View Full Version : az pheasant champ results

maydayretrievers
03-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Saturday.
single flusher: 1st daz-owner dale ???
2nd trooper-owner arleen hornby aka troopers mom-handler roger may
3rd meg- ron phelan

puppy 1st tarzan-josh pershoff
2nd hooters- owner todd somel handler- roger may (NOTE litter mates take 1st and 2nd breeder gregg arleen hornby sire 2xNFC ramblin man breeding)
3rd tank-andrew kunuston

double flusher:
1st meg -ron phelan
2nd solo-owner thomas berry-handler roger may
3rd sally owner gale mettinbrink-handler roger may

Sunday:
single flusher
1st meg- ron phelan
2nd trooper owner arleen hornby-handler roger may
3rd solo owner thomas berry-handler roger may

Thank you all to that attended with 77 dogs it was our largest yet and only our 3rd event here in Az..not only is there AKC,UKC,NAHRA the BDC is for flushing dogs and pointers and is a way to show off your retriever that they to are upland dogs and can chase phesants,chuckers,quail,and other upland birds retrievers are not just duck dogs they are all around hunting dogs thanks again to all that attendend..are next event is April 19

Paul Rainbolt
03-24-2008, 06:22 AM
Congratulations trooper mom. Sounds like a fun event, wish there was one closer to Tulsa so i could try it.

Patrick Johndrow
03-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Congratulations trooper mom. Sounds like a fun event, wish there was one closer to Tulsa so i could try it.

I think there are a few guys around here that want to try to get a challenge together…prior to breaking my leg we were going to have lunch and discuss….lets get together and see what we can do….I have another three weeks or better of butt time so could get the paper work done.

Judy Chute
03-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Congratulations !! "Trooper" and Arleen & Greg Hornby ... and to all that participated.

What a great event ... and wonderful weekend for the retrievers and handlers, alike ! :)

Judy

Troopers Mom
03-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks everyone. Trooper is having a good year. I couldn't be there to watch the event as I was home taking care of Trooper's 1st and new offspring that are just a week old. He was bred to a Black Water Rudy daughter. Gregg was there and said it was a great event, something very much needed. To my way of thinking, it is greatly needed as an alternative to the MH which has become just way too ridiculous. Trooper has his JH, SH, and two passes on MH but just shut down with pressure and too many subsequent failures. This is something he greatly loves and obviously excels at.

Arleen

maydayretrievers
03-24-2008, 08:34 PM
arleen you can't have him back now LOL he is only 16 points away from being a BDC champion..and scores will be out this week and we will see were he stands in AZ..but one thing is for sure we found his glitch...
That and he has put me at the top in handlers for BDC..thank you again to you and gregg for believing in me and trusting me with your dogs..its been an honor

And a great breeding you guys did with ram wow how those 2 have come along..