PDA

View Full Version : Bass Pro Shops

cjlarose
03-03-2008, 09:30 PM
:-x

I have noticed a few individuals looking into Bass Pro Shop brand e collars on this site and others. Here is a copy of a letter that I sent Bass Pro Shop in Springfiled Missouri.

First let me state that I do not expect any company to accept exchanges on any product that’s been abused or misused.

I attempted to exchange a pair of snake boots I purchased last fall at your Branson location on Sunday, March 2nd. These were RedHead® 16'' Bayou Snake Boots with gore tex. Until last week the boots performed exactly as expected. Unfortunately, while training my retrievers they started to leak. I assumed I would be able to exchange the boots since they shouldn’t leak ever much less after owning and using them for such a short time. I was terribly mistaken. While trying to make my point with your manager Chris, he continued to point to a piece of paper stating BPS policy on exchanges. No exchanges without a receipt or box. BPS fully expects exchanges on their entire product; therefore you must have a receipt and box. BPS is counting on individuals to throw away the box and receipt by the time it fails, therefore no exchange. Really, how was I to know the boots would leak? Am I to keep every box and every receipt from every Bass Pro purchase? Not likely when there are other companies out there that don’t require all that – they take care of their customers after the sale.
I left those boots on the counter with your manager Chris, hopefully he can find a use for them. I can't because they leak. So instead of acquiring a workable pair of boots from BPS, I have paid for them again through Cabela’s. At least this time I know the company I’m purchasing from will stand behind their products. They will exchange with or without a receipt or box and have done so for me in the past.
I will make this issue known to every outdoorsman I know personally and come in contact with in the future. I count on quality products. I expect a business to stand by their product, with or without a receipt as you know (or should know) what you sell in your stores. I write a Bi-Monthly article for a nationally published magazine and will include BPS treatment of my attempted return and exchange. I have never supported or ridiculed a business for their practices or policies, however, I am disappointed in your company and management and believe other outdoorsmen will want to know of this exchange or lack thereof. I now know BPS will not stand by their product or consumer.
Outdoorsmen need a product that will hold up and if not, a company that will stand by their product by taking care of the customer. We cannot be expected to keep every receipt or box on every product we purchase from BPS in case that product fails on some future date. I have my doubts the boots would have been exchanged even with required box and receipt. We would need to rent a storage space to contain all the empty boxes and receipts. We need to be able to purchase items from an organization that will stand by their product and replace it if, while performing under normal conditions and wear, and as intended, the product guarantee fails.
I do not know of any national business that will not exchange items without a receipt if the product fails. Walmart, Target, Cabelas, Gander Mountain, Dunns, G and H decoys, all accept exchanges without receipts. Geez, even Victoria’s Secret accepts exchanges without receipts as witnessed by my wife!

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't want anyone else to get the shaft on buying a collar.

Bill A
03-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Sorry for the troubles you have suffered but I have to add that on couple occasions in the last year I have made exchanges without receipts and without hassles at the Auburn, NY location. I had a 1-piece fishing rod break on a hook-set and actually was only able to return the lower half of the rod (as the other end was at the bottom of the lake). They exchanged it without any problems. I also had a shirt have a bad seam after washing and again no problems. I want to add that both replacements have performed wonderfully. Maybe you just dealt with a piss-poor manager. Hopefully corporate will take care of this for you - Good luck.

-Bill

lablover
03-04-2008, 10:10 AM
You should be able to get BPS to access their sales database and provide a record of the sale. They ALL keep records on their sales of products so that they can reorder.

Might be worth a shot.

John Suits
03-04-2008, 08:18 PM
IMHO they stink they never have what you really need and they arestarting to carry thier own brands only which mostly suck in quality comparision to the real things