drive approx. 1.6 miles. Watch for signs. House is on south side of road. Fire number 27846. Contact Sandy Zandlo at zipgizz@yahoo.com or John Blackbird Home 320-679-0611 Cell 612-419-6433. Website: www.KettleRiverRetrieverGroup.org

MINNESOTA--(east of St. Cloud). NOTICE:January's informal will be on Jan 27 due to expectation of EXTREMELY cold temps on Jan 20.
Central MN Retriever Club hosts informals on the 3rd Sunday of every month EXCEPT FOR MONTHS when CMRC hosts an AKC Hunting Test or AKC Field Trial--so this club works year round. Sign up is at the Club house on the CMRC grounds east of St. Cloud, MN at 7 a.m. and dogs start running at 8:30 a.m. I'm sure you can find directions to the grounds if you look at entryexpress.net for the Central MN Retriever Club August Hunting Test premium. Contact Linda Twiss if you have questions, 612-964-7543.

Shayne Mehringer
01-15-2008, 06:18 PM
AKC Hunt Test format

BUSTED!!! Put a quarter in the swear jar!!!

SM

FOM
01-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Will these events be on EE?? ;) :D

FOM

Golddogs
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
BUSTED!!! Put a quarter in the swear jar!!!

SM

Shayne, she should know better. Jack and she are in the same club. But in all fairness, a NAHRA person wrote the copy. Ann was just nice enough to post it.

Shayne Mehringer
01-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Will these events be on EE?? ;) :D

FOM

If Ann wants them on EE, you can bet we'd do it for her!

SM

HiRollerlabs
01-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Shayne, she should know better. Jack and she are in the same club. But in all fairness, a NAHRA person wrote the copy. Ann was just nice enough to post it.

Thanks for coming to my defense Chuck. I plead the 5th! I should have proofed it!

Just don't tell Jack. He may not catch it since he is in GA training, and doesn't get to a computer very often!

I fixed it...

These are VERY low budget events....I'm sure it would cost too much to put them on ee.net!? We are kidding. You sign up the day of the event at the listed location, no advance sign up is available!

CDK
01-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Is CMRC holding any imfomals this winter?

HiRollerlabs
01-16-2008, 09:51 AM

EXCEPT FOR MONTHS when CMRC hosts an AKC Hunting Test or AKC Field Trial, it hosts an informal--so that club works year round. I'll get in touch with a CMRC member and find out which Sunday--seems like it is always the 3rd Sunday of the month. Sign up is at the Club house on the CMRC grounds east of St. Cloud, MN. I'm sure you can find directions to the grounds if you look at entryexpress.net for the Central MN Retriever Club August Field Trial premium.

Golddogs
01-16-2008, 10:18 AM

3rd Sunday on teh month. Sign up begins at 7 with the events running by 8:30. Follow a FT format.

MIRRC will also have informals in the spring.

CDK
01-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks Golddogs.

HiRollerlabs
02-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Bump. Informals in Feb., Mar., and April too!

Please contact the listed person if weather is bad and you want to know if that club is cancelling. Thanks.

Judy Chute
02-14-2008, 09:23 AM
....you guys are so-o-o-o lucky!! Time to go to La Crosse and babysit for 3 months again..LOL

Edit: (Black Oak Inn (near Holmen, WI) at 8 a.m. ........I still have the directions :) .... )

Great club..great people...if out there this Spring will call! ...for sure.

Miriam Wade
02-14-2008, 10:08 AM
....you guys are so-o-o-o lucky!! Time to go to La Crosse and babysit for 3 months again..LOL

Edit: (Black Oak Inn (near Holmen, WI) at 8 a.m. ........I still have the directions :) .... )

Judy-

Pick up Finn & I on the way?!?

:-)

M

Golddogs
02-14-2008, 10:27 AM

If you are out this way in April, NFHRA will be holding it's annual Spring informal HT and Marking challenge. Go to NFHRA.org for the information.

Judy Chute
02-14-2008, 11:18 AM
If you are out this way in April, NFHRA will be holding it's annual Spring informal HT and Marking challenge. Go to NFHRA.org for the information.

Thank you...will look and, "M".... :) ...are you not just about crazed right now??? Gorgeous out, happy for all the winter sports..but geeeeez :(

Buzz
02-14-2008, 12:56 PM
By Informal, I assume you mean what we call "Club Trials" here at Sioux Valley RC?

Golddogs
02-14-2008, 01:00 PM
By Informal, I assume you mean what we call "Club Trials" here at Sioux Valley RC?

Business casual as opposed to formal wear.

NHFRA does a modified AKC format HT with ribbons. The marking event is a cash/ribbon/plaque event.