PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Virginia Retriever Benefit

David Barrow
04-20-2008, 01:42 PM
FIFTH ANNUAL VIRGINIA RETRIEVER BENEFIT
TRIAL AND PICNIC

April 19, 2008

To Retriever Club Secretaries:

We are making progress to gain Grounds for Retriever Events in the State of Virginia. The First Project, The Powhatan Training Area has been included in the Phase I Master Plan submitted to the Virginia General Assembly. Our Second Project gave us the use of Epps Island for Tests/Trials. Our Third (and Greatest Undertaking) Project is the additional Sites in Charlotte and Prince Edward Counties encompassing Over 700 Acres of Training Grounds and Ponds in which we have secured a Multi-Year Lease. Please share this information with your Club and any and all Retriever Enthusiasts we are making a Difference. Please come out, for our Fifth Annual Virginia Retriever Benefit and Bring a Friend!

On Sunday, June 1st, 2008, we will be holding a “Benefit Trial/Test” in Remington, Virginia at Shady Grove Kennels Hunting Preserve and Sporting Clays (11986 Lucky Hill Road). The trial will accommodate all levels of retrievers. Ribbons will be awarded and the entry fee will be $25.00 per entry. Stakes will be from puppies–to Amateur/Owner Handler, from singles to quads. Judges will be professional trainers, and the Open Gun Dog Stake will be Judges from the HRC Program. The test/trial will begin at 8:00 a.m. at Shady Grove and a picnic will follow at 1:30 p.m. A delicious Lunch will be provided and a side dish would be welcomed. After lunch we will have a raffle. Please bring any item(s) you would like to donate for auction or raffle.

As Secretary of your club, we would like for you to inform your membership of this event. To prepare for the picnic, we need an idea of how many people will attend. Please RSVP via email to barrowsluvlabs@msn.com or call (804) 512-9254, David Barrow.

Thank You,

David Barrow

One of our goals is to exceed last year’s attendance.
Please come out to show support for this worthy and needed cause

WE NEED A LARGE TURN OUT OF SUPPORTERS TO SHOW THE STATE THE

ENTHUSIASM WE SHARE FOR THESE PROJECTS!

David Barrow
04-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Special Judges are coming out of the marshes for the "Gun Dog" and "Open Gun Dog" Stakes, it WILL BE FUN!

David Barrow

Sabireley
04-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Hey David,

Let me know what I can do to help. I am close an can get some things set up on this end. It will be fun, just like the previous years.
Thanks for all of your hard work on this.

Steve

David Barrow
04-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks Steve, I will talk with you this weekend at Tidewater.

For those unfamiliar with the problems of securing grounds for our wonderful sport, the VA Department of Forestry just pulled the use of their lands on Tidewater Retriever Club two weeks ago ( after telling us things would be fine), stating their mission has changed and they would like to move away from Hunting, and Fishing and move towards being a enviromental educational facility.

The next time you go to a Hunt Test or Field Trial please take the time to look-up the people that took the time to find grounds and give them a well deserved "THANK YOU"

David Barrow

David Barrow
05-07-2008, 03:51 PM
The Virginia Retriever Trophy of Champions (revolving trophy) will be given to the winner of the Open Gun Dog Stake, and the judges are coming out out of retirement to give some added excitement. Both Joe Wirt and Ron Samuels know Hunting and know Dogs.

To view the trophy go to the website www.varetrieverbenefit.com.

The site will be updated with new pictures and information within the next few weeks.

David Barrow

David Barrow
05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Two Great Hunts have been donated already. -Two man Pheasant Hunt at Shady Grove and a your choice Two-man hunt for Canvasbaks on the York River or a Goose/Duck hunt on the Pamunkey River.
Amateur/Owner Handler Judges are Kristen Hoffman from Heron Hawk Retrievers and the wonderful Jackie Gwaltney (should be fun!).

Please RSVP by May 29th.

David Barrow

Sabireley
05-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Don't forget, the Virginia Retriever Benefit is this weekend!

Steve

David Barrow
05-28-2008, 01:11 PM
The Food and Beverages are being picked up Friday, so if you are planning on attending, Please let me know.

There will be maps and training/trial rules available for input from folks attending, for the 400+ acres in Prince Edward and Charlotte Counties. Also, there will be a sign up calendar for usage.

See you Sunday,

David Barrow