PDA

View Full Version : San Jose RC's Spring Trial!!!

Josh Conrad
08-24-2008, 10:55 PM
I know this is a little early, but I just want to make people aware that SJRC will be using Brand New Grounds this year for our Spring Trial. Thanks to Brian Riley, the owner of the Ale & Quail.

The weekend of our Trial (Jan 30- Feb 1) is also a huge Bull, Gelding and Stock Dog sale in Red Bluff. This is a National event and rooms fill up quickly. I have reserved 20 rooms at the Days Inn for our participants. By reserving this many rooms I was able to get a much reduced rate, for one of their busiest weekends of the year.

Please let me know if you need a Room, Trailer Space or a Spot in the Lodge ASAP!! They are filling up fast.

Thanks and Hope to see you all at our Trial!!!!

SJRC
S p r i n g F i e l d Tr i a l

This year we are excited to be holding our Spring Field Trial on the beautiful porperty of Red Bank Ale & Quail Outfitters. Jan 30th - Feb 1st.

www.redbankhunting.com

The Ale & Qual property can accommodate 20 self contained travel trailers
with Dry camping for a nominal fee. Reservations are required.

They also have a spacious bunk house that will sleep 15 people. These
accommodations include a continental breakfast and dinner. The fee is
well worth the convenient location and great food. Be aware these are not
private rooms. Reservations are required.

The SJRC has also reserved additional hotel rooms in Redbluff for a
reduced rate. Make your reservations quickly. Hotels are already showing
No Vacancy for that week.

The Ale & Quail will host a wild game feed for workers on
Saturday Night.

We encourage you to come out and get involved.

For reservations contact: Josh Conrad (408) 821-7959
5060 Fallen Oak Drive. Morgan Hill CA 95037

zipmarc
08-24-2008, 11:23 PM
This sounds great - I've missed the past 4 San Jose trials in a row, but I think I will make it to this one in 2009 :D

Josh Conrad
08-27-2008, 11:46 PM
16 trailer spaces gone, 4 left. Lodge still has 6 slots and still have 13 rooms.

going fast!!!

OH and the Workers party is now OPEN TO EVERYONE!!! BYOB!!

Barry
08-28-2008, 09:33 PM
16 trailer spaces gone, 4 left. Lodge still has 6 slots and still have 13 rooms.

going fast!!!

OH and the Workers party is now OPEN TO EVERYONE!!! BYOB!!

What was the reason for moving the trial from Morgan Hill? Hope the club is ready to take a hit in the pocket book. You will lose all your Southern Cal entries, plus all the snowbirds from Montana and Idaho who winter in Southern Cal. Hope it all works.

zipmarc
08-28-2008, 10:24 PM
.....You will lose all your Southern Cal entries, plus all the snowbirds from Montana and Idaho who winter in Southern Cal. Hope it all works.

Bull. The snow birds will be starting to head back north anyway, plus, the trial will now catch all the NW folks, who will come down for it that weekend, followed by the Lassen trial the next weekend, which will be about 20 minutes from this location.

I think it's going to be a smashing success.

Josh Conrad
08-28-2008, 10:29 PM
What was the reason for moving the trial from Morgan Hill? Hope the club is ready to take a hit in the pocket book. You will lose all your Southern Cal entries, plus all the snowbirds from Montana and Idaho who winter in Southern Cal. Hope it all works.

I know we "might" lose a few from SO CAL. However, I have a few from there that have already reserved trailer spaces. One of the Southern Pro's has already said that they are interested in coming up for it.

For the So Cal's that we lose, we will gain from Nor Cal and Oregon. I was at Klamath and talked to several people that haven't been to Morgan Hill in 3 or more years because of the distance, but said they will make it for Red Bluff.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose the So Cal folks, but it was necessary to make the move his year. Lassen is the following weekend, so we are hoping that they will come up and stay the week and hit Lassen afterwards.

Hope to see everyone there.

Josh

lanse brown
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Josh, while I am not sure that we have met I do respect and admire you. As a person who helped start the South Jersey RC in 1968 I know what a hands on member has to do to provide a venue for people to compete with their dogs. Your efforts are not unnoticed and those who reap the advantages of your efforts should publicly thank you. I note that the thread continually refers to Snowbirds and people who follow the circuit. This is where I feel we are on a downward spiral-if our clubs were able to put on a trial which would break even with participants who lived within a 300 mile radius our sport would be a lot more healthy, however the pros and Amateurs such as myself who are hopelesly addicted to these dogs and are well enough off to be able to retire and still train and run our dogs are the majority of the participants today. I hope that I am absolutly wrong as this has and still is my "life"- has been for 46 years and since I am on the downside of a Bell curve it will be until I check out. You are a warrior and I commend you. Lanse Brown

Josh Conrad
08-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Much Thanks Lanse, appreciate it. I think CA has a great mixture of Amateur Trainers and Pro's. All in all, some great folks IMO.

Moving venues is a lot of work, just for the fact of the unknown, but we feel like we are well prepared and we should have a good time while we are at it.

Our focus is on having a great trial and have fun while we are doing it. I am excited about our judges and the AM's and Pro's who have already pledged to join us in the Spring.

Hope to finalize a few more details that should add to the weekend. I'll announce those at a later date.