PDA

View Full Version : Owen's Dog Box

blakegober
04-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I am considering a two hole dog box from Owen's and just wondered if anyone had expirience with that brand? I live in GA and insulation is not a major concern b/c it does not get that cold here, I am just wondering if they are solidly made. the price I got was around $635 with free shipping. Are there any other brands that are better but that are in the same price range? thanks for any input.

Blake

YardleyLabs
04-16-2008, 11:47 AM
I have an Owens 2-dog box (model 510) and like it a lot. It has three basic negatives: it's aluminum and turns my yellow lab gray, the insulation is all exposed and gets chipped away some by the dogs, and believe it or not the holes are a little too deep making it hard to get things out that have slipped to the back. None of these issues is a serious concern. The positives are that it's cheap, it's well designed, ventilation is good (in the summer I stick small fans on the front), and it's light enough to take out and put back in without assistance any time I want full use of my truck. I will be replacing my box, but only because I need room for more dogs. I recently drove two of my dogs from PA to Georgia and back in the Owens box (2000 miles) and both were perfectly happy.