Replacement Gunners up bands [Archive] - RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF

: Replacement Gunners up bands

03-06-2008, 11:31 AM
I've tried searching and can't seem to come up with anything even though I know I've seen this discussed.

Where are you guys getting your replacement winger rubber banding? I've got a Gunners Up SOG and have a broken band.


Jason E.
03-06-2008, 12:28 PM
I am gettin them from Gunners up .

Brad B
03-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I just bought it from Zinger. The outside diameter seems a little large but they work fine.

Ed Hogan
03-06-2008, 02:00 PM
McMaster Carr ph# 404-346-7000 part # 5234K43 .91 per ft. if you buy 25 ft. Works perfect.

03-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Not much saving from McMaster, maybe a couple bucks. Is there any benefit from buying from there?

03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
I friend told me he buys his at a dive shop, ie skin divers shop.
Take a small sample with you. What he showed me was a band that had a very small hole in it and thick outside rubber.
For what it's worth, thats the same rubber I got from Gunners up the last time.
Can't remember what I paid them, seems like around 25.00.

03-06-2008, 11:54 PM
I believe our club just purchased a 50' roll from dogs afield. Icut them to length and I replaced my self.

Slinger Guru
03-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Retriever Specialists sells 3/16" ID X 1/8" wall (standard size winger rubber) or 7/16" OD for $1.00 a foot. This is the size used by most launchers.

03-07-2008, 10:21 AM
i think fetchem up . com sells it by the rolls