PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Bear Branch Invitational

Keith Farmer
10-16-2008, 09:31 AM
We have set the date for the 2009 Invitational as February 6, 7, & 8, 2009.

There have been a few changes to the format including prize monies (in terms of how the monies are determined and distributed to placements)...please check the web site for details:

www.bearbranchinvitational.com (http://www.bearbranchinvitational.com)

Here are the main points:

1) We have reduced the days the event will be run to three (Fri, Sat, and Sun).

2) We are going to establish our testing scenarios specifically for HRCH, MH, and QAA level dogs in an effort to make the format more friendly to the "average" guy who wants to compete with his/her talented hunting/trialing/testing companion.

3) We are discussing with Delta Waterfowl about hosting a banquet/auction on Saturday evening.

Lodging (on a limited basis) and training will be available at Bear Branch (which is a prize in itself) so early registration is suggested.

Thanks for the past support. Rodney greatly appreciates the retriever games we all play and he is really trying to make this event something everyone can enjoy!

KF

badbullgator
10-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Ok Keith, I just found out that Feb is a free month at work for me. I looked on the BB site and don't see much as to the cost of rooms there. What kind of cost are we looking at in addition to the event itself?

blakegober
10-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I called about a room back in the spring for the Central AL HT there and I think they were about $120 a night. They also have communal showers/bathrooms in all but about 2 or 3 rooms so if you need a private bath you need to get your name in the hat now. The place is really nice and on really good grounds. the only reason I did not stay there was b/c they do not allow dogs in the rooms, nor will they allow outside dogs to stay in their kennels. I stayed at a Jamison Inn about 20 minutes away. If those things don't bother you than it is a great place. I don't have a nice enough crate for the dog to stay in it all night in the back of my truck, especially in February weather.

Keith Farmer
10-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Corey,

Kim handles all of the bookings in terms of rooms so I would suggest contacting her regarding lodging (205-487-5004). Right now the lodge is limited in terms of numbers of rooms, private baths, etc. However, Bear Branch has plans to expand with a large dining hall and multiple rooms. This may not happen before the event but future events will be totally covered in terms of lodging.

I hope you will bring your dogs. In fact, if you are running the Northeast Florida HRC test this weekend you will get to meet Mike Perry...he is judging two divisions there this weekend.

Thanks for the interest.

KF

badbullgator
10-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks Keith
I am working one bringing at least one, maybe two.
I think I met Mike in Madison GA back in April, but maybe it was a different Mike. He was at the hotel waiting to meet you and take a dog back to BB. I know his name was Mike and we talked quite a bit, but can't remember his last name.