PDA

View Full Version : Please Recommend a Retired Gunners system

Malcolm
05-01-2008, 09:50 AM
What brands will retire and unretire via electronic remote???

silver1108
05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi
I bought a Tainrite retired gunner from Trainrite. Service was incredible and the unit works great.Highly recomend

Ricky Elston
05-01-2008, 10:44 AM
The one made by Train Rite is the only one that I'm aware of the retires and unretires. We use it all the time and it is awesome. No need for a holding blind either.

Malcolm
05-01-2008, 12:01 PM
thanks!

I'll take a look

John Lash
05-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Malcolm,

Bumper Boy makes one that rotates, you sew a piece of camouflage to a white t shirt. Rotating the unit shows either white or camouflage. If you turn it just right you can turn it sideways to you also.

It retires and unretires as you wish. BB mounts it on their launchers which in my opinion isn't the best. I removed the motor that makes it rotate and mounted it in the middle of a stickman and ran a wire back to the BB. It has it's limitations like all things but all in all it works good enough, is lightweight, and if you use the right kind of camo, disappears when retired. It's hard to find but the old style flannel camouflage mostly yellow with greens and browns works the best. All the "modern" stuff looks black and usually shiny at a distance.

Of course it requires a BB launcher and transmitter, great if you have that, impossible if you don't.

Good luck with your dog,
John Lash

FOM
05-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Any one have a "Malcom"? I received one that is not working and am trying to track down directions - I contacted the company with no such luck.....

FOM

Jay Hinton
05-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Train Rite Handy Man is the way to go.....Will work with either Bumper Boy or Dogtra/TT electronics.

Jim Pickering
05-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Any one have a "Malcom"? I received one that is not working and am trying to track down directions - I contacted the company with no such luck.....

FOM

I have one and have had no problems except for replacing the battery after a couple years of use. What is yours not doing? What electronic are you using?

Who did you speak with when you contacted the company?