PDA

View Full Version : Blank Pistols - Olympic

caglatz
05-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone, I had a relatively inexpensive Olympic Blank Starter pistol (.22 cal) that was workiing flawlessly except for the non-positive rotating cylinder. However, the other day in the field, I was loading the pistol and the plunger shot out (spring loaded) into infinity and the whole cylinder mechanism just crumbled (all in pieces). Obviously, what had happened was the spring loaded plunger cam unscrewed where it shouldn't have and the rest is history. I can't really complain because I paid less that $30 for it.

A training friend has an Alpha .22 with the orange grips and it appears to be a much better gun. I also know he paid a heck of a lot more for it. (@ $180 I believe).

I was thinking about getting one of the Alpha's with the 209 primer - and wonder what everyone thought. (to justify or not justify the high price tag)

Joe Martin
05-28-2008, 04:32 PM
I used he Alpha .22 and it is a well made training pistol. My only gripe is that it is impossible to tell how any shots are left without opening the cylinder...minor, but I went with another NEF .22 after using the Alpha.