PDA

View Full Version : Madison Retriever Club Training Seminar

Brian Moyse
03-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Madison Retriever Club will be hosting a training seminar in Stoughton, WI on April 19th starting at 9am. The cost is $30 per participant for non MRC members. This fee is payable directly to the Madison Retriever Club. All proceeds to benefit the Madison Retriever Club. Current MRC members can attend the seminar for no charge. If a non-MRC member attends and wishes to join MRC the day of the seminar you may apply the $30 towards their annual membership dues.

This seminar will focus mainly on correcting "control" problems. The majority of hunt tests failures are a result of problems that occur within feet of the handler. This seminar will address those problems, and show how these problems can be avoided in the future. Basically this is a "trouble shooting" seminar for the handlers and their dogs, versus a "training day" seminar where marking and handling are the main focus.

I would like everyone to bring their dog and be prepared to participate hands on
to address their specific problems.

This seminar will cover such topics/problems as;

- Having the dog behave in holding blinds.
- Getting to the line from the holding blind.
- Creeping and breaking.
- Sticking and mouthing birds.
- Maintaining line manners throughout the year.

Feel free to send me an e-mail or call me if you have any questions or suggestions
for the seminar. My contact information is;

Brian Moyse
info@sunriseretrievers.com
815-624-2077

Please RSVP for this event to info@sunriseretrievers.com by April 12th. The seminar
fee can be paid the day of the event.

Hopefully the snow will melt by then!