PDA

View Full Version : Small Open & Amatuer WOW!!!

Franco
03-05-2008, 09:30 AM
More fun than an Easter Egg hunt is the Cajun Riviera Open & Am the weekend of
March 21st.

Entries close in less than a week and this trial should be very small.

Fantastic grounds, delicious food, outstanding hotel accomodations all make for a great Easter Weekend!

All info is on entry express . net

P S If you can't make the trial yourself and your dog is on a Pro's truck, make sure you let them know.

AND, ALL YOU HUNT TESTERS, DON'T FORGET OUR OWNER/HANDLER QUALIFYING AND DERBY IN APRIL! Both start on a Saturday.

Mark Sehon
03-05-2008, 10:38 AM
I see you teamed Britney Spears up w/ Paris Hilton to judge the Open in the Fall Trial and Rush / Hillary tag team for the AM.

EdA
03-05-2008, 11:13 AM
this trial should be very small.
don't count on it.....easy payday near the Big Easy....;-)

Franco
03-05-2008, 11:17 AM
I see you teamed Britney Spears up w/ Paris Hilton to judge the Open in the Fall Trial and Rush / Hillary tag team for the AM.

Yup, just figured they would be a huge draw for our Fall trial! Now that Ms Spears is spending more time back home in Louisiana, might as well put her to work. I thought she did a great job handling this past weekend at the SLRC trial. However, that would be our Halloweeen weekend trial before the National.

The Easter weekend Open also has a celeb judge but doesn't seeem to have the interest of a Ms Spears and Hilton.

Hope to see everyone Easter weekend at the Lebeau Trial Grounds!

Franco
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
don't count on it.....easy payday near the Big Easy....;-)

I started getting neverous this past weekend at the SLRC trial when I asked many of the Texas folks where they were planning to running Easter weekend. All said Lone Star.

You think if I cooked a couple of Easter Bunnies and Alligator sausage Sauce Piquent for the contestants on Saturday, we could draw a larger entry?

EdA
03-05-2008, 11:26 AM
You think if I cooked an Easter rabbit and Alligator sausage Sauce Piquent for the contestants on Saturday, we could draw a larger entry?it certainly might attract me, curious what gator and bunny taste like, chicken?????....

EdA
03-05-2008, 11:30 AM
I started getting neverous this past weekend at the SLRC trial when I asked many of the Texas folks where they were planning to running Easter weekend. All said Lone Star.you know they lie, they'll go wherever the entry is smaller

Franco
03-05-2008, 11:30 AM
it certainly might attract me, curious what gator and bunny taste like, chicken?????....

Farm raised rabbit is all white meat with little to no fat. Much more tasty than chicken! Alligator taste like...well Alligator. Nice flavor and texture. Great with a Pinot Noir.

Come on down and I WILL cook some on the grounds for Saturday!

Franco
03-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I see you teamed Britney Spears up w/ Paris Hilton to judge the Open in the Fall Trial

Sad news tonight, they called to inform me they couldn't make the October 31st trial. Something to do with Halloween party in Pachanga Canyon.

Anyway, the replacement judges for the October Open are up on ee.net

Jay Dufour
03-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey...When is the April trial gonna be finalized ?

Franco
03-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey...When is the April trial gonna be finalized ?

Done! And, don't forget to bring that fancy two-barrel shotgun of yours.

Jay Dufour
03-07-2008, 03:57 PM
No problem! Got two in Q and one in derby entered....will shoot in between.

Franco
03-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Only 16 dogs entered in the Amateur.

Entries close tonight!

Jay Dufour
03-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Hey Bootay...I will come on Good Friday and shoot all day.Didnt know it was gonna be that big.See ya at 8AM

Franco
03-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Didnt know it was gonna be that big.

Not as big as I had hoped. Open 71, Am 37. I was wanting a few more Open and about 15-20 more Am dogs. I was hoping we could have gotten another one or two big Pro trucks from Texas so that the club could buy that Polaris Ranger 4x4 that we need.

A big thanks to all that entered!

Weather conditions should be ideal. Lows is the 50's highs in the 70's.

Jay Dufour
03-12-2008, 08:57 PM
I thought I saw 108 in The AA....???

Franco
03-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Yes, a total of 108 in both the Open and Am.

However, we have already had three scratch in the Open and one in the Am.:(