PDA

View Full Version : Golden Retriever Hunt Test Results???

Jerry and Freya
09-21-2008, 06:08 AM
Anyone have any results from the Golden Retriever National hunt test?
Jerry:rolleyes::rolleyes:

2goldens
09-21-2008, 06:46 AM
I can give you what I am almost positive...I marked some other person's book, but here goes. I believe there were 15 to finish...44 entered-4 scratches. Judges were terrific and tests were extremely challenging, but much fun!

2-Jim Drager-Trooper
5-Kurt Smolin-Cruise
6-Pat Scribner-G'day-TITLE
7-Tom Lehr-Tye-
12 year old YEAH
14-Sammie Thompson-Climber
17-Jill Moffett-Bennie
22-Sammie Thompson-Whitney
25-Patrick Daignault-Skye
26-Rhonda Mulholland-Rodin
28-Frost-Dona Morgan
33-Patrick Daignault-Risk
34-Harry Eickson-Cody
38-Susan Koch-Lucy
44-Peg Willbond-Ginger

I hope I didn't miss anyone!!

Jerry and Freya
09-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the info---but I believe #12 is a four year old Golden???
Someone told me that #12 did not make the water triple.
Jerry:confused::confused:

Gerry Clinchy
09-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks so much, Peg! One can't find these results anywhere else yet.

I believe Trooper just turned three; only ran one or two JHs, then one SH, and moved into Master, where, I think he has so far gone 3 straight passes.

I understand Junior A had 14 finishing and B approximately 15. Haven't had contact with anyone in Senior.

DUCK DGS
09-21-2008, 08:34 AM
YEAH Rhonda and Rodin!! :D Congratulation to all the qualifiers.

Sue

2goldens
09-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Ooops.....somehow the enter key was hit.....#7, Tye, is 12 years old and finished in grand style with gallery in tears! It should jump from #7 to #14. You are right #12 did not pass.

2goldens
09-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Yes, Trooper did very well!!! He had the tough luck of being the number #1 dog each series showing us all how to do it! NICE DOG. But, then again, there were so many very good dogs running. It was a pleasure to watch!

dreamer2385
09-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Congrats to all,,,
Especially Sammie Thompson and Whitney! Whitney is my new pup's mom!! GREAT

Maria and Quest, High Peak Corbec Quest for Gold @ Willowbrook..

Gerry Clinchy
09-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Two additions to the Master pass list:

#40 Roy - Patrick Daignault

#25 is also a TITLE pass

Jerry and Freya
09-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Any news about the senior hunt test from the Golden National?
Freya:rolleyes:

Jim Drager
09-25-2008, 05:52 AM
Yes, Trooper did very well!!! He had the tough luck of being the number #1 dog each series showing us all how to do it! NICE DOG. But, then again, there were so many very good dogs running. It was a pleasure to watch!

Thanks for the kind words! I will have to say that normally I don't like being dog one. But, Trooper is so stable, that I was anxious to get to run. This was just his second Master test, and I'm just blessed to have another good one.

Troop also made it to the water blind in the open. He has a great first series, good land blinds and what I thought was a good enough water blind...wasn't good enough, but I could not have expected more in our first Open (he's only run a handful of Quals).

The highlight for me was watching my cousin Tom Lehr run Trooper's Nephew Tye...age 12 in his last event. Tye did a great job...amazing at 12! The gallery was in tears knowing it was their last time together at the line.

The GRCA Specialty is just the greatest dog show on earth..it was a blast to be there, and thanks to all who put it on. Well done!

Jim

Ps...Trooper still isn't home yet. He is going in the breed ring and then into Rally OB handled by Megan Baker.

Jill Simmons
10-05-2008, 08:22 AM
YEAH Rhonda and Rodin!! :D Congratulation to all the qualifiers.

Sue
So happy for Rhonda- Rodin is our Finn's father, and I loved cheering him on.

Gerry Clinchy
10-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Jim Drager
Ps...Trooper still isn't home yet. He is going in the breed ring and then into Rally OB handled by Megan Baker.

Trooper went onto receive the Triathalon Award ... for a leg in MH, a Q in Rally, and handled by his buddy, Laura Weinmann, 1st place in the Field Trial Dog Class.

Not bad for a dog who has to endure a handler who goes to the line in a skirt :-)