PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Deep South & East Texas HT'ers

Franco
03-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Cajun Riviera is hosting an Owner-Handler Qualifying & Derby the weekend of April 12-13. Grounds will be the spectacular Lebeau Trial Grounds in Whiteville, La. just north of Opelousas.

For more info, go to entryexpress.net

Franco
03-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Entries close April 1st.

I was hoping with an Owner/Handler Qualifying that we would be attractive to the huge amount of Hunt Test folks in the area and that the entries would be large. Ive been told repeatedly that I should have schedule a regular Q and not an Owner/Handler Q. If I am wrong on this, all future Qs will be open to all.

Hope to see you there Saturday April 12th as it should be a one day event, if we receive the minimum allowed by the AKC.

K G
03-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Franco, the AKC has no minimum entries for Quals and Derbies.

kg

Franco
03-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Good to know. I had it in my head that we needed at least 12. Shows you where my head is. ;)

For the club to break even, we need 24 entries total.

Because entires are taken on line (Entry Express), we will us the Dow to determine the running order!

K G
03-25-2008, 10:36 AM
I had it in my head that we needed at least 12.

12 is the minimum number of QAA starters you must have for an all-age stake to award championship points.

10 is the minimum number of starters you must have in a Derby for the derby points to be counted toward RFTN's High Point Derby Dog trophy.

Because entires are taken on line (Entry Express), we will us the Dow to determine the running order!

I guess that means that you didn't put it in the premium that you'd use the Dow to establish your running order! ;-)

Sometimes those pesky rules come in handy, don't they!:)

Any chance you're ever gonna combine the minor stakes with the majors for a trial? Or will you just do the switch to a regular Qual and move on if you don't get enough dogs with the O/H Qual?

kg

Franco
03-25-2008, 10:54 AM
The Premium does say that the Dow will be used. I was just reminding folks.

We've talked about having all four stakes at one trial. However, I can't tell you how nice it is just to have the two majors and two minors seperated.

This past weekend at the Open, we received many complements on how smooth everything went. From outstanding grown men paid-help experienced bird throwers, excellent live guns and only the Am as the other stake, life was beautiful. With 62 starters in the Open and 31 in the Am, we actually made a little money. 20 additional entries would have been better but then again, next year we won't have to compete with Easter.

We had a nationally well-known Am that has judged a National and many other AA events offer to judge for us next March. He was that impressed with the grounds. You've judged there yourself and know how good the grounds are! Hard to find better in my opinion.

Plan is to continue with two Open & Ams per year. We would like to do a Double D/Q with another La. club. If not, we may try a regular D/Q next time if we don't get enough entries to make it worth while hosting an Owner/Handler Q.

K G
03-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Roger that. Makes sense.

kg

Franco
03-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Because of the lack of interest in an Owner/Handler Q, we have decided to cancel the event slated for the weekend of April 12-13.

Entry Express will provide a full refund of the entire entry fee and Cajun Riviera will cover the $3. per entry for those few that had entered.

Thanks

KNorman
03-27-2008, 11:06 PM
I was very interested Franco, but Maya is due to whelp on the 15th so I couldn't enter.

But next year, I'll be there. :cool: