PDA

View Full Version : Hunt test numbers

Scott Greenwood
04-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi everyone, our club is putting on a hunt test April 26,27. Our numbers are not the best right now and we are wondering about cancelling the test. The cover is in great shape and the water is all open. So no worries about not having water to run in. It is located south of Waseca, Minnesota and we have always had good numbers at our tests in the past. So not sure why people are not signing up.

You can locate it on Entry Express. We are running a double Junior, Senior, and a Master. Great time to get that dog its first ribbons of the year.

Thanks Scott

Eddie Sullivan
04-03-2008, 03:13 PM
In our neck of the woods we don't get good entry numbers until a day or so before closing date. I wouldn't worry yet.
________
FORD FOUNDATION SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Foundation)

2tall
04-03-2008, 03:17 PM
When I entered the Palmetto Retriever Club spring test, there were only 4 in SH! Up until the eve of closing, only about 13. I got up the next morning and there were 53!!! Don't cancel yet.

Scott Greenwood
04-03-2008, 03:25 PM
That is what usually happens, but the weather has been so foul. We just started to lose ice along edges of lakes the last few weeks. I don't want to scare anyone because the water is good at the test site.

Scott

Golddogs
04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone, our club is putting on a hunt test April 26,27. Our numbers are not the best right now and we are wondering about cancelling the test. The cover is in great shape and the water is all open. So no worries about not having water to run in. It is located south of Waseca, Minnesota and we have always had good numbers at our tests in the past. So not sure why people are not signing up.

You can locate it on Entry Express. We are running a double Junior, Senior, and a Master. Great time to get that dog its first ribbons of the year.

Thanks Scott

Several things might be working against you guys this year. The weather is # 1 with us being at least 3 weeks behind the past 3 years and unless you have had a dog down south, most of us have not been able to get back into training. Add to that not being a MN club, a lot of the guys that are trying to qualify for MN will skip Southern.

Stay positive. There is still time to get decent #'s.

BIG DOG
04-03-2008, 04:55 PM
seems to be the trend although numbers do seem down but diesel's at 4.oo/gal- reg unl around here is 3.12-3.30 a gal what would one suspect

Henry V
04-03-2008, 05:03 PM
No one can train around here yet and you can still drive on the lakes.

You can expect 60+% of your entries the last 24 hours.

best of luck.

BIG DOG
04-03-2008, 06:55 PM
we've had so much rain we driving in our lakes :D lol