PDA

View Full Version : 12 GA Lion Country Inserts

FetchExpress
02-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Has anyone had an experience with them? Like? Dislike? Why?

Thanks

KC

Jason Ferris
02-20-2008, 10:25 PM
I haven't used the LCS ones but have some similar ones that a local fitter and turner made up for me. They are useful (we use them in trials and in training), but very easy to lose in the field - I painted mine bright blue to make them easier to find in the grass.

Regards, Jason.

greg ye
02-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Same as above, I had a gunsmith make aluminum shot shell that I could insert 209 primer in. Worked fairly well. But, the barrel fouling was very bad. Had to attach bore brush to drill to clean barrel. Just take an old fired shot shell and punch out primer. Expand hole w/ 1/4" drill bit. Stick it in your single shot, add a primer and see how you like it.

MDbaydog
02-23-2008, 01:56 PM
I bought one from L C several years ago. I had to drill the hole deeper where the primer goes so the SxS shotgun I was using it in would close. I think you need to use them in a single barrel or non recoil cocking double in order not to be to much of a pain re- priming it. If you know a machinist they would not be to hard to make. They are helpful teaching a dog to mark off the gun.