PDA

View Full Version : Circuit City

Thomas D
01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Ended up buying HP notebook from Circuit City. Have used it 4 times and it started shutting down without warning. Called HP and got that fixed. Then it would not start up. Got that fixed. Tthen it started shutting down again. This is all in two days. Talked to Middle East, Costa Rica and somewhere in Midwest tonight.
End result....send it back to HP to be fixed.

Question: Has anyone had any luck getting a big box retailer to refund or exchange a laptop that is less than 30 days old?

kjrice
01-29-2008, 01:38 AM
CC has a 14 day return on PC's. You could speak with a manager and ask for an exchange. Be sure to provide the service records.

FishingDog
03-05-2008, 04:07 PM
I am very sorry you had this problem! A friend of mine had the same issue with a HP laptop. I can not answer your question but being in the IT industry I would like to pass along some free advice.
If you are going to purchase a laptop I would buy it directly from the manufacture and get an extended warranty on it. Dell calls it the complete care. I would buy from Dell, IBM(lenovo), HP, Toshiba in that order. I would also look at the business laptops as they do not come "junked up." Dell sells refurbished laptops at a fraction of the price and when you get the extended warranty you are covered. If you call you can also get a better price than over the Internet, backwards I know but it is worth a try. Always buy as a business!

Thomas D
03-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Sent it to HP and they fixed it in about 10 day turn around time. No further problems, except for the fact that all the adware is now back on the laptop....that I paid Cir City to take off as well as the virus protection was removed and I will have to reinstall. about 120 dollars lost.

Boondux
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I like my HP laptop. No problems.

FishingDog
03-12-2008, 01:41 PM
download adaware and spyboy search and destroy to clean the adaware. Then you can use avg free antivirus. All three are free and work very well. Will save you some $ on software.