PDA

View Full Version : Florida State Duck Calling Contest

zraul1
07-03-2008, 10:46 AM
2008 FLORIDA STATE DUCK CALLING CONTEST

The 2008 Florida State Duck Calling Contest will be held on Sunday, August 10th, 2008 during the Fall Hunting Classic at Bass Pro Shops in Orlando, FL. This years event will begin at 1:00 pm on the main stage and is proudly sponsored by Ducks Unlimited, Bass Pro Shops and Hunterís Specialties. Because of these great sponsors, the winner of the 2008 contest will receive a check for $ 1,000! The second place finisher will receive a $ 300 gift certificate from Bass Pro Shops. The third place finisher will receive a $ 200 gift certificate from Bass Pro Shops. Anyone interested in becoming a sponsor of this years event can contact the event chairman listed below.

This years event is sanctioned by the World Championship Committee based in Stuttgart, Arkansas and is governed by the rules of that sanctioning body. The contest is open to all Florida residents age 17 years and older. Verification of Florida residency is required. The winner of the event must be able to travel to Stuttgart, Arkansas to represent Florida in the World Duck Calling Contest held on Saturday, November 29th, 2008.

Registration for this years event is $ 30 per contestant. Registration will be available at the Ducks Unlimited booth during the Fall Hunting Classic on August 10th, 2008. Registration closes at 12 Noon EST on the 10th.

Any questions or pre-registrations can be directed to the event chairman at the following address:

Marc Stepbach
9948 Domingo Dr.
Brooksville, FL 34601
(352) 263-1717
e-mail Ė mstepbach@earthlink.net

Chris Atkinson
07-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Zach,

I'd imagine you're a "shoo-in" for this thing, but you never know when some 18 year old just moved to Orlando from Carlisle, AR, and decides to step up and blow against the big boys! :cool:

Good luck!

I'd love to get "on the Bus" again some day.

Just in case it never happens again, I named my pup "Bus"! (true story)

Chris

zraul1
07-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Well, I hope we get to see you there sooner than you think.

Next time you make it down to FL you'll have to come check out the house and have some real gator meat. Season starts Aug 15th and Mr. Haney and I are rearing to go again.

I hope some new competitors show up for the contest. I am sure I didn't make the FL boys happy when I showed up the first time a couple years ago. Lucky for them I had a brilliantly-strong 3 topper with squeak!

Are you available for consulation of my routine at all? I've got a pretty solid one set up since last October, yet I'm still not sure it is "there". I have your number. Let me know if there is a good time to call ya.
Thanks Chris.

Happy 4th!

Zach, Jenn, Luke and the pups!

Chris Atkinson
07-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Well, I hope we get to see you there sooner than you think.

Next time you make it down to FL you'll have to come check out the house and have some real gator meat. Season starts Aug 15th and Mr. Haney and I are rearing to go again.

I hope some new competitors show up for the contest. I am sure I didn't make the FL boys happy when I showed up the first time a couple years ago. Lucky for them I had a brilliantly-strong 3 topper with squeak!

Are you available for consulation of my routine at all? I've got a pretty solid one set up since last October, yet I'm still not sure it is "there". I have your number. Let me know if there is a good time to call ya.
Thanks Chris.

Happy 4th!

Zach, Jenn, Luke and the pups!

Zach,

Please call me anytime! I love listening to routines!

Been a while since I sat behind the curtain...I miss it!

Chris

Chris Atkinson
08-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Congrats to Zach Raulie who will represent the great waterfowling state of Florida this Thanksgiving at the World Duck Calling Contest!

Chris

badbullgator
08-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Congrats to Zach Raulie who will represent the great waterfowling state of Florida this Thanksgiving at the World Duck Calling Contest!

Chris

Way to go Zach...do us proud...you know us crackers don;t need no stinking calls.......... them mottled's come to anything;-)
Good job and congratulations

Now about getting to Florida Chris............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................:c ool:

Michelle Eason
08-25-2008, 11:03 AM
YEAH ZACH!!!!!
BTW..How did the gator hunt go?? We went Sat night and got a BIG one!

Chris Atkinson
08-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Congrats Michelle! Did you go with your dad again? I remember you posted pics from last year, or maybe it was the year before. Regardless, it was, I believe, the year John Hewitt got skunked due to my Jynxing him.

Chris

Michelle Eason
08-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey Chris! Me, Colby and my Dad went again this year! This makes year four for alligator hunting! We got pur biggest Saturday night....11 ft 2 in! I thought we were never going to get it in the boat!

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo62/MichelleEason/P1080641-1.jpg