PDA

View Full Version : Avery hex bumper

i_willie12
06-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Just got some new Avery Hex bumpers. These things seem really really hard compaired to my lucky dogs. Anybody have problems with them:confused::confused:

Rhenee Fadling
06-11-2008, 05:11 PM
They really are made out of some hard material, a little too hard if you ask me, but we made a minor investment in them - we bought six, three of the small and three large. My other complaint is the black/white can be tough to see on slightly rough water in bright light conditions.

i_willie12
06-11-2008, 05:42 PM
yeah i think so too. I have 6 or 8 and I think I will just use them for pile work. They shouldn't make a loud thud sound when you drop one on the hardwood floor. Glad they were only like $3

h2oknine
06-11-2008, 10:05 PM
I had one crack but Avery took care of that. Great Customer service for me. the only thing I do different is change the rope out the ones they put on are to short and the rope material collects a lot of stickers and stuff. I do like the way they hand throw they are weighted just right for long throws. I plan on getting more.

Jason Glavich
06-13-2008, 09:08 AM
I ordered 6 yesterday, seems like the jury is still out on them.

arkfisher
06-13-2008, 12:37 PM
I read some reviews on them and it seemed that no one liked them. I bought some from gundogsonline.com I really like them.

http://www.gundogsonline.com/dog-training-bumpers/plastic-dog-training-bumpers/regular-size-sure-grip-dummies.html#

jefflab5
06-13-2008, 03:48 PM
I was hopeful, but as usual was disappointed. I bought six from gundogsonline when they were on sale, couldn't pass them up. I do agree though that they should be good for pile work. From now on I'll stick to my lucky dog's. I

Chris Atkinson
06-13-2008, 11:07 PM
You guys who don't like them, have you tried the three inch flashers?

To me, these tend to be the bumpers I grab when training, unless I'm wanting to carry twenty at a time, then I'll grab something smaller and lighter.

I'm extremely happy with the three inch flashers.

Some folks don't like the composition of the throw ropes. I personally like the throw ropes. Besides, what other bumper manufacturer provides throw ropes already attached?

Chris

duckslayer
07-24-2008, 09:34 AM
If you hard mouth dog the seem to work better. I have used both have both Avery and Dokken's and most of my dogs prefer the softer of the two. I mainly use the Avery bumpers for force fetching and hard mouth dogs.
Good luck.
Flint River Retrievers & Supplies

lizard55033
07-24-2008, 11:14 AM
I picked up a pack of 6 2" white Avery Hex bumpers and love them so far.
Yes they are a little hard, but I don't think thats an issue onless your dog is trying to catch them in mid-flight.

My golden likes to roll the bumpers in his mouth while bringing it back, after I switched to the Hex bumpers the rolling has pretty much stopped. Love the thicker rope dia. makes for tossing the bumper alot farther.

Okieh2odog
07-24-2008, 11:55 AM
the only thing I do different is change the rope out the ones they put on are to short

The rope length on the HexaBumpers has been modified to what I think is the perfect length. My dogs absolutely love the HexaBumpers and they seem to have a calming affect on dogs with hard mouth issues.

I prefer the 3" bumpers over the 2".

mallarddrake
08-03-2008, 12:47 PM
I have used other brands and the Avery Hexa is the only one that I will use. I give it a A+:D

jbauer
08-08-2008, 12:47 AM
I love the Avery Hexas. They have helped me with my hard-mouthed BLM. They hold up very well. I've been using them for 2+ years.

Keith Stroyan
08-08-2008, 07:22 AM
..what other bumper manufacturer provides throw ropes already attached? Chris

Bumper Boy's throw bumpers - rope, knob, and flapper on a B/W foam bumper: the most visible I've seen. But quite light (w/o steel insert for BB's) and foam won't last like Lucky Dog/Hallmark/EZ/Hexa...

DSMITH1651
08-08-2008, 06:26 PM
i don't like them, my dogs are very mouthy, rolling them around in there mouths. do not have the problem with birds or other bumpers.
Duane