PDA

View Full Version : Amish Training Clinic

Mike Tome
05-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Northern Piedmont Retriever Club is hosting an "Amish" Training Clinic (i.e. no e-collars) on August 16 and 17 near Monrovia, MD. Two experienced retriever trainers well-known for their Amish methods, Frank Plewa and Paul Young will be sharing their expertise in training retrievers, beginning with young dogs and progressing through beginning handling drills. Handlers should bring their dogs for hands-on experience.

For more information please see the flyer at this link:

nprc.tripod.com/amisht...gflyer.doc (http://nprc.tripod.com/amishtrainingflyer.doc)

Registration is limited, so register early!

featherqwest
05-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Hopefully the hubby will have his job. I love Maryland and have spent time in his home state. I don't use collars to train my dogs. I do have done but they know the rules. Retrievers rule as I call it here in NC mountains. The low landers as we call them are taking notice. We just love the dogs and people who run them. It more of vacation to come out and see them run. We love outdoors and hate/love computer since we know them toooooo well.

We just talk the plain truth.. Bill is still NC Guard .. We are both vets.. Pls be nice....

featherqwest
05-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Hopefully the hubby will have his job. I love Maryland and have spent time in his home state. I don't use collars to train my dogs. I do have done but they know the rules. Retrievers rule as I call it here in NC mountains. The low landers as we call them are taking notice. We just love the dogs and people who run them. It more of vacation to come out and see them run. We love outdoors and hate/love computer since we know them toooooo well.

We just talk the plain truth.. Bill is still NC Guard .. We are both vets.. Pls be nice....

I did my time at Ft Detrick....