PDA

View Full Version : Bird releasers for Pro Control?

mattkeenan
02-16-2008, 06:22 PM
I am looking to purchase a remote bird release set-up (small, box-style). I would like to use Tri Tronics Pro Control for electronics, but don't know which releasers might be compatible.

So far the only one I have found is the Zinger Winger Uplander, but am looking for something a bit more affordable. Any Recommendations? Should I just go with Dogtra?

Thanks!
Matt

Sharon Potter
02-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Do you want a bird launcher or a releaser? A launcher is spring-loaded and will pop the bird up and out fast, while a releaser gently lets a bird go, and you get a more natural flush. I've used all the spring-loaded types available and DT Systems are the hands down winner. The releaser that I know of is new, and I'm expecting one to arrive soon...they can be purchased with any brand of electronics you want.....let me know if you want the info on it. No matter which one you buy, they aren't cheap, unfortunately.

mattkeenan
02-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a launcher - I just didn't want it to be confused with a winger... I'm looking for the box-style. I will look into DT's products... I've just always heard that Tri-Tronics and Dogtra are the top-of-the-line electronics.... the launcher itself could be any brand - they are cheap compared to the electronics! You are sure that the DT launcher will accept Tri-Tronics electronics?

Thanks again!

2Blackdogs!
02-17-2008, 04:54 PM
The DT box launcher is 1st rate- No issues with the electronics. The BL 509 and 505 are the quail/chuckar sized units. You would get one thatincludes the remote and then the 2nd and up to 10 would be purchased without the remote to save a few bucks.