PDA

View Full Version : Triple D/Q

Aaron Homburg
01-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Woo Hoo finally a FT!!!!! I know it is early, but hope to have some news soon!!!!

Miriam Wade
01-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Would love to know what the first series of the Q is like if anyone can post...

M

Franco
01-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Don't know about the Q but, I did speak with one of the contestants.

Cold with temps in the 40's, strong northwest wind so windchill makes it feel much colder. Heavy rain showers moving into the area and are expected to last through the early hours of Saturday morning.

Miriam Wade
01-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Don't know about the Q but, I did speak with one of the contestants.

Cold with temps in the 40's, strong northwest wind so windchill makes it feel much colder. Heavy rain showers moving into the area and are expected to last through the early hours of Saturday morning.

That may be cold down there, but up here in January that's what we call a heat wave!!
Still-doesn't sound like much fun for those running. :-(

Booty-can you check your PMs please (give me a minute to write one!)

M

Jay Dufour
01-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Drove down in the dark....went to air my girl.......MR.Uchhhhy....Going back tomorrow to shoot or work the trial.This put me out of four,as I was entered in Acadiana on the 8th also.

ramblinmaxx
01-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Just heard from the owner of a pup from our Ram x KD Litter. They finished the 1st series in the Port Arthur and Acadiana Derbies.

Port Arthur. Long memory bird, short flyer that a lot of times went long because gunners were having problems killing the ducks.

47 back to the 2nd series which is a combo water land double.

Acadiana: Short memory bird, long flyer. Many dogs hunted long on the Short memory bird and did not pick it up.

38 back to the 2nd series.

Sam, the Ram x KD pup made it back to 2nd series in both trials..........yeah !!!

Marty

Paul Rainbolt
01-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Shayne, you home yet?

Jay Dufour
01-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Rain .....Rain again tomorrow.Cant wait to shoot out in that slophole!

KNorman
01-25-2008, 08:19 PM
South La Q:

First series: Double with about 45 degrees separation. Facing southwest. Wind from left to right. Memory bird is retired right hand bird at 60 to 75 yards angle down a levee. Go is left hand flyer at 165 across cover changes and across dirt road with bird just shallow of cover patch. Rain began off and on about 1/2 way through first series.

Second: Blind about 50 yards to left (upwind) of flyer station. I guess about 165. Between two power poles, through cover changes and across dirt road. Bird at base of clump of grass. 21 carried to third.

Third: Nice, nice water blind through ditch, over dirt clumps and across dirt road to angle entry a fading shoreline into windward end of big lake. Strong crosswing pushing dog into bank. Everything throwing dog to right. Bird across lake end about 30 yards exit at base of farm machinery. 8 carry to fourth.

Fourth: Big, almost 90 degree, double with strong crosswind from left to right in pond adjacent to water blind location. Memory is 190-200 left retired over mud clumps then across pond with some cover changes then more cover with minor ditch and long exit. Right go bird about 140 angled across same ditch over mud clumps and pond to exit for about 30 yards.

We picked up in fourth. I think we were the only team not to finish, but I didn't stay long with the rain and cold really bearing down. Placements tomorrow at tailgate.

I'm not an experienced trialer, but I think the Judges did an excellent job under rainy and cold circumstance. Tough but fair set-ups. Outstanding event.

Shayne Mehringer
01-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Shayne, you home yet?

No, butthead, i'm not. But i was able to get back to my hotel to get some work done by around lunch time. :D

First series was a deep flyer go-bird with a short retired throw converging. Retired mark thrown right to left, wind blowing sorta left to right. Boogie could not have missed the short retired by more than a couple feet. He had a good mark on it and slowed down like he was gonna smack it. Kept a 3/4 pace through the fall area looking for the mark and by the time he looked up he was deep and was like WOOHOO flyer! So i picked up. Which is good cuz it was starting to rain and it was cold and i didn't feel like running the blind in that crap anyway. HAHA

It was a really good test. A lot of test for a Q, and i think it got a lot of answers for the judges in a reasonable amount of time. I wouldn't care if they threw a quad with 3 retired birds in the Q, those poor suckers gotta judge 63 derby dogs tomorrow. If they weren't so hairy and ugly i'd give them a sympathy hug.

Bad weather and good food..... thats what the triple/DQ is all about.

Wuss in the rain and cold regards,

SM

Franco
01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Winter has finally made it down to the deep south. I'm just glad it will be over in 3 weeks!

Cat Squirrel, hope you can make our Owner/Handler Q in April. Details on ee.net.

Paul Rainbolt
01-26-2008, 07:01 AM
Sorry Shayne, Better luck on your next try. Now go suck some heads. ooooeeee good

Miriam Wade
01-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the play by play Kevin. Sounds like you held your own!

Any word on who finished or are you waiting for ribbon ceremony?

M

Shayne Mehringer
01-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Sorry Shayne, Better luck on your next try. Now go suck some heads. ooooeeee good

While all those poor folks were running dogs in the cold/wind/rain....

I was working on my handling........... handling a beer with my wrists, cuz my hands were covered in yummy crawfish!
http://www.machodawg.com/crawfish.jpg

Shayne

ramblinmaxx
01-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Derby
Here are the call backs to 3rd series Port Arthur.
1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,14,20,21,25,26,30,31,33,34,35,3 6,37,40,41,43,44,50,54,55

Hopefully will have call backs to 3rd series on Acadiana here soon.

Marty

ramblinmaxx
01-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Derby
Here are the call backs to Acadiana 3rd Series

Marv Baumer
01-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Aaron,
Please call me.

Marv Baumer
972 658 2954