PDA

View Full Version : Kennel Mats

DEN/TRU/CRU
01-29-2008, 09:19 AM
A Buddy Has Built A New Kennel Building And I't Has Floor Heat. He's Looking For Kennel Decking / Mats For Each Inside Run To Give The Dogs A Place To Bed Down Off The Concrete. What Would Anyone Recommend?
Dennis

wetland_retrievers
01-29-2008, 03:22 PM
I use Kuranda beds and horse mats.
The raised decking is a good idea as well. Just be ready for it to get chewed on.

Angie B
01-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Kennel deck is good. That's what we use. Horse/stall mats can be irritating to some dogs.

Angie

Keith Stroyan
01-29-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm a satisfied user of http://www.kenneldeck.com/ for several years, but not on a heated floor.

BBradley
01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
I would have to agree with Angie. My BLM developed chronic cough that the vet treated for presumed kennel cough but nothing worked until I removed the horsestall mats. Within 24 hours his symptoms had resolved.

DEN/TRU/CRU
01-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks! I'm Concerned About The Heated Floor Thing. He's Just Looking At Slapping Wood Together And I Said "chew City". This Will Give Him Some Thoughts And Ideas. I've Told Him To Join The Forum And Get All The Imput He Wants, Needs. And !
Thanks
Dennis
Ps: Got To Be The Best Site, Still!!

Golddogs
01-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks! I'm Concerned About The Heated Floor Thing. He's Just Looking At Slapping Wood Together And I Said "chew City". This Will Give Him Some Thoughts And Ideas. I've Told Him To Join The Forum And Get All The Imput He Wants, Needs. And !
Thanks
Dennis
Ps: Got To Be The Best Site, Still!!

With radiant heat, it will not matter what solid surface you put down, it will absorb the heat. Even a raised bed will be warm.