PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Georgia RC update

junbe
07-03-2008, 09:43 AM
The application for a new club and permission to have the first event to be a licensed trial is still pending with the AKC events dept. The red tape has taken a little longer than anticipated. Our first event will be scheduled to run in direct competition with Snowbird's field trial in late Febr. Since Snowbird had over 100 entries in both the Open and Amateur a competing local club is needed to make both events more enjoyable. The Field trial grounds for this event will be about 10 miles south of Americus GA. Bruce Hall is president of the new club. John Unbehaun-Vice President. Rick Whaley-Secretary-Treasurer. Carl Ruffalo is our field trial chairman. EE will handle the entries.

Jack

mike hodge
07-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Jack: Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it.

Mike

Granddaddy
07-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Are these the same grounds used by Tall Pines for their spring trial?

junbe
07-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Dave
The grounds for Southwest Georgia Retriever Trial will not be the same as Tall Pines. These grounds have recently been developed for training and field trial. Bruce Hall has developed an excellent grounds with 3 ponds--the third pond was completed last month. I have completed grounds and water that is capable of holding all-age stakes. Pete Hayes has bought a farm next to Bruce's and has excellent land and has recently put in a dam that should have some big water. Wayne Curtis has excellent grounds adjacent to my grounds. We also lease a significant amount of land for training on a plantation and they will allow us to run there if we need to. Our grounds are approximately 10 miles from Tall Pines Grounds at Tom's.

PRTA is scheduled to do their field trial on the Tall Pines grounds this spring.

Jack

Chad Baker
07-06-2008, 02:52 PM
thank you Jack for creating a new conflicting trial!!! We need a few more in other areas also!
Only thing, if you guys were about 30 mins closer we would have a double open/am. You should try to have the minor stakes opposite of Snowbird so that people would have the option of driving to another trial very close. It might help to get some more young people involved with FT's. I'm 35 and very seldom do I see anyone younger than myself most of you guys are drawing some kind of check. Nothing wrong with that at all, I'm worried about keeping this sport I love so much around until I can draw my own check.
Chad Baker

Laird's Retrievers
07-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Chad-

Speak for yourself, I am a young guy in this guy- well ok 41. But I truly agree, generally Cynthia and I are the youngsters and we joke that all our finds are retired.

Hey I chatted with you at Judy's regarding your grill on the dog truck, what make and model. I ned to find another small one.

On topic- this will be a great addition to the GA trials, As the president of the Jacksonville Club I know how hard you will work getting the trial organized, hosting and just getting judges.

Great job.

Thanks

Chris Parkinson

junbe
07-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Good News Today! Our club, Southwest Georgia Retriever Club, has just been approved as an AKC specialty club. We are on the fast track to run our first licensed trial next February. Forming a new club and getting all the paper work done is well worth the effort.

Jack

junbe
08-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Southwest Georgia Retriever Club Event No: 20096709011458 GA. Hwy 308Americus, GAApprovedFT RetrieverClosing Date: Tuesday - February 17, 2009For additional information contact:Rick Whaley, Event Secretary1336 Upper River RdAmericus, GA 31709-7705(229) 928-9819
Get Club Info Get Map

Field Trial

Start Date: Friday - February 27, 2009 End Date: Sunday - March 01, 2009
Opening Date: No Date Available Closing Date: February 17, 2009

Judge Panel Status: Approved

Class Judge

FT Qualifying
Lenny Rentel Dr. Thomas Strickland $56.00
FT Owner/Handler Amateur All-A
Larry Johnson Barton P Clark $66.00
FT Limited All-Age
A Nelson Sills Wayne Anderson $66.00