PDA

View Full Version : Name a Good Looking Republican for 2012

Ken Bora
11-05-2008, 11:22 AM
The just had a comment on Fox News (fair and balanced) that pointed out how since television became instrumental in the presidential campaign. The most/more attractive candidate for president has won. They listed the races and sadly I agree with the statement. I guess we are maybe a little vain. We had lots of ugy guys on both sides before T.V.
So..... looking forward four years in time. Name a good looking republican to run.

Bob Gutermuth
11-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Gov Palin is the best looking I've seen.

John Schmidt
11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Mitt Romney

Juli H
11-05-2008, 12:10 PM
On a serious note...

Huckabee - He is very well spoken, has his head on his shoulders right, and does not judge others that don't share his views.....

or Palin, but Palin has a lot to accomplish between now and then...She definitely has the ability to energize a crowd - if she/her campaign were able to do what Barack/his campaign did in grass roots organization she could win.....

Now if you were going to go purely by looks....Palin....
Juli

AmiableLabs
11-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Word is that Bobby Jindal is headed on his first trip to Iowa next week.

I personally love Sarah Palin, but if she is going to be the next Ronald Reagan she needs to do like Reagan did -- spend years getting steeped in the details of all the political issues and bringing them together into a coherent personal political philosophy. This is what Reagan did! After being elected Governor and deciding he wanted to be President, he traveled the US for seven years, talking to people, taking part in panels, learning the issues.

Sarah is only 44 years old. If she runs for President the next time at the same age Hillary just did, it will be the year 2024. I am cheering for her and will do everything in my power to help her get elected whenever she runs again.

Bob Gutermuth
11-05-2008, 01:28 PM
I was scared spitless a year ago that Hillary would be elected. Now I wish she had been, she is much less scary that the president elect.

Arturo
11-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I was scared spitless a year ago that Hillary would be elected. Now I wish she had been, she is much less scary that the president elect.
Hadn't thought about it like that but ..... you are absolutely correct!

Wow, I never thought I would say that. Holysh....

Lisa S.
11-05-2008, 02:04 PM
On a serious note...

Huckabee - He is very well spoken, has his head on his shoulders right, and does not judge others that don't share his views.....

or Palin, but Palin has a lot to accomplish between now and then...She definitely has the ability to energize a crowd - if she/her campaign were able to do what Barack/his campaign did in grass roots organization she could win.....

Now if you were going to go purely by looks....Palin....
Juli

Huckabee!:cool:

luvmylabs23139
11-05-2008, 02:41 PM

I agree with you. As much as I don't like Hillary, at least she has experience in the senate and as a former First Lady she has international experience.

National security will now be in the hands of someone who would not pass the background check to be a member of his own Secret Service, the FBI, the DEA, etc.
Heck he would be DQ'd from our local police dept.

AmiableLabs
11-05-2008, 02:47 PM
I agree with you. As much as I don't like Hillary, at least she has experience in the senate and as a former First Lady she has international experience. National security will now be in the hands of someone who would not pass the background check to be a member of his own Secret Service, the FBI, the DEA, etc. Heck he would be DQ'd from our local police dept.
Anyone see the news today?

-- Russia is stationing missiles along the border to our NATO ally Poland.

-- Israel has launched air attacks on Gaza.

-- Hamas is launching rockets at Israel.

-- A foreign nation hacked into Obama campaign computers last night stealing personal information on the Pres-elect and his advisers.

Praise Obama!

Franco
11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Good looking Republicans?

I think Cindy MCcain is hot for her age. I think she is a lot hotter than Sarah Palin!:rolleyes:

Hoosier
11-05-2008, 03:19 PM
We need a candidate that looks good and can give a speech. In the end that is what got the *&&^%$# elected. The majority of people vote on looks and sound bites. To be honest the*&*$$#@ is the best speaker I've ever heard. I disagree with everything he says, and he almost convinces me.

Well I guess I should go out back and start digging a hole.

gsc
11-05-2008, 03:38 PM
On a serious note...

Juli

Have to disagree there... don't you remember Mitt R. and the slam for his religion? Seems he judged a whole bunch of others who don't share his views...

Juli H
11-05-2008, 03:50 PM
well what I have seen of him he has been nothing but fair and respectful.....(we did not have tv during a majority of the pres. campaign - so I must have missed out on that...perhaps now that he is not running for anything he doesn't feel the need to be on the offensive/defensive)..

Juli

gsc
11-05-2008, 05:07 PM
To his credit, he did apologize for it. I think that was more due to politics than change of his core beliefs.

Charles C.
11-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Have to disagree there... don't you remember Mitt R. and the slam for his religion? Seems he judged a whole bunch of others who don't share his views...

Thank you. Mr. Huckabee and a good number of his staunch supporters were very demeaning about MY religion. I'll have a hard time forgetting that and the fact that he was a crummy governor for Arkansas.

Marvin S
11-05-2008, 05:28 PM
I think Cindy MCcain is hot for her age.

I think Cindy McCain is a class act, plus apparently her dad thought her an astute businesswoman. She would have made a great 1st lady.

For 2012 - from the cast of 2008 - Romney, Guiliani & Palin (though I would think her wise to round out her resume prior to another shot) - of the governor's Bobby Jindal has to be a front runner & there are several fiscally conservative congress critters who I'm sure could find a place in an administration.

The Huckster would drive those of us who are socially moderate, fiscally conservative to wait 4 more years for something better. & we will be sick of someone preaching to us by the time Mid terms roll around. As more than one person has said " Where is Hillary when we need her"?

I'm sure things are gearing up at this moment as many believe this will to be an administration that is short lived.

Bob Gutermuth
11-05-2008, 06:48 PM
ABO in 2012......................Anybody but Obama

Terry Britton
11-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I'll run if if needed. By then, I will have completed both an MBA and an MSETM degree(www.msetm.com).

I already have a better understanding of economics, foreign policy, and technology than Obama.

AmiableLabs
11-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I already have a better understanding of economics, foreign policy, and technology than Obama.
You and just about every other candidate he ran against.

IowaBayDog
11-05-2008, 08:39 PM
After the next 4 years the Ted Nugent/Chuck Norris ticket may be the only thing that can save us from oblivion:snipersmile:.

Terry Britton
11-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Did I mention, I would declare several national holidays for duck hunting???

John Kelder
11-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Did I mention, I would declare several national holidays for duck hunting???

As your Secretary of Defense , I won't be at work for duck , goose , whitetail ,early bear , elk and moose opening weeks .Should dates overlap ,I will double dip and extend the appropiate week .
I will scout on my own time , however I do consider sick days my own time .

Buster Brown
11-11-2008, 03:08 PM
How About Palin and Huckabee.

Joe S.
11-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I'll run if if needed. By then, I will have completed both an MBA and an MSETM degree(www.msetm.com (http://www.msetm.com)).

Perhaps you would have been a better VP choice than Lady Sahra. ;-)

After McCain said he didn't understand the internet all that well, you really want to talk about technology? Come on...Obama had 10 MILLION e-mail addresses he would send stuff to. I've several Republicans mention they wish they had that kind of technology behind their campaign...

Technological Regards,

Joe S.

Captain Mike D
11-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Perhaps you would have been a better VP choice than Lady Sahra. ;-)

After McCain said he didn't understand the internet all that well, you really want to talk about technology? Come on...Obama had 10 MILLION e-mail addresses he would send stuff to. I've several Republicans mention they wish they had that kind of technology behind their campaign...

Technological Regards,

Joe S.

Yo Bro,

You got that right.
Could you tell me, just how many contributions did Obama get, non legal overseas vs legal contributions?

Just want the truth, no spin. Do you know? Don't think so as no one can track.
But what the heck, it will be called racist if anyone challenges.

Mike

M Remington
11-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Lamar Alexander of Tennessee and Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas.

K G
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Now THAT would be a helluva ticket.....Alexander has the background and the ethics; KBH has had my attention for a LONG time in Texas. She would complement him very well.

Lamar is gonna have to get a personality coach if he's gonna run against BHO. Kay can hold her own with the best of 'em, but she's gonna have to give Lamar a hand with the "warm fuzzy" thing.....;-)

kg

Terry Britton
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I was getting daily emails from both McCain and Obama. McCain had people that knew how to utilize technology.

Joe S.
11-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I was getting daily emails from both McCain and Obama. McCain had people that knew how to utilize technology.

OK. So then you must have knowingly flat out lied when you made the comment about Obama and technology.

Say, did OSU include an ethics class in the MSETM Program.

Kind Regards,

Joe S.

Joe S.
11-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Now THAT would be a helluva ticket.....Alexander has the background and the ethics; KBH has had my attention for a LONG time in Texas. She would complement him very well.

Lamar is gonna have to get a personality coach if he's gonna run against BHO. Kay can hold her own with the best of 'em, but she's gonna have to give Lamar a hand with the "warm fuzzy" thing.....;-)

kg

KGH would have made a far better pick than Lady Sarah, some have said.

Woulda' Shoulda' Coulda' Regards,

Joe S.

Snicklefritz
11-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Sen. Mel Martinez (R) Florida will be the next POTUS in 2012, or 2016. I'm not a Republican, but I believe that the racial glass ceiling has been shattered and the Hispanic vote will be huge next time.

A new face, a good looking face, and a smooth operator with a calm demeanor. Very smart guy. Limited connection to Bush and the past.

If the Republican Party trots out another tired horse from a by-gone age, they will be toast.

JMHO

Snick

Marvin S
11-11-2008, 10:52 PM
KGH would have made a far better pick than Lady Sarah, some have said. Joe S.

That's KBH, as in Kay Bailey Hutchinson, who indicated no interest early as she is mulling a run for Gov of Texico. As for the opinion of the left & the turncoats on Sarah Palin, who cares.

Ken Bora
11-15-2010, 12:17 PM
tick tock,
this is from 08, what think you all now?
any "Tea" for the top spot?

BonMallari
11-15-2010, 12:39 PM
I wasnt around when this thread started but you want a good looking Republican in 2012....Angie Harmon...dont think she will be losing her looks in the next couple of years

dnf777
11-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Christine O'Donnell

david gibson
11-15-2010, 12:56 PM
I wasnt around when this thread started but you want a good looking Republican in 2012....Angie Harmon...dont think she will be losing her looks in the next couple of years

but she's not a politician. no chance of her running - but she should run for something in california and get started.

palin is good looking but she's got that voice and accent that grade on me even.

bobby jindal has a lot going for him. not sure if he is considered good looking but he has a good presence and gets things done.

ABO

BonMallari
11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
but she's not a politician. no chance of her running - but she should run for something in california and get started.

palin is good looking but she's got that voice and accent that grade on me even.

bobby jindal has a lot going for him. not sure if he is considered good looking but he has a good presence and gets things done.

ABO

I forgot the sarcasm icon...the title of the thread read :Name a good looking Republican in 2012....some things just dont translate well over the internet...sarcasm is usually the best example of that

Terri
11-15-2010, 02:02 PM
I thought it was always the tallest guy that wins, not the best looking.

Terri

dnf777
11-15-2010, 02:13 PM
I thought it was always the tallest guy that wins, not the best looking.

Terri

Don't tell John Kerry or Bill Bradley that.

Marvin S
11-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Some blog had the top 5 for '12 :BIG:

1) John Thune - SD has already had one major failure - though he was a D
2) Haley Barbour - Barring something showing up, I could support that
3) Tim Pawlenty - I'm sure the D's from the frozen North would love that
4) Sarah Palin - IMO, Great Brand - little substance
5) Mitt Romney - ?????????? I think he shot his wad in '08

No mention of Jindal or Mitch Daniels, apparently they are too short ;-)

Franco
11-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Some blog had the top 5 for '12 :BIG:

1) John Thune - SD has already had one major failure - though he was a D
2) Haley Barbour - Barring something showing up, I could support that
3) Tim Pawlenty - I'm sure the D's from the frozen North would love that
4) Sarah Palin - IMO, Great Brand - little substance
5) Mitt Romney - ?????????? I think he shot his wad in '08

No mention of Jindal or Mitch Daniels, apparently they are too short ;-)

Jindal said he is not currently interested and plans on running for reelection as Gov.

I have yet to see any Republican that can unseat Obama. I just hope one emerges!

Palin or Huckabee would ensure an Obama landslide victory.

dnf777
11-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Palin or Huckabee would ensure an Obama landslide victory.

Why do you count Huckabee out?

road kill
11-15-2010, 04:30 PM

Too nice of a man.
Couldn't do what needs to be done to win.

Do not count Palin out.
Obama is as looney to my side as Palin is to yours and he got elected.

RK

Roger Perry
11-15-2010, 04:31 PM
If Palin gets to the primaries, I am changing my voter reg from Independent to Republican just so I can vote for her.;)

Franco
11-15-2010, 04:32 PM

I think many would be concerned with him being a southern Christian and his ties with Evangelicals.

He is very smart but his FOX TV show is very boring, hence his poor TV ratings. I doubt he would appeal to younger voters, most men and woman outside of the deep south.

dnf777
11-15-2010, 04:48 PM
I think many would be concerned with him being a southern Christian and his ties with Evangelicals.

He is very smart but his FOX TV show is very boring, hence his poor TV ratings. I doubt he would appeal to younger voters, most men and woman outside of the deep south.

Carter was a southern Christian too, so I don't think that eliminates him. As for his tv show, I agree. Its a real snoozer. I think if he got the right handlers, he could still have a real shot. A little image makeover would not be too much to pull off. I mean, he's not THAT bad, is he?

RK, I get your point. If your definition of "looney" is being out on the political extreme, I would mildly disagree. I think Palin is farther from center than he is, but we may not agree on that. The big difference between the two IMO, and the reason he was electable and she won't be...is the perception of intelligence. While nobody likes an Ivy League intellectual snob, we can tolerate that. Nobody wants a blooming idiot running the show.

Before I get blasted for calling her names, I am referring to perceptions. Almost all democrats, indies, and a majority of republicans all responded that she doesn't have what it takes to be president.

Franco
11-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Carter was a southern Christian too, so I don't think that eliminates him. As for his tv show, I agree. Its a real snoozer. I think if he got the right handlers, he could still have a real shot. A little image makeover would not be too much to pull off. I mean, he's not THAT bad, is he?

Carter was elected for the same reason Obama was elected, voters didn't trust the Republicans. Nixon's resignation was adifficult time in America and Ford didn't have the on-camera appeal or charisma. Whereas, Jimmy Carter seemed relaxed, playing softball with the media and he didn't wear his religion on his sleeve.

Even with the right handlers, I seriously doubt Huckabee would have that much appeal beyond Evangelicals. If the Tea Party couldn't win the senate race in Nevada, how would they carry the country?

YardleyLabs
11-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Carter was elected for the same reason Obama was elected, voters didn't trust the Republicans. Nixon's resignation was adifficult time in America and Ford didn't have the on-camera appeal or charisma. Whereas, Jimmy Carter seemed relaxed, playing softball with the media and he didn't wear his religion on his sleeve.

Even with the right handlers, I seriously doubt Huckabee would have that much appeal beyond Evangelicals. If the Tea Party couldn't win the senate race in Nevada, how would they carry the country?
I think you nailed it. Carter's religion was (is) part of who he is and informs his day to day views on issues, but it was never part of his political platform. By contrast, Huckabee has made religion a central part of his political identity.

Terri
11-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Don't tell John Kerry or Bill Bradley that.

I knew I was right, but I looked up the facts and 59% of the time the tallest guy has won the popular vote, the shorter guy has only won 33%, and 8% of the time the guys were the same height. The electoral votes the tall guy wins the most again. Sorry to say height does matter, not looks.

Now all the GOP has to do is find a taller guy than Pres. BHO, that can pull the moderates over the line to the right.
Terri

depittydawg
11-15-2010, 09:17 PM
The just had a comment on Fox News (fair and balanced) that pointed out how since television became instrumental in the presidential campaign. The most/more attractive candidate for president has won. They listed the races and sadly I agree with the statement. I guess we are maybe a little vain. We had lots of ugy guys on both sides before T.V.
So..... looking forward four years in time. Name a good looking republican to run.

I don't know. Are there any moderates left in the Republican party? On that note, can you name a good looking Democrat for President in 2012, cause I can't think of any of them either.

Ken Bora
11-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I don't know. Are there any moderates left in the Republican party? On that note, can you name a good looking Democrat for President in 2012, cause I can't think of any of them either.
You know who I always like on the Sunday morning political shows is the bald southern feller Carvil (spelling??)
I may not agree with what he says but he seems very very smart and what ever republican spokesperson is sitting across from him gets their ass handed to them in a bag, with a smile!!! If he ran for an office he would be dangerous.

Franco
11-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Mr Bora thinks that James Carville is a good looking Democrat...
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww167/gumboyaya_2009/jcarville.jpg
Maybe he's been in the woods too long:D

Ken Bora
11-15-2010, 09:42 PM
I think he is at least as hot as Hillary :)

JDogger
11-15-2010, 09:49 PM
I voted twice for republican NM Governor Gary Johnson. He is not widely, nationally known. Google him. You might be surprised that a liberal, secular progressive such as myself would support him.

BTW I did not support Bill Richardson as Gov, but I still think he has an impressive international resume. When he leaves office next year, he may be called to serve the Obama administration.

JD

david gibson
11-15-2010, 10:21 PM
I think he is at least as hot as Hillary :)

you would:rolleyes:

Ken Bora
11-16-2010, 07:16 AM
and way hotter than Jeneane Garolfolo

dnf777
11-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Anyone mention Colin Powell?

(not that I think he's cute, but he is Presidential appearing and carries himself well)

And he's battle tested.

road kill
11-16-2010, 09:05 AM

(not that I think he's cute, but he is Presidential appearing and carries himself well)

And he's battle tested.

I beleive we were looking for good looking Republicans.

RK

Ken Bora
11-16-2010, 09:10 AM

RK

we were until post 51,
now we are bi-partisan:cool:
when D-dawg asked about a purty dem.........
gosh they make the republicans look like hotties!!

dnf777
11-16-2010, 09:38 AM

RK

Has he been pushed out from under the republican umbrella of tolerance?

road kill
11-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Has he been pushed out from under the republican umbrella of tolerance?

Kinda, we don't need any more "progressives" in the tent.

He is on your side, remember??

RK

dnf777
11-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Kinda, we don't need any more "progressives" in the tent.

He is on your side, remember??

RK

I don't know about that. He was just very critical of Obama, saying he's "lost focus" during his first term.

To me, he sounds like a guy who looks at the current situation, and makes an informed decision about what he thinks is best. I have almost forgiven him for allowing himself to be led astray by the manipulative administrators of the Bush years (Rummy, Cheney) and given his military record, will cut him a little slack.

I am under the independent tent, but think either side would be foolish to kick Gen. Powell out of theirs. So far, only the republicans have done so.

All may be moot discussion, as he seems to have no desire to drag himself and his family through the gauntlet of presidential campaigns. THAT, to me, is most telling of his wisdom!

depittydawg
11-16-2010, 10:27 PM

And he's battle tested.

Not a chance. He failed to stand up and say the truth when he had the chance. He's a supporter, not a leader.

david gibson
11-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Jindal said he is not currently interested and plans on running for reelection as Gov.

but in retrospect franco, how many people have declared they are running 2 yrs out?

they all say theyarent interested. then the schmoozing and the vetting comes and who knows what can happen.

i wouldnt make him a favorite to declare interest, but i dang sure wouldnt write it off niether.

david gibson
11-16-2010, 10:40 PM

he's a nice guy and has a good presence, and i like him to an extent, but not enough crossover appeal as you say. not only is his show boring, but i think he demeans himself a little when he joins the band. cool i guess, but not take-charge leader presidential.

dnf777
11-17-2010, 08:21 AM
How 'bout the Politico rumor of Bloomberg/Scarbrough?? As Independents?

I would imagine most self-proclaimed republicans here would rather see Joe with bus tracks across his head than offer him a spot on a ticket??

dnf777
11-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Not a chance. He failed to stand up and say the truth when he had the chance. He's a supporter, not a leader.

I'd have to see the official briefings he was given prior to his UN speech. It hurts to think he would knowingly go along with the lies that were propogated by the administration..

BonMallari
11-17-2010, 10:01 AM

Former Commander of the US Army Forces command and Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staffs, not a leader :confused:

Colin Powell will never be welcomed by the Republican Party again since he committed the cardinal sin by his endorsement of BHO

Failing to stand up and say the truth as you put it comes from the fact as a true military man he would always support the President...kind of the difference between him and a General Wesley Clark

depittydawg
11-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Former Commander of the US Army Forces command and Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staffs, not a leader :confused:

Colin Powell will never be welcomed by the Republican Party again since he committed the cardinal sin by his endorsement of BHO

Failing to stand up and say the truth as you put it comes from the fact as a true military man he would always support the President...kind of the difference between him and a General Wesley Clark

Exactly my point. A man who follows orders when they are wrong, is not the man you want in charge. I was a big Powell supporter prior to his failure as Secretary of state. Your His first obligation was to his country; not to the man who hired him.