PDA

View Full Version : Argh. Old South & Atlanta Retriever Clubs...

HuntinDawg
01-22-2008, 04:40 PM
have apparently scheduled their spring hunt tests for the same weekend this year. This has not been the case in the past as far as I can remember and I was hoping to run both events this spring. I don't know if this was intentional or if it was just poor planning, but this stinks.

Jerry
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
have apparently scheduled their spring hunt tests for the same weekend this year. This has not been the case in the past as far as I can remember and I was hoping to run both events this spring. I don't know if this was intentional or if it was just poor planning, but this stinks.

Maybe they were TRYING to reduce large entries in order to make it a better HT for each club.

Jerry

tshuntin
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
How far a part are these clubs? Are they AKC clubs?

HuntinDawg
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Maybe they were TRYING to reduce large entries in order to make it a better HT for each club.

Jerry

I doubt this is the case, but I guess it could be. This has been the weekend for Old South's spring test for a long time, so I would guess they would not be happy about this.

HuntinDawg
01-22-2008, 05:35 PM
How far a part are these clubs? Are they AKC clubs?

These clubs basically operate in the same area (greater Atlanta area) and with some overlap in membership. Old South is a HRC club and Atlanta Retriever Club is an AKC club. Still there is some overlap in hunt test participants and membership.