PDA

View Full Version : Rorem Seminar???

David Maddox
01-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Who's going???
I'll be there(videoing), and would really like to put faces to names.

FOM
01-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Do we know each other? ;) See you there - I heard we will need rain gear.....<sigh>

FOM

Teri
01-23-2008, 10:34 AM
I will be there as an observer.

Looking forward to it.

Right now forecast looks warm and wet....which I will take over cold and wet...but still hoping for some sun.

Teri Jakob

Polock
01-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Do we know each other? ;) See you there - I heard we will need rain gear.....<sigh>

FOM

Lainee, we expect you to come away from Dave's Seminar with NO LESS then the new TT collar for most improved handler during the weekend................... :D

Wish I could have been able to make it with Booty......but we just have to much going on prior to our move...........

Have a great weekend and Enjoy...........See ya at the National........

JeffLusk
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
do any of the big wigs who do seminars ever come to washington? i wanna win a TT!

Polock
01-23-2008, 10:58 AM
do any of the big wigs who do seminars ever come to washington? i wanna win a TT!

Nope, got to many leash laws in DC..................... :mrgreen:

FOM
01-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Lainee, we expect you to come away from Dave's Seminar with NO LESS then the new TT collar for most improved handler during the weekend................... :D

Wish I could have been able to make it with Booty......but we just have to much going on prior to our move...........

Have a great weekend and Enjoy...........See ya at the National........

Too late - they needed to give one away the first year I atteneded! And if I'm the most improved this year then I would say I have not learned anything from the previous two I atteneded and that would be a crying shame! Rorem is a great teacher of handlers - I will NEVER get his voice out of my head either ----- "20 yards, tooo sloowww..."

I'll be happy to minimize my handler errors and improve over last year!

FOM

David Maddox
01-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Lainee. I videod your blinds last year. I was in the field. Didn't you get a dvd copy of your blinds?

I'm one of those guys you just don't seem to notice.

FOM
01-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Dave,

Yuppers got my DVD.....just reviewed it, too.

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

Polock
01-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Lainee. I videod your blinds last year. I was in the field. Didn't you get a dvd copy of your blinds?

So fess up Dave, who's taller on the line, Bullett or Lainee............. :mrgreen:

FOM
01-23-2008, 11:58 AM

Ummmm, we sat and talked for a while - I think Sylvia (sp?) was filming - football coach, right?! ;) Guess you didn't see the first ";)" I know who you are - remember you got the wrong type of DVDs and tried to see if they would work anyway - you used my laptop to try and play it on? ;)

See ya in a few days!

FOM

FOM
01-23-2008, 11:59 AM
So fess up Dave, who's taller on the line, Bullett or Lainee............. :mrgreen:

Well that's an easy one - Bullet! ;)

FOM

JeffLusk
01-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Nope, got to many leash laws in DC..................... :mrgreen:

not dc, state

David Maddox
01-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Lainee,
That would be me(the coach).
Your David and I had a long conversation as well.
Sylvia and I will both be there. Friday for sure. I have baseball practice all day Saturday.

SYLVIA BOUGHT THE WRONG DVDs(LOL).

OK-It was me.

Judy Chute
01-23-2008, 12:44 PM
"I will NEVER get his voice out of my head either ----- "20 yards, tooo sloowww..."

............yup! ..LOL...

Boondux
01-23-2008, 12:57 PM
I hope I can make it to his summer seminar up here!

DuckManiac
01-23-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm going. I'll be the one throwing the birds.

Rick_C
01-23-2008, 07:28 PM

not dc, state

For sure!!

I was just reading an older post (2005 I think) on my clubs site and it talked about a seminar in Montana. That would work too!! :cool:

sueley
01-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Lainee,
Maybe you'll win the portrait Pam Ingham is donating. Or Tony might win the raffle. Pam's generous offer specified that participants and workers all get to participate.

FOM
01-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Sueley,

I heard....speaking of which I need to call Pam....

See you Friday.....

Lainee

MikeBoley
01-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Tony cant win, Im the worker who will win,

BBnumber1
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey David,

I worked the seminar last January, and decided to attend as a observer this year.

See you there. BTW, I'm Lainees husband

MikeBoley
01-23-2008, 09:04 PM
BB got your shiner today. no need to ice it since its in the low 30's here.

FOM
01-23-2008, 09:17 PM
BB got your shiner today. no need to ice it since its in the low 30's here.

TIME OUT - the shiner bock is for ME!! :D

See you Friday!

sueley
01-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Jim Carlisle won the portrait and Ed Fletcher won the TT pro 500 collar for being elected the most improved handler.

David Maddox
01-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey Sue,
Great to see you guys. Wish I could have worked more than just Friday. Rain, sleet, or shine, the Rorem team seems to always be right on the mark. No pun intended.

sueley
01-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Summer Workshop June 27 - 29, 2008 at Dave's farm near International Falls MN.

FOM
01-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Another AWESOME seminar in the books - Dave is a wonderful teacher.....if you are serious about FTs and you want to improve your handling skills, this seminar is for you! This was my third go around and I learned a TON just like the previous two I attended!

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

Ted Shih
01-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Another AWESOME seminar in the books - Dave is a wonderful teacher.....if you are serious about FTs and you want to improve your handling skills, this seminar is for you! This was my third go around and I learned a TON just like the previous two I attended!

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

I agree wholeheartedly with Lainee

I have already booked my calendar for another seminar in 2009

Ted

Lance-CO
01-29-2008, 12:39 PM

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

Ditto!! That was my first time and I learned a lot. It's like taking a class in "the science of handling in a FT". I saw some awesome dogs run too.

Angelo

edfletcher
01-29-2008, 01:14 PM
I certainly second the words of Lainee and Ted. The workshop was truly awesome. This was my second year to attend (and next year will be my third). Last year, I was an observer and this year I finally got my nerve up and went as a handler. I don't know when I have enjoyed anything as much. I was sorry to see the last series come to an end on Sunday. I feel very lucky to have won the "most improved handler" prize. However, when you start with zero experience, a little improvement looks like a lot. I also was very lucky to have had some very good dogs to partner with. Ted's "Mootsie", Corky Krollman's "Tech" and I sure can't leave out my own little yellow girl "Lilly". Three great dogs and instruction from a terrific teacher like Dave, can make even a klutz like me look good. I would highly recommend this workshop to everyone.