PDA

View Full Version : BRC Fall Events

junbe
07-03-2008, 09:30 AM
First, our AKC Member Field Trial will be held Aug. 22-24. Again our FTS will be receiving the entries and producing our catalog. If anyone needs a premium, send a PM and we will send a premium out. A phone call will be accepted.

Our AKC Member Hunting Test will be held Sept. 5-7. We will be running an O/H Qualifying. Anyone attending the Master National--we are a 4 hour drive south of the Master Nat'l grounds--this would be a good place to stop and run an event. Anyone wishing to stay and train should ask for permission. EE is handling the entries for the hunting test.

This will be my first hunting test judging assignment, so I'm looking forward to the Junior stake.

Jack

jeff t.
08-12-2008, 01:01 PM
First, our AKC Member Field Trial will be held Aug. 22-24. Again our FTS will be receiving the entries and producing our catalog. If anyone needs a premium, send a PM and we will send a premium out. A phone call will be accepted.

Jack,

Re Blackhawk August trial

How does one obtain the running order prior to the start of the trial (and prior to the DOW)?

Thanks,

Jeff

junbe
08-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Jeff

We do it the old fashioned way--remember the old days?

Many people send in a post card and we promptly return the post card with your dog's number (or dogs' numbers) and the total dogs entered in the stake, since we use the DOW start.

Other people email us and we return the email with the appropriate numbers. Other people just call and we have the running numbers by the phone and we give them.

Our catalog should be published by Friday afternoon and you can stop by the house and get a catalog!

We stayed home today to get our mail, open the entries--it looks like we'll have a good-sized trial. So far we have 224 entries. With a few hours left for people to drive up and hand us their entry before closing.

Jack

Gene
08-12-2008, 02:33 PM
You must have received the entries from Entry Express. Over half the entries were completed using EE. (128). Sure made it easier to enter this way for someone many miles away and not on your premium list. Nothing wrong with a combination of the old fashion way and the newer way. Good luck with the trial.

Gene

jeff t.
08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Our catalog should be published by Friday afternoon and you can stop by the house and get a catalog!

I really wish I could do that...I love it up there.

Unfortunately, it is about 1100 miles from my front door to yours.;-)

I'll send an email.

Thanks for putting on the trial,

Jeff

junbe
08-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Jack - I just talked to Jeff about your request and of course the answer is "yes" to EIC testing at the BRC trial.

As a matter of fact, if you want to get the word out to the club membership, please do, or post on the RTF board as well. We'll stock up to do a number of tests. We did just shy of 50 tests at the Madison trial.

Please relay to people that they should either find us at the Am on Saturday (when I'm not running the Q) or back at the trial HQ/buffet at the end of the day. We have a complete testing set-up and do it at our dog truck.

As I'm sure you know, it's a very small blood draw, frankly filling out the paperwork for both the owner and for me as veterinary administrative "scribe" takes longer than the actual test.

If you wish, post this at trial HQ check-in (and of course, don't hesitate to contact Jeff or I if you have any questions):

Dr. Jeff Schuett of Pewaukee Veterinary Services, will bring medical supplies, cold storage and forms to do blood draws for EIC testing. Dogs will be scanned for an ID chip as part of the test process. The cost of the testing is $100. Here's what that covers and the process:

U of M EIC test fee - $65.

The remaining $35 will cover everything else: blood draw, packaging, shipping costs and materials (overnight to U of M, all samples will arrive within 48 hrs); paperwork administration and submission, and all client information will be entered into the PVS clinic management system for tracking purposes.

Important: the dogs will be scanned for ID chip verification. If the dog is not currently chipped, that must be done per Jeff's requirement. That service will also be available but an additional fee will be charged.

Please be prepared to pay with cash or check at the time of testing....we will not have credit card verification capability. The link to the website to access the online form: http://www.vdl.umn.edu/vdl/ourservices/guidelinefiles/canineneuro/home.html

We will have blank EIC forms with us but it would be very helpful if you fill out the form in advance, print and bring with you. If you do that, here's the information for the Attending Veterinarian section:

Dr. Jeff Schuett

junbe
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Limited All-Age 91 dogs

Amateur All-Age 73 dogs

Qualifying 32 dogs

Derby 29 dogs

Jack

Gwen Jones
08-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Has anyone had a phone call from the trial?

Boomer
08-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Derby is in the 2 will post callbacks after 2.
Open is going well about 25 percent handle or pickup. Not very many good jobs. alot of hunts should be done around 5

Boomer
08-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Derby
3rd
1 thunder
2 juice
3 ali
4 amy
5 booker
7 misty
8 avery
9 rosie
10 gater
14 raider
15 lucky
16 tiger
17 moses
19 misty
20 chici
25 tank
26 ava
27 luke
28 pick it
29 trey

junbe
08-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Derby

1st Thunder O Landry, H Vallin

2nd Moses O Landau, H Curtis

3rd Ali O Lane, H Moody

4th Tank O Bauer, H Bauer

RJ Juice O Harvey, H Voigt

Jack

Aaron Homburg
08-22-2008, 11:09 PM
That has got to be close to 30 pts or so for Thunder....nice dog......congratz Mr. Landry.

Aaron

Chad Baker
08-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I heard 42 were called back to the land blind in the open. It sure would be nice if us internet junkies could look at the running order online. Jack all of us southerners want to know what's going on up there. You guys do a great job of putting on a trial with awesome grounds just wish we could get a little more info without being there.
CB

Richard Halstead
08-23-2008, 09:48 PM
I talked to one of the Open judges wife today, she told me there was only limited cell reception or there might be more updates. She thought they might finish the stake on Sunday.

junbe
08-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Qualifying

First Waquoit Bay’s Lone Arranger Len Rentel

Second Magic’s Remus Jess Bentley

Third Fire Breethin’ Heethun Len Rentel

Fourth Muddyrivers Bring Em In Nathan Robinson

R Jam Hi-Birds Chief-Investigator Rich Ellis

Limited 15 back for water marks—Quad with two retired.

Amateur 31 back for land blind.

Jack

Gwen Jones
08-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Does anyone have Am and Open results?

Thanks in advance,

Gwen

jeff t.
08-24-2008, 09:19 PM
The only results I have are as follows
Open 3rd Huntersbest Sapphire Jubilee (Jacki)
Owner: Jean Wu

Handler: Dave Smith

Congrats to Jean and Dave

MKaty Gutermuth
08-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Qualifying

First Waquoit Bay’s Lone Arranger Len Rentel

Second Magic’s Remus Jess Bentley

Third Fire Breethin’ Heethun Len Rentel

Fourth Muddyrivers Bring Em In Nathan Robinson

R Jam Hi-Birds Chief-Investigator Rich Ellis

Limited 15 back for water marks—Quad with two retired.

Amateur 31 back for land blind.

Jack

Way to go Lenny what a great weekend!!!! Congrats, Katie

junbe
08-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Blackhawk Ret. Club Aug. 22-24 AKC Member Trial

Limited

First Jazzy Wayne Curtis

Second Rae Jess Bentley

Third Jacki Dave Smith

Fourth Kicker Judy Powers

Amateur

First Buster Pete Hayes

Second Tucker Fred Kampo

Third Chug Cary Hunkel

Fourth Eddie Paul Killian

Jack

Gwen Jones
08-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Lenny,

It has been such a long time since Milton and I saw you! We were thrilled to read how successful you were this weekend!

Best Wishes from the South,

Milton and Gwen Jones

jordanaverytalley
08-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Congrats to Kampo...that now gives him 2 dogs qualified already for the National Am!

He must have had a serious talking to with Tiger and Tucker, and let them know he was not looking forward to opening up his TURKEY BREEDING FARM again in Minnesota...and for that we are all grateful!