PDA

View Full Version : Springfield XD45

kjrice
01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
I just bought one and am very happy. Compare it to a Glock and I think you will agree. It is a polymer 45ACP with 13+1/10+1. Recoil seems light for a 45ACP and IMO comparable to a 9mm.

13space82
01-30-2008, 10:03 PM
i have the same thing with a 4" barrel, can't hit a thing(probably my fault), but i really like the way it feels

kjrice
02-02-2008, 03:06 PM
i have the same thing with a 4" barrel, can't hit a thing(probably my fault), but i really like the way it feels
Keep practicing. :p

TANK
02-03-2008, 09:43 PM
I have shot both I'm a Glock man not to offend but all fairness to the XD it is a nice gun with some nice features. The XD's recoil may be a little less than the glock. The finish on the Xd is not as durable as the glock .Just to many safetys for me LOL....Good starter pistol and one that will be with you a good while w/ proper care.The durable part is talking about the blueing on the blue silde and the ejectors on all models seem to mar easy.

kjrice
02-04-2008, 09:52 AM
It is a Ford x Chevy thing. The newer XD's have the improved finish. I happened to like the XD, because of fit and grip angle.

badbullgator
02-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I have had both the Glock and the XD. I actually had the XD40 and it was a very nice gun. I would say 6 of 1 and a half dozen of the other as far as which is better between the two guns. I will say that I am not that fond of the safety on the XD40. It is the only gun that, in my 30 or so years of handling, I have ever had an accidental discharge with. It was certainly my fault as all gun accidents are, but the fact that it did happen only with this gun made me sell it. I was cleaning several guns and decided to also clean my XD which was my carry gun. I stupidly held the gun in the palm of my hand with my finger INSIDE the trigger guard. Because my hands had some gun oil on them, when I went to clear the chamber the slide slipped from my grasp and slammed back into place. My finger should not have been inside the guard, but it was and the trigger bumped against my finger discharging the gun into my bed. Very lucky my wife or a dog was not in the bed at the time. Again I know this was MY FAULT, but do use extra care with these safety’s.
Very nice gun though

Ricky Elston
02-04-2008, 11:12 AM
It's all about personal preference but I had a XD in .45. I never had any problems with it in the short time that I owned it. Shot flawlessly for me, but I never got fully comfortable with it, so I sold it. Could've been the fact that I'm used to shooting single stack 1911's and I prefer to have an external hammer. However, I do think it is a good buy and it's put together pretty well.