moscowitz
10-05-2008, 04:32 PM
SHORELINE RETRIEVER CLUB
FUN TRIAL TO BENEFIT
JIM OLMSTEAD
Open to All Retrieving Breeds

Nod Brook WMA
Simsbury, CT

Benefit Trial for Jim Olmstead . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sunday October 19, 2008

For Ribbons and Prizes
Cost . . . . . . . . . . . $35
Flyers?. . Yes, 2 each dog

Why: To help Jim and his family for the hardship endured this year

Non members invited: Absolutely

Format: Setups – will be designed for all level of dogs

Start Time: 8:30 sharp. . . . We would like to end setups early to begin the Party!

After Trial Party: H’ordeurves. . .little necks, clams, good stuff!
Refreshments (BYOB)
Ribbons. . . . for dogs
Prizes. . . . . . for you!!
Raffle . . . . . for all
Dog races . . bird throws. . and the list goes on

Please come and help Jim (and have a good time while you are at it)

Cutoff . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Wednesday 10/15/2008. We need time to organize the party and birds!

Reply to: Mitch Gilbert 1306 Main Street Glastonbury, CT 06033

Paula Richard
10-06-2008, 07:12 AM
We will have fun and help a wonderful family at the same time.

Paula

moscowitz
10-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Nice picture of Star!!

Lucky Seven
10-06-2008, 08:46 AM
The Jacksonville Retriever Club also does a "fun trial" in January...... and we have a BLAST. We also have our yearly club meeting and dinner the same weekend.

More clubs should consider doing one......

Have fun!!!!

Chad

mbcorsini
10-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Mike,

Count me in. Jim is one the nice people. See you there.

Mary Beth Corsini

moscowitz
10-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Mary Beth I don't want you to come. You embarrass me. Yes you can throw better than me. Hey it's not fair you played on a real softball team. I only played little league and second base because I had a shitty arm.

TN_LAB
10-07-2008, 08:56 AM
The Jacksonville Retriever Club also does a "fun trial" in January...... and we have a BLAST. We also have our yearly club meeting and dinner the same weekend.

More clubs should consider doing one......

Have fun!!!!

Chad

Good luck.

Sounds like fun. Our local club did a fun trial too. Everybody had a good time. I might have to suggest the dinner, raffle, etc. for the spring. At the very least, we ought to have a cookout.

Jerry and Freya
10-07-2008, 05:20 PM
O.K. How do you contach Mitch to enter?
Jerry:rolleyes::confused:

Miriam Wade
10-07-2008, 07:25 PM
O.K. How do you contach Mitch to enter?
Jerry:rolleyes::confused:

Re-read Mike's original (very detailed) post. Mitch's address is at the bottom.

M

Bob Walton
10-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Please note that the entire $35 per dog is going to the Olmsteads. Shoreline Retriever Club is donating all ammo , state fees, ribbons and food for the tailgate party. We hope to have a great turnout to show support for Jim and his family and to thank them for helping all the dog clubs over the years.Hope to see many old friends and also have a good time with our dogs. Bob

moscowitz
10-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Jerry and Freya you can only enter if you bring the Mcguirs. Will Irene and Freya Judge?

Jerry and Freya
10-08-2008, 05:47 AM
Hey===I do think the McGirr's plan to come...depending on how Terry is feeling as he was back in the hospital this past week for four days...
Trust me, you do not want me to judge (Freya)
How do we contact Mitch to enter? Phone # for him or direct email?
Cheers, Freya;)

mostlygold
10-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Freya

Just send a note with your dog(s) names and your names and what stake you are entering them in: Derby, Qual, Open, Singles or Puppy and a check for $35 for each dog to Mitch at the address listed.

mbcorsini
10-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Yikes,

I did not send a note, but I will be try Qual, with Jazz, if Mike will still let me come. :)

Mary Beth Corsini

mostlygold
10-12-2008, 08:21 PM
MB
You need to send Mitch a note or something so he can plan for birds. I think the deadline is October 15th.

Jerry and Freya
10-13-2008, 07:15 AM
Yup---I did enclose a note with my check for the stakes we are entering in along with our email and phone #.
Hope the weather is just a super as it was this past weekend!!:rolleyes:
Freya

Ken Bora
10-14-2008, 09:25 AM
would anyone be able to p.m. me Mitch Gilbert's phone number?

No Quarter
10-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Congrats to Shoreline's Fun Trial/Olmstead Benefit.
It was a good time with good friends and for a deserving and worthwhile cause. The whole team was very welcoming. Job Well Done.

Miriam Wade
10-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks to Dawn and Jane for judging & everyone who shot, threw, etc. It was a lot of fun & great to be a part of a benefit for the Olmsteads. NICE folks!

I think Paula & Marshall might want to reconsider retiring Star! :-)

Nice little gifts for the members Mitch!

Signed,

Clueless in Vermont

Paula Richard
10-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks to Dawn and Jane for judging & everyone who shot, threw, etc. It was a lot of fun & great to be a part of a benefit for the Olmsteads. NICE folks!

I think Paula & Marshall might want to reconsider retiring Star! :-)

Nice little gifts for the members Mitch!

Signed,

Clueless in Vermont

Dawn and Jane did a great job on a beautiful but cold day. They had great time management for the amount of dogs that ran.

Miriam: we may have to reconsider our thoughts about Star next year. She will be 9 in March. Her favorite event is pheasant hunting and she will never retire from that.

Thanks to Ken Bora for sending the maple syrup for our raffle. It was a great hit.

Mitch is always creative with those fun gifts.;-)

Paula

mbcorsini
10-20-2008, 07:30 PM
The fun trial was just that fun. Everyone had a great time. Thank you Shoreline for doing this for Olmsteads.

Mary Beth and Jazz

Diane Brunelle
10-20-2008, 07:32 PM
I am so happy to hear that all went so well and everyone had so much fun! I really wanted to be there but was previously committed a seminar. You guys are always so much fun to be with! It was so nice of you to run this benefit for Jim!

Diane

Bob Walton
10-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I just wanted to say Thanks to all that donated raffle prizes, food, money and their time for an event to help out our friends the Olmsteads.Everyone seemed to have a good time and help out to keep things moving.A special word of Thanks to Mitch Gilbert for running the trial. As always with Mitch , a job well done.

Malcolm
10-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Sorry I couldn't attend (competing in DE).

Sounds like everyone had a fantastic time!

Its nice to see folks come together for a good person!!!

sincerely,

Malcolm & Barbara Haith

Jerry and Freya
10-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Yes, a big thank you to all that put this FUN event together...
Jerry, I and our two Goldens had a great time in spite of the three hour ride home in Sunday traffic...was well worth the effort...
Freya and Jerry;)