PDA

View Full Version : Gale Adams Memorial Classic

Chad Wilson
05-11-2008, 04:39 PM
This weekend the 3rd Annual Gale Adams Memorial Classic was held in Tuscaloosa, AL

Gale was a gret friend of the Alabama retriever community and campaigned his dogs primarily in the AKC Master/Master national program

His competing dogs were HRCH Shamrock Acres Adams Jake MH (MN Hall of fame)

and HRCH Bodine's Opportunity Knocks MH QAA

Special thanks to Paula Horsley and Joe Harp for Judging and to Jeff and Paula for hosting the event. We ate well (drank well) and had a chance to run our dogs in 6 series over the weekend. Thanks to Dudley Ballard for cooking the chickens.

Placements were:

1st- Ken Wood and Buzz

2nd-Pam Park and Ruby

3rd-Jamie Chandler and Reef

4th-Eddie Earl Chandler and Pride

RJ-Chad Wilson and Cole

Jams: Jeff Horsley and Ike, Jack Hollingswoth and Pattie, Jim Shurden and (Ike's littermate), Randall Ayers and Sonny

Dave Kress
05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Nice that we don't forget Gail and his contributions. Sorry we could not be there!
So does this mean ken has to judge next year?

dave and marty

Mike Perry
05-12-2008, 06:45 PM
If my dog had not just whelped a litter I would have been there also.
Gale was a good advisor and was invaluable help in aiding me in getting my first dog trained to HRCH and MH.
I was very fortunate to spend several hours just sitting and talking dog stuff with him on the way to a HT just before he died.
I got very teary eyed at the first Classic when Randall announced Gale as dog # 1 and put his whistle and lanyard on the line and the dove flew in to the tree and watched the whole first series. Like Gale was there himself.
He is still missed in our club.
A good dog man and a great man.